• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

The early game was way easier than 3U, but once I got to HR I slowed down dramatically. I'm 70+ hours in and still only HR6. Was definitely G by this time in 3U. Not complaining, but really interesting how that curve worked out. Probably going to push through HR6 and 7 tomorrow.

Seil

Trying again lol. Anyone want to help me rank up? Gotta do the 7* keys and Dalamadur.

34-3469-2585-4140
Pass: 1234

jorgejjvr

It's a pretty cool set. Don't bother gemming out slow sharpening, it only adds one more tick to the sharpening animation.
Sounds good!! First full set I have :p

So could you help me understand what these mean?

Constitution +2
Negate bleeding
Steady hand
Now I know about slow sharpening!

And what gems would be good for this set and how do germs work, haven't really been using them xD

ohkay

Damn the desire sensor! I've been trying all night to get a s. Magala plate. All I want is a shiny new charge blade

Constitution +2
Negate bleeding
Steady hand

And what gems would be good for this set and how do germs work, haven't really been using them xD

Constitution reduces the stamina usage of dodges and blocks and makes your super man dive much further. Negate Bleeding makes you immune to Seregios' bleeding ailment. Steady Hand makes it so that your weapons don't bounce off enemies and reduces the rate at which your weapons dull by half.

If you have a 3 slot talisman you can get attack up L. It really depends on what you have available. Attack gems are very easy to make so you might wanna go that route until you get some better talismans later.

PKrockin

Holy crap the Seregios weapons look overpowered. Is there another catch to them? Can you not sharpen them with Whetstones or something?

Seems like a crazy jump from "you can maybe get a few weapons with a bit of blue sharpness if you work hard" to white sharpness at this point of the game.

Finally got my circle pad pro in the mail today and been playing nonstop. Got up to where I unlocked expeditions and have done like 5 so far. I'm not sure if I just have really bad luck but two large monsters always show up at the same time. Or just staggered enough to when I get one low on health another shows up and the first one runs away. I finally killed a Great Jaggi and couldn't loot it because the giant green flying mosquito thing repeatedly ran over me.

Overall I'm enjoying it but feel like It'd be better on Wii U. I sometimes get the same claustrophobic feeling I would get when playing Freedom Wars on vita.
You can smoosh some poop inside a bomb casing and throw it at monsters to make them run away.

Unicorn

Taking a weekend off because I'm several weeks behind in schoolwork. This is awful. I dream about hunting monsters.

Spring break is soon. I need to get caught up so I can hunt some more with friends and not fall behind in HR
KuGsj.gif

so how's slime now? Like, I hear the kelbi bow doesn't work the way it used to but are Dios weapon still worth it for breaking parts? I miss my Dios sns :(

yami4ct

so how's slime now? Like, I hear the kelbi bow doesn't work the way it used to but are Dios weapon still worth it for breaking parts? I miss my Dios sns :(

I had heard it got a pretty big downgrade from 3U and is now heavily dependent on Monster weakness/resistance to it, but I haven't used Slime myself to try it out. Some monsters still get hit hard, while others not so much. Been avoiding the Dios Switch Axe, but might just grab it to give it a try. Still fun to see monsters just explode.

Damn Kinsei we were tearin through monsters rediculuosly fast lol. Too bad you had to bail early, I guess I should probably call it a night myself.

Condom

Constitution +2
Negate bleeding
Steady hand

Wait you are G rank and this is your first full set? You've been missing out on all the fun dude lol.

Cerity

Been putting off deviljho for ages, finally got around to it and I found him actually pretty easy with the CB lol.

Still scarred from last gen I guess lol.

What's this Hunters for Hire stuff? Do I just need to add friends?

You have to trade Guild Cards, I think. When you go back offline they'll show up as npc's in your guild hall and you can send them out on missions. The missions can be anything from hunting a big monster to delivering 3 steaks and may vary in success depending on how hard the mission is and how much money you spend on them. So let's say one of the HfH has a mission to hunt a Kecha Wacha and has a success rate of 'C', you can spend a little money on it beforehand and boost that up to an 'S'. The lowest base success rate I've encountered was 'E', after spending money on it it went up to a 'B+' (I think).

You can have up to 4 hunters waiting in the GH, but can only send out one at a time. If there is no HfH who has a mission you particularly care about, don't fret. Just sent a hunter on a mission anyway and the others' mission will have changed once they come back.

Cerity

well that apex seregios was a letdown. Hit it with a shield shell and it died :| One of those, Oh really... moments.

That was a troll seregios though, golden crown length. Sitting under it and most of my attacks missing because of it's height </3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom