• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

oh lol Mau-chan has his own room. man I thought you were offline or something. shoulda checked the friends list first

ahh whatever >_>

39-2603-6826-4165

edit: dinner quests from HR4-7 then G1 (mostly stuff I haven't fought + double frenzy Zamtrios - I need this one done for sure ;_;)

edit2: thanks, Rex. You dc'd tho. check future posts for status of room

Cerity

ugh carted twice to a rathalos due to wind pressure :/

Get hit by poison swoop -> wind pressured -> in air flame breath thing -> dizzy -> fireball -> die from flames

Charged -> tail spinned -> wind pressured -> fireballed

Both times from full health as well. It's making getting that wind resistance all that more tempting.

Kinsei

Banned
oh god no

Everyone was Link.

Interesting approach, packs every month instead of weekly updates.

Yuri's English in so good, I wonder if he was raised in the US.

Maybe not everyone. I imagine the quest for it (Kirin + Rajang + Zinogre in the arena) will end up crushing quite a few people.

R0ckman

If the entire game was a tank diverting the monster's attention while the DPS melee hit from the back and the shooters snipe from a mile away, it would be super boing. The whole point is strategizing with the other players in a way that's deeper than designated roles. Monster behavior is what facilitates this. You then do things like have people with reach (like gunners, long sworders, SA users, etc) focus on high parts, IG users focus on downing the monsters and strikers focus on hitting hard parts like heads. These roles also can switch at a moments notice if a monster decides to focus on say, your gunner. That's what keeps it interesting.

I just think its too robotic. And it gets boring if you spend most of your time soloing the monsters. It also explains the spamming issues. It drove me to go online just so I could get the "hunt 2 monsters" quest done faster.

I don't think the strategizing is as deep. Infact forcing complicated strategies probably will make things worse due to monsters being random. Its best to just immobilize the monster and beat it to hell, all it usually takes is one guy to know how and when to immobilize the monster and it becomes a curb stomp fest.

ugh carted twice to a rathalos due to wind pressure :/

Get hit by poison swoop -> wind pressured -> in air flame breath thing -> dizzy -> fireball -> die from flames

Charged -> tail spinned -> wind pressured -> fireballed

Both times from full health as well. It's making getting that wind resistance all that more tempting.
The wind pressure in this game is ridiculous I don't remember it being this bad in 3U(pretty sure it was worse in FU I think)

Youre stunned for so long monsters are able to get an easy follow up. Its only happened with rathalos and gore so far

Shiina

I have one. I can share it with you later, playing with some people right now.

Sweet.

Does anyone have a clue how guild quest scaling works? If I do them on my own, will the monsters have village-tier HP or will they have HP as if I did them with others in the gathering hall?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Which Charge Blade would be better to get, Permanence (the Mohran one) or Arachnoscale (the high rank Nerscylla one)? Arachnoscale seems to have the better starting stats (white and blue sharpness equal to the amount of blue sharpness Permanence has) and 20% affinity as opposed to Permanence's 5%. But at the same time I can make Permanence now and it wouldn't really hurt since I don't have anything else to do with all these Mohran mats I got from doing the HR3 urgent four times in a row, whereas I'd have to farm a bit more for Arachnoscale.

EDIT: Wait what the fuck, you need a Rathalos Plate to make the Mohran armor set? Now that's just straight up trollin'. :lol

Astarte

Which Charge Blade would be better to get, Permanence (the Mohran one) or Arachnoscale (the high rank Nerscylla one)? Arachnoscale seems to have the better starting stats (white and blue sharpness equal to the amount of blue sharpness Permanence has) and 20% affinity as opposed to Permanence's 5%. But at the same time I can make Permanence now and it wouldn't really hurt since I don't have anything else to do with all these Mohran mats I got from doing the HR3 urgent four times in a row, whereas I'd have to farm a bit more for Arachnoscale.

EDIT: Wait what the fuck, you need a Rathalos Plate to make the Mohran armor set? Now that's just straight up trollin'. :lol

I really enjoy using the Arachnoscale. That thing sounds baller whenever you swing it, plus it looks so clean.

sonicmj1

Got DC'd. Can you recreate the room?

And oh yeah, if you want LR quests out, probably set the filter to 4* quests.

Sorry, I didn't see this.

Thanks for the help, though. I've made pretty good progress in HR5, and now I feel like I have some achievable goals to aim for in terms of armor.

It's scary how much time this game can eat when playing online. There's always another goal to reach, and the fights are usually fun enough that the grind feels invisible.

Yeah he just carted me because MY CATS ARE RETARDED and didn't want to heal me. :/

Also -27 Thunder defense.
The first fight had the food thunder restsistance that was insignificant, and the second Felyne Defender was hardly proccing and the palicos were getting electrocuted left and right so there went my heals.

Not to mention how many times he got with his range shock. What a fun fight. I'm going back until I can down him without carting.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
With a Gunlance is there any way to dodge sideways besides immediately after an attack? Congalonga is giving me trouble for the same reasons Gypceros did, namely that if he's coming at me from any angle other then straight on I can't dodge and I can't block

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any tips on Najarala? I can't ever seem to get to his face because his tail is always in the way. Trying to farm beaks and have not had any luck.

E: Also, what do you hammer users suggest for low rank armor options?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Question about the Palicos. Somehow, my main one decided to refuse to learn skill? In fact, it used to have a healing skill it learned from a secondary Palico and that ability went away. What's up with that?

Kinsei

Banned
Question about the Palicos. Somehow, my main one decided to refuse to learn skill? In fact, it used to have a healing skill it learned from a secondary Palico and that ability went away. What's up with that?

The skills it has are determine by how many first stringers of a specific ability it has. Have two healing palicos set to first stringers to teach it a healing skil and then keep adding more to make your ace a healing palico and teach it more skills.l.

With a Gunlance is there any way to dodge sideways besides immediately after an attack? Congalonga is giving me trouble for the same reasons Gypceros did, namely that if he's coming at me from any angle other then straight on I can't dodge and I can't block

Put your back to where you want to go and back hop. IIRC if you press back and B at the same time the distance covered is increased.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Stupid Question

What does registering my guild card do? And why does it say I can't change certain things after I do? It makes me not want to do it.

Kinsei

Banned
Stupid Question

What does registering my guild card do? And why does it say I can't change certain things after I do? It makes me not want to do it.

Guild card or guild quest? Registering your card just makes it so it shows your equipment. Registering your guild quests is the only way to actually do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom