• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
well that apex seregios was a letdown. Hit it with a shield shell and it died :| One of those, Oh really... moments.

That was a troll seregios though, golden crown length. Sitting under it and most of my attacks missing because of it's height </3

That's how mine was too. I went in way over prepared for that one.

JimPanzer

well that apex seregios was a letdown. Hit it with a shield shell and it died :| One of those, Oh really... moments.

That was a troll seregios though, golden crown length. Sitting under it and most of my attacks missing because of it's height </3

wait is the size of the monster actually represented in game? thought it's just a random number.

Madouu

... I can't believe how much of a pain that quest was. Is there something I don't know about that stupid bug?

First time I did the GH quest was with 2 friends so I can't tell for sure but I remember her hitting quite hard for my gear at the time. Also, maybe you had negative water resist.

Not my favorite fight but a pretty damn cool concept.

Mr Rivuz

I'm trying to learn to play with the heavy bowgun, but i'm really hating it :(
Takes me forever to kill anything, and aiming with that nub is such a pain....

Cerity

wait is the size of the monster actually represented in game? thought it's just a random number.

Yep, most of the time the size differences aren't that noticeable but every so often you'll see one that's definitely smaller or bigger than the ones you've fought before.

Randy42

Anyone have a lowish rank Yian Kut Ku GQ they could share? Killed around 3 in expeditions so far (need to grind a few of their drops for weps) but just been having no luck getting the quests to make it easy and I'm kind of sick of this meta grind of grinding expeditions to be able to grind the monster I actually want.

First time I did the GH quest was with 2 friends so I can't tell for sure but I remember her hitting quite hard for my gear at the time. Also, maybe you had negative water resist.

Not my favorite fight but a pretty damn cool concept.

Jaggi armor has no water resist >: but i think i wasn't ready for the speed increase from low to high.

Netto-kun

Anyone have a lowish rank Yian Kut Ku GQ they could share? Killed around 3 in expeditions so far (need to grind a few of their drops for weps) but just been having no luck getting the quests to make it easy and I'm kind of sick of this meta grind of grinding expeditions to be able to grind the monster I actually want.
I have a level 16 quest. Also have low rank Kirin and Yian Garuga GQ if you need.

12-9880-5356-6983

Pw: 1234

Holy fuck! Talk about insane luck. I fought Molten Tigrex for the first time (pretty cool fight) and when I went to carve at the end I got 3! That's right, 3 Pulsating Blasthearts in a row! That's it's 2‰ rare drop.

I dont even

Cerity

Man the kushala daora fight is a mess and a letdown. Didn't know what I was meant to be doing the entire time, I assumed it was quicker to use the ballista and cannons like the mohran fight. The kushala itself was too small to be able to target with the dragonator and the ace kept on moving the cannon platform around by himself.

co1onel

Yeah you can often notice if monsters you've played several times are slightly bigger or smaller. Also MHFU had this:
snap025.jpg

Mini khezu.

Randy42

lmfao holy crap I didnt realize GQ kut ku would literally be the worst / most annoying fight I've done so far trying to do it solo. Been going at it since I left you netto, nearly 40 minutes :( Was even using the (first tier) water blade which are its weakness.

Since all his attacks are charge attacks with him running all the hell over I could barely ever actually get to hitting him when he wasn't drooling/tired out, cause I'd get there and he'd just charge off again. Especially since I needed to focus on breaking his face since that's what scales really drop from. Couldn't mount either with DBs cause his flying made it nearly impossible to get a good wall jump on him (and thats if he didnt knock me off first). Even with my presumably on-tier armor each hit was still like 30%+ so I chewed through a shit ton of pots/mega pots even after the first 4~ first aids. Just an awful, abysmal fight all around that took 3 times as long as I expected based on the expedition fights I've done.

Still need to do at least one or two more fights on him, no desire to do it solo. Gonna need to find a couple people for it tomorrow (hopefully one with a lance or IG to mount him way easier)

Sorry if this has already been asked but are US retailers likely to be restocked soon? I just don't want to go digital but I seem to be out of luck atm regarding physical copies.

NewGame

Banned
so how's slime now? Like, I hear the kelbi bow doesn't work the way it used to but are Dios weapon still worth it for breaking parts? I miss my Dios sns :(

Hi. Sns master race here. You want the fatalis sns which you can build from completing all the egg delivery quests in the village (all of them, all ranks)

I'd be down for some!

My gunner armor is beginning to be outclassed though, it's around 100 defense. I was one shot yesterday by Shagaru's dash attack with maxed out health and Def Up L. I'll excuse myself if I end up being too much of a liability.
54-3872-4336-4627

Edit: Filled up, sorry! Ended up just joining a random room as no one responded until you.

ohlawd

How do I lance? :D

I can't even...

It feels so different coming from the CB.

1. get evade+1, higher if you want but not necessary. evade+3 will break your game. crunching numbers for i-frames, you will be nigh invincible with +3

2. swag step through everything, stylin' all the monsters

3. pokey pokey pokey

tuffy

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/lightbowgun/demons-island

Man, this is such a good LBG, but the upgrade cost is ridiculous. I could get it right now, but it'd cost me nearly half my money. Any good way to make a bunch of money really quick? I don't have my old Might Seed farming method from the older games anymore.
I would advise against putting a bunch of upgrades into the Demon's Isle, actually. The God's Island has similar capabilities and its rarity is high enough that you can take the limiter off.
I'm trying to learn to play with the heavy bowgun, but i'm really hating it :(
Takes me forever to kill anything, and aiming with that nub is such a pain....
I don't use the nub for aiming at all. Just tapping the R trigger brings up the first-person scope, which I point using the left slide pad. This keeps my left thumb on the pad at all times and my right thumb on the buttons while shooting. Or, you can just use the left D-pad for aiming with the 3rd-person scope.

deoee

1. get evade+1, higher if you want but not necessary. evade+3 will break your game. crunching numbers for i-frames, you will be nigh invincible with +3

2. swag step through everything, stylin' all the monsters

3. pokey pokey pokey

I got guard equip, cause it's the first thing I could afford for lancing :)

lmfao holy crap I didnt realize GQ kut ku would literally be the worst / most annoying fight I've done so far trying to do it solo. Been going at it since I left you netto, nearly 40 minutes :( Was even using the (first tier) water blade which are its weakness.

Since all his attacks are charge attacks with him running all the hell over I could barely ever actually get to hitting him when he wasn't drooling/tired out, cause I'd get there and he'd just charge off again. Especially since I needed to focus on breaking his face since that's what scales really drop from. Couldn't mount either with DBs cause his flying made it nearly impossible to get a good wall jump on him (and thats if he didnt knock me off first). Even with my presumably on-tier armor each hit was still like 30%+ so I chewed through a shit ton of pots/mega pots even after the first 4~ first aids. Just an awful, abysmal fight all around that took 3 times as long as I expected based on the expedition fights I've done.

Still need to do at least one or two more fights on him, no desire to do it solo. Gonna need to find a couple people for it tomorrow (hopefully one with a lance or IG to mount him way easier)

Kut Ku is actually weakest to Ice.

Use traps and flashes and always go for the head.

Dual Blades can be tough since monsters rarely stand still for demon dances. You are better off charging archdemon mode and staying mobile. Stick to fast strikes to the head and move with him.

PKrockin

lol, a Ruby Basarios showed up on an expedition so I took the heavy bowgun, a little worried whether I'd be able to kill it in time. I'm still not great at the HBG yet and I didn't know what a Basarios or Ruby was. It was just another Gravios. I killed it in like 5 minutes after unloading 9 Crag Lv2s and 40 Pierce Lv2s into its chest. What a joke.

edit: holy crap, that Emerald Congalala went down so fast. The HBG is destruction.

BBboy20

Oh yeah, in the Help, it seems like eggs can be sold to the Veggie Elder. More specifically, the Red Box is only for Quest Items now. =/

lol, a Ruby Basarios showed up on an expedition so I took the heavy bowgun, a little worried whether I'd be able to kill it in time. I'm still not great at the HBG yet and I didn't know what a Basarios or Ruby was. It was just another Gravios. I killed it in like 5 minutes after unloading 9 Crag Lv2s and 40 Pierce Lv2s into its chest. What a joke.
Well, Basarios is a baby Gravios :p

Nohar

Kut Ku is actually weakest to Ice.

Use traps and flashes and always go for the head.

Dual Blades can be tough since monsters rarely stand still for demon dances. You are better off charging archdemon mode and staying mobile. Stick to fast strikes to the head and move with him.

Also don't hesitate to overuse the new spinning attack which you unlock in archdemon mode (X+A). It is excellent to close the distance between you and the monster, it deals damage, it helps tremendously to position yourselves, and you can evade right after it.
Note that you can do a spinning jump attack by evading from a ledge (it requires you to be in Demon or Archdemon mode), which is very great if you want to mount monster (it will launch you character on a pretty nice distance). Press X during this attack to do a diving attack which is also very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom