• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kensuke

Just finished my new set. Managed to get both Edgemaster and Edge Lore on it. My guy looks ugly as sin, but the skills are amazing.

DLBKv9j.jpg

XFVILS3.jpg

It's not perfect though. The glaive has 682 damage and no element, which is very mediocre. Only reason it's there is that is has Edgemaster +5. Now I need to find a better (rare 10) glaive with the same perk. I'm grinding excavations forever.

Does anyone want to help me fight HR Khezu? I only need two more of his hides, and having such low thunder defense makes him a huge pain by myself.

I also need to kill a few other monsters for my armor, but Khezu's the biggest PITA.

48 5117 2791 2839

Password 1991

Juraash

4 Azure Rathalos 5 rubies...never has my luck been that insane. Just a couple of scales and Rath Soul will be done. Kinda wish there was a caravan quest where azure wasn't paired with a Seregios by default but he seems to bug out pretty consistently with dung bombs.

Also black Gravios was kinda lame, but didn't seem as bad as the normal variant. The only downside to that quest was having my first Jho show up. Probably swap off caravan tonight and power through some guild hall stuff, shouldnt be too tough to get get through most of high by myself.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wow. People in high rank armor keep coming into my room and triple carting on rathian/red khezu.

Why do people expect to do these things with crap gear?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Been playing for about six hours now and slowly getting into the groove...but, I don't know when or where's a good time to jump in online. I feel like I'll just be holding my fellow Hunters back. :(

Kinsei

Banned
Been playing for about six hours now and slowly getting into the groove...but, I don't know when or where's a good time to jump in online. I feel like I'll just be holding my fellow Hunters back. :(

Since you're new I'd recommend reaching the 5* quests before heading online. You'll have a very good grasp of the core mechanics by then.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wow. People in high rank armor keep coming into my room and triple carting on rathian/red khezu.

Why do people expect to do these things with crap gear?
I forgot that you could upgrade armor until I hit G rank; was sporting some 300 odd defense. :D

Just finished my new set. Managed to get both Edgemaster and Edge Lore on it. My guy looks ugly as sin, but the skills are amazing.

DLBKv9j.jpg

XFVILS3.jpg

It's not perfect though. The glaive has 682 damage and no element, which is very mediocre. Only reason it's there is that is has Edgemaster +5. Now I need to find a better (rare 10) glaive with the same perk. I'm grinding excavations forever.

Jeez. Where are you getting your charms?

Yrael

I've been working through the villager quests before hopping online - I like to be able to familiarise myself with the new monsters and get some decent armour and weapons first before tackling guild quests. I've just defeated Shagaru Magala...it was actually surprisingly easier than I expected.

Anyway, is it worth me trying to collect the full Shagaru armour set? Or at this point should I just aim for the high rank stuff?

Kinsei

Banned
I've been working through the villager quests before hopping online - I like to be able to familiarise myself with the new monsters and get some decent armour and weapons first before tackling guild quests. I've just defeated Shagaru Magala...it was actually surprisingly easier than I expected.

Anyway, is it worth me trying to collect the full Shagaru armour set? Or at this point should I just aim for the high rank stuff?

You're better off making a high rank set. I recommend Monoblos.

Kensuke

Jeez. Where are you getting your charms?

Charm is from a lvl 130+ Deviljho excavation. It has Edgemaster +2 and Hearing +5. Pretty much the best charm I have. You can get even better ones though, this one is only Rare 10, but the excavation ones can go up to Rare 12.

Yrael

You're better off making a high rank set. I recommend Monoblos.

Mm okay thanks, I'll stick with my current Tetsu armour then for a while (it's already been upgraded with Armour Spheres a few times) until I have enough to craft a HR set.

Garou

Charm is from a lvl 130+ Deviljho excavation. It has Edgemaster +2 and Hearing +5. Pretty much the best charm I have. You can get even better ones though, this one is only Rare 10, but the excavation ones can go up to Rare 12.

No, there is nothing higher than Rare 10, but there are two different types of Rare 9 & Rare 10.

jorgejjvr

Wow, so on seregious urgent, almost done with him in the guild with people, about to reach G2, I accidentally pressed the power button.... That sucks...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I need a Zinogre Tail for my gun.

Code:
Tail Carve 	Zinogre Tail 	1 	70%
Tail Carve 	Zinogre Shell 	1 	20%
Tail Carve 	Zinogre Shockfur 	1 	8%
Tail Carve 	Zinogre Plate 	1 	2%

I have thus far received 3 shockfurs, a shell, and a plate.

Edit: And 3 more shells.... This is one hell of a 70%

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
yes it is. jump online nao!

Is there a way to just join up with random people? And if so, do you think I'll have luck finding a good group?

I don't wanna play with people I know on here just yet. :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Does anybody have a high-rank Basarios quest I could tag along on? I need one Heavenly Crystal and I don't have any way to get it (although I have no idea how I have the one I have now).

PrankT

Anyone want to help me beat Black Gravios urgent for HR5? 25-2630-6996-1688, open lobby. I helped a few people with it but no one sticks around when it's your turn!

I need a Zinogre Tail for my gun.

Code:
Tail Carve 	Zinogre Tail 	1 	70%
Tail Carve 	Zinogre Shell 	1 	20%
Tail Carve 	Zinogre Shockfur 	1 	8%
Tail Carve 	Zinogre Plate 	1 	2%

I have thus far received 3 shockfurs, a shell, and a plate.

Edit: And 3 more shells.... This is one hell of a 70%

Not getting a tail from the tail will be endlessly amusing.

Except for the times you get a 2% drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom