• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Thx for the info!, but I'm playing MP a lot to.

I'm just HR 4 tho, need to work on that ^^

If someone actually wants to raise rank, just quote me.
We can work something out :)

Maybe later today we can play then. I also just reached HR4 online :)

R0ckman

So aggro technically doesn't exist in this? Monsters choose targets at random and target based on item use as well? Really lame and odd programming choice. The monsters have way too many handicaps.

ohkay

So aggro technically doesn't exist in this? Monsters choose targets at random and target based on item use as well? Really lame and odd programming choice. The monsters have way too many handicaps.
How is that a handicap? That just makes it so you have to always be aware that the monster can attack you without warning

burgerdog

Don't you love how charge crazy some of the monsters are in this game? And then you put a trap down and they complete freeze in place for upwards of 30 seconds? Capcom programmed some masterful trolling AI once you place a trap down, god damn.

Eh it makes sense for the monster to target somebody healing. Which is why it's probably a good idea to try and heal in a different area.

Scher

Don't you love how charge crazy some of the monsters are in this game? And then you put a trap down and they complete freeze in place for upwards of 30 seconds? Capcom programmed some masterful trolling AI once you place a trap down, god damn.

Let me charge you 4 times in a row what's that? You put a trap down? Let me spin in place and shoot fireballs.

yami4ct

Finally got a group that could actually take on Black Gravios. Woo hoo! So excited to finally be passed that. I know most of the people I played with hated that fight, but I really liked it. Forced you to have updated equipment and be quick on your feet. A nice test for HR.

Now I need to figure out what to do next. Currently running a Flickaxe+ and a Zinogre S. Set. Though the Zin set looks amazing, it's pretty non conducive to running with the Switch Axe skill wise. Maybe I'll go for the Azure Rath set I ran in MH3U, since I just unlocked him.

Anyone interested in trading GQs? I've got Ruby Basarios (HR: S&S/Dual Blades), Blue Yian Kut-Ku (HR: Lance/Gunlance), and Kirin (LR: Lance/Gunlance). I'd like a LR Yian Garuga or HR quests that have a bow equipment bias.

Cerity

We were hunting a rathalos yesterday, the other guys used 3 or 4 traps before they actually caught it and it wasn't even ready for a cap.

The joys of playing with people still new to the game.

R0ckman

How is that a handicap? That just makes it so you have to always be aware that the monster can attack you without warning

Well, it just makes it hard to strategize anything interesting. Traps can be wasted, no one can really be a disignated tank. Its just a dps show.

Kinsei

Banned
Well, it just makes it hard to strategize anything interesting. Traps can be wasted, no one can really be a disignated tank. Its just a dps show.

Isn't that a good thing? Turning this into what would essentially be a class based affair would be really boring IMO.

Mupod

Jesus. My first encounter with an Apex monster (the caravan 9* urgent) consisted of me walking forward two steps and carting.
I still cleared the quest in 12 minutes. Was surprised how fast Steve went down, he seems really vulnerable to normal 3.

Shiina

Jesus. My first encounter with an Apex monster (the caravan 9* urgent) consisted of me walking forward two steps and carting.
I still cleared the quest in 12 minutes. Was surprised how fast Steve went down, he seems really vulnerable to normal 3.

That's pretty much just a tutorial. Real Apex monsters will be much different.

yami4ct

If the entire game was a tank diverting the monster's attention while the DPS melee hit from the back and the shooters snipe from a mile away, it would be super boing. The whole point is strategizing with the other players in a way that's deeper than designated roles. Monster behavior is what facilitates this. You then do things like have people with reach (like gunners, long sworders, SA users, etc) focus on high parts, IG users focus on downing the monsters and strikers focus on hitting hard parts like heads. These roles also can switch at a moments notice if a monster decides to focus on say, your gunner. That's what keeps it interesting.

bobohoro

I actually had a Black Gravios just going apeshit beambarfing on me today, easily did 10+ in a row without moving, not even aiming most of them at anything. Then turned around and left the area, didn't even sniff at the trap 2 meters in front of it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Yeah I fought it last night and thought he was a total wuss lmao. After nearly dying so many times during the deviljho earlier I guess I was just in over drive mode and nothing could stop me.

Using my water dual blades I killed it in like 7 minutes and only had to use one potion.

He died before I could finish using up the prototype wystone the second time.

Seregios has a really easy to exploit AI though.

yami4ct

I actually had a Black Gravios just going apeshit beambarfing on me today, easily did 10+ in a row without moving, not even aiming most of them at anything. Then turned around and left the area, didn't even sniff at the trap 2 meters in front of it.

Black Gravios is so bad/good at this. If you want to kite him over for any reason, be it better positioning for mounting, trapping or whatever, he just defiantly sits to one side and starts spitting beams at you. He's such an asshole and I love him.

King_Moc

Banned
The Gore Magala in the Lv.6 quest "Crazy Stupid Love" is an absolute beast. Should it being throwing stuff like that at you in low rank?

Shiina

The Gore Magala in the Lv.6 quest "Crazy Stupid Love" is an absolute beast. Should it being throwing stuff like that at you in low rank?

That one is HR. And you should be used to it because you unlock it after clearing some HR missions (including HR Gore).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got Chilling Beak from second Najarala, which was actually the first real attempt to get it. RAPID FIRE CAIG SHOTS FOREVERRRRR!

I still need a second one to complete the Ceanataur set because they are evil bastards.

blackflag

Seregios in village is a joke. I carted twice real quick learning his moves, then bashed his face in with quickness. Loaded it up again and didn't get close to dying and it went by quick.

Made his hammer.

I'm sure it'll be much harder online

Dreavus

I completely forgot about weapon upgrade paths. I was considering fighting Jaggi a few more times to make the switch axe, then realized I could upgrade my Bone axe into one for fewer materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom