• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffy

Though I just forged the Queen Scionfire this morning (getting the needed Rathian Ruby on my first try, which was convenient), I couldn't resist forging the Bite Blaster this afternoon. The attack power of both weapons are the same and their clip sizes are similar, but Najarala's gun reloads two steps faster (above average vs. below average), it apparently upgrades to something I can take the limiter off in high rank, and it looks pretty cool.

Another upside is that I've gotten a lot more practice against Najarala and have gotten pretty good at blasting off that "frill" on its back before it dies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
7-8% chance per mining action to get an armor sphere+

Mine 36 items, none of them an armor sphere+

...I guess that's possible.

Also I wish you could check what items your palicoes gather because sometimes they swipe them from under my nose and I think I got less than I did and push on trying to mine longer.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Going back and doing 2 and 3 star village quests to complete them, and learned things I never knew.

1) You can catch multiple fish with the corresponding bait. Pretty sure you can catch all 5 with one bait. Just let all the fish bite.

2) If a fish bites that you don't want, just let it pass and another fish that you do want will join.

3) You can push the altaroths by running into them. This lets you move them to whatever you want them to gather so you can get it when they are killed.

Kyzon

If I get on after I eat I have a few thing I'm going to need to do. First order of business is get some G-Rank armor though.

The 1 shots are real.

What's the point of weapons like the Rupture Switch Axe? It has a very small amount of blue sharpness then practically no green sharpness. The only possible use I could see it having is maybe you're supposed to upgrade it to a better version before use.

What's the point of weapons like the Rupture Switch Axe? It has a very small amount of blue sharpness then practically no green sharpness. The only possible use I could see it having is maybe you're supposed to upgrade it to a better version before use.

You're supposed to augment it with the razor sharp or sharpness +1 skill me thinks.

ramyeon

So I need to decide on armour set for early G Rank (G1). Seregios is tempting but he's a bitch to fight in my current High Rank Heart Rath set :/

Cerity

The wind pressure in this game is ridiculous I don't remember it being this bad in 3U(pretty sure it was worse in FU I think)

Youre stunned for so long monsters are able to get an easy follow up. Its only happened with rathalos and gore so far

It was long in FU but now it's part of their attack set. I've seen it mostly from the rath's, they'll purposely beat their wings, wait just enough for you to roll away if you had wind resistance and then attack.

Well at least you can shield the flash, otherwise I'd say that fella runs about too much to be an effective learning tool for the initially sluggish feeling gunlance.
Also I swear it tears through the shield better than most, I've guarded explosive clusterbombs that did less than the mighty triple peck of the purple fiend, and that's not factoring in all three.
Yeah even with my trusty gunlance I try not to block everything otherwise I have no stamina to do anything.

Mupod

Hunting with random people isn't so bad at times. Once in a while you meet people who are willing to help each other.

I've had almost nothing but good experiences with randoms in this game and all other MH games with online.

That said I generally stick to rooms with people I know.

Anyone need help through HR6? I'm in no rush and just want to shoot things. If I happen to rank up in the process that's fine.

So I've been busy with school and work. I finally have the night off. Anyone want to help me increase my rank. (HR5) Or help me farm a good high rank armor.

Mupod

So I've been busy with school and work. I finally have the night off. Anyone want to help me increase my rank. (HR5) Or help me farm a good high rank armor.

Sure, make a room and I'll join.

I'm looking to farm up azure rathalos and/or stygian zinogre so if we get to HR6 we can work on those.

I've had almost nothing but good experiences with randoms in this game and all other MH games with online.

Anyone need help through HR6? I'm in no rush and just want to shoot things. If I happen to rank up in the process that's fine.

Do you want to help me with HR3? I just reached it.

DemonDogRex

Neo Member

I could use some help farming a few Azure Rathalos in HR 6, need their tails so i can craft the armor. Afterwards we could do whatever quests in HR 6 you feel like

ID: 42-9798-1000-9707
No passcode

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I just made my starting G rank armor, actually. Screenshots in a bit. Stupid 2 minutes between posts on Miiverse.

I made an early brute tetsacubra set for G rank and it is doing alright. I need to decode on what armor to go for though being a glaive user.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
My love for the azure rath set continues.

I realized I could gem in Stamina recovery easily for use with dual blades

expert +3, stam rec, ear plugs and razor sharp is insane for the dual blades.

Here we go!

zlCfzTD_WQwjs9QAfb

Defense and Crit flavor:

zlCfzTD_Z788pP0Dh5

Evasion flavor:

zlCfzTD_dg8c8J0itw

If something is weak to thunder, it's fucking dead flavor:

zlCfzTD_g0ohO3efOY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom