• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Trying to finish off these Low Rank caravan quests, but these Advanced quests seem to just keep going.

Are these randomly generated infinite quests or something?

IIRC, no they aren't randomly generated. There's just a lot of them and they appear and disappear at random.

I've done the Golden Rathian quest a whole bunch of times (Gathering Hall HR7 queest), but I still can't search up Golden Rathian as a target when I search for online gathering halls.

Am I missing something?

I want to farm it, but I can't search any rooms that are targeting it. Also, I don't host because no one ever shows up (even after 10 minutes), so I'm assuming something is weird with my connection

Berordn

So I gave the insect glaive a go and adore it, but I seem to have trouble launching the kinsect sometimes and the game seems to think I'm trying to mark a monster at point blank. I've already been carted like five times from this, halp plz D:

I've done the Golden Rathian quest a whole bunch of times (Gathering Hall HR7 queest), but I still can't search up Golden Rathian as a target when I search for online gathering halls.

Am I missing something?

I want to farm it, but I can't search any rooms that are targeting it. Also, I don't host because no one ever shows up (even after 10 minutes), so I'm assuming something is weird with my connection

Buy the monster books from the shop.

Nicko

Is capturing easier in this game compared to MH3U?

It seems like as soon as the monsters start staggering off / home they're ready for capture in MH4U, whereas in MH3U they stagger off / home but you'd still need to wail on them a little longer before the Capture Guru Skill tells you they're ready for capture.

Basically, do I still need the Capture Guru Skill for later on in this game?

Didn't see any other replies, so I'll tell you what I know..

Seems like everything in this game is significantly easier than 3U, especially at lower ranks. Can't comment on the need for capturing guru, as I'm still low rank.

Anyone else higher be able to provide any insight on this question?

Shengar

How can you fail delivering raw meat.
I find that failed to kill Bnahabra more ridiculous

Am I missing something?

You need to jave her on your monster list by buying Flying Wyvern book number 6 or 7 IIRC
That book will be available for purchase after you defeat Dalamadur

Tendo

I have a full set of Tetsu armor as I'm playing a bit each night. Should I spend my armor spheres on it or wait? And how do I get more armor spheres? I'm using hammer now btw.

I love this game... Gotta farm tetsucabra some today to upgrade my hammer!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have a full set of Tetsu armor as I'm playing a bit each night. Should I spend my armor spheres on it or wait? And how do I get more armor spheres? I'm using hammer now btw.

I love this game... Gotta farm tetsucabra some today to upgrade my hammer!

I always spend my armor spheres on upgrading defense. The only semi rare ones are advanced armor spheres and hard armor spheres, the rest are very abundant.

ys45

Damn that Gore Magala ! I need to kill him to get to HR 3 I tried yesterday with my friend and my gf but my friend was way too much on the offensive (hes using dual blade) and he died 3 times.
we tried again right after that, we did better but we failed for the same reason -_-
Good news is I did not die both time we tried I was using the Scaly sword and Tetsu armor.

Any recommendation to beat him ? He seems to go into rage mode for so long does he have unlimited stamina or something ? We fought him for like 30+ minutes the second time .

Anyone wanna help me kill him ? I could set up a room

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Where do I get armor spheres? Just mining? haven't come across any yet.
The best place early on is mining frozen seaway areas 3/4/5/6. It's a quick loop around and doesn't have many dangers. That's the ideal location to get armor sphere+ (usually 1-3 per trip if you go around the loop 3 times) but you'll also end up with a ton of normal armor spheres and a good amount of charms. I feel like volcanic hollow and heaven's mount are too big with too annoying of enemies to be convenient and also break my pickaxes more often.

Before frozen seaway, they seem a bit sparse and random, which makes sense since making a new set of armor is easier and more effective that early on, but you can sometimes get them sometimes as a quest prize. At and after frozen seaway, though, they are definitely very useful at giving you a defensive boost for the monsters you have to fight to get the next decent armor upgrade. After that things start to diversify with armor abilities being more important.

MrPanic

Just 'finished' the Caravan story. I liked the premise of that final battle, but the fight felt more like a tutorial than a actual fight so to see the credits roll right after was a bit disappointing. To celebrate the victory, I did the extra egg-straction quest right after. After 4 egg breaks (2 of which were caused by me pressing the b button >.<) I finished it with surprisingly little effort. I do need to remember to bring dash juice to those quests. I was surprised to see the Fatalis quest unlock from that egg quest.

So, what's with these 10* quests? Are those supposed to be G-rank or is it still considered high rank?

jorgejjvr

Damn that Gore Magala ! I need to kill him to get to HR 3 I tried yesterday with my friend and my gf but my friend was way too much on the offensive (hes using dual blade) and he died 3 times.
we tried again right after that, we did better but we failed for the same reason -_-
Good news is I did not die both time we tried I was using the Scaly sword and Tetsu armor.

Any recommendation to beat him ? He seems to go into rage mode for so long does he have unlimited stamina or something ? We fought him for like 30+ minutes the second time .

We can probably help you out for that one hunt. However there is only room
for one here.

-Alternis

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

I could farm some G Magala parts to make my weapon. Need Feeler and Tail, heheh. I'm HR4 and would love to help out in 10 minutes ?

deim0s

Stay behind/under him most of the time but watch out for the tail sweep. Bring him out of rage mode by smashing his head.

I can't seem to get the ability to craft the yan Kut Ku armour, despite having gotten the guild quests to hunt it, and of course having hunted it. What should I do in order to unlock the ability to craft this armour? Any help would be mic appreciated, thanks guys and gals.

ys45

I could farm some G Magala parts to make my weapon. Need Feeler and Tail, heheh. I'm HR4 and would love to help out in 10 minutes ?

Thx man I created a room : 55-1130-9249-0288
Password: 2536

Anyone is welcome :)

Stay behind/under him most of the time but watch out for the tail sweep. Bring him out of rage mode by smashing his head.

Yeah I figured that much yesterday after 10 mins of fighting him but hiting the head is kinda tricky thought since he is so aggresive.

jorgejjvr

So how is the dlc going to work for this game and when is it available? :D not sure about all the details and the more to this game the better!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Thx man I created a room : 55-1130-9249-0288
Password: 2536

Anyone is welcome :)

Yeah I figured that much yesterday after 10 mins of fighting him but hiting the head is kinda tricky thought since he is so aggresive.

Yeah I highly recommend we get 4 people in on this haha... or it won't look pretty.

Raide

I can't seem to get the ability to craft the yan Kut Ku armour, despite having gotten the guild quests to hunt it, and of course having hunted it. What should I do in order to unlock the ability to craft this armour? Any help would be mic appreciated, thanks guys and gals.

Have you fought him during the Caravan story stuff, or just the Guild version? I am not sure if you have to fight them during the Caravan stuff in order for the blacksmith to make them. Could be utterly wrong!

So how is the dlc going to work for this game and when is it available? :D not sure about all the details and the more to this game the better!

If it's the same as the previous games, they'll release new quests, arena battles, guild card backgrounds etc. on a weekly basis (at least I think it was once a week, not sure). The DLC armors and weapons and stuff can be crafted with special reward drops you get from those quests (like the super mushrooms for the mario costumes).

Have you fought him during the Caravan story stuff, or just the Guild version? I am not sure if you have to fight them during the Caravan stuff in order for the blacksmith to make them. Could be utterly wrong!
Hm, that may be it. I may be close to getting to him in the caravan missions, though I've already got him in the guild missions. Fair enough. Thanks Raide!

Raide

Hm, that may be it. I may be close to getting to him in the caravan missions, though I've already got him in the guild missions. Fair enough. Thanks Raide!

The Caravan version should be super easy now. It is more annoying to do it the other way since you kill him once and then he hardly appears outside of Expeditions. I had no idea the Guild stuff was there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom