• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugoo18

Need some advice

This is my current setup

zlCfzTEJuA0S-mk2uc

zlCfzTEJoDsIbRHUR2

Is Edgemaster a better choice over Atk up L and Sharpness + 1 and what exactly is up with Sergios weapons, read somewhere about regaining sharpness by you dodging?

The new attack Khezu gets in G-rank makes it even more obnoxious

As impossible as that sounds

The one with the waves of lightning during it's normally EXTREMELY irritating move where it surrounds itself in lightning, often after the normally EXTREMELY irritating move where it surrounds itself in lightning?

I agree.

yep, it's really good for bow! finished mine yesterday.

zlCfzTEJpYMOJHRHx3

good luck with the umbrage drop :p

I apparently already have one.

I'm not complaining!

Edit: Aww poo, only the helmet is both gunner/blademaster. My search for a nice HR bow set continues!

ilium

I apparently already have one.

I'm not complaining!

Edit: Aww poo, only the helmet is both gunner/blademaster. My search for a nice HR bow set continues!

there is a zinogre U gunner set, i'm wearing it! it's really good, you should get it.

also gz on the umbrage! took me 3 days straight farming to get one...

i'm not complaining ._.

edit.
the only thing that can be annoying with Zino U is the Load Up skill, which gives all bows an additional charge level. that's good in some cases, but bad in others when your last charge becomes an arrow type you don't want. which means you can't hold it at max charge and take your time aiming at weakspots. but it's perfect for seregio's bow for example.

PKrockin

Why is the loot for these guild quests so crappy? I'm doing HR guild quests and getting nothing but low rank weapons and armor. Do I have to level it up to level 70 or something?

Oh god that damn beam attack. Wipes everyone if they don't dodge it. I got lucky both times but fuck what a long annoying battle

Can anyone offer assistance <3

Just broke into High Rank in SP today, what's a good armour set to aim for right now? I've still got the Gore set which I upgraded slightly a while back.

Assault

Need some advice

This is my current setup

zlCfzTEJuA0S-mk2uc

zlCfzTEJoDsIbRHUR2

Is Edgemaster a better choice over Atk up L and Sharpness + 1 and what exactly is up with Sergios weapons, read somewhere about regaining sharpness by you dodging?

Edgemaster is Attack up L and Sharpness +1 in 1 skill. You can make a pretty good Edgemaster set with the following:

Gold Rajang Chest
Rusted Kushala Arm
Gold Rajang Waist
Rathalos X Greaves

This gives you Edgemaster, and a lot of slots to work with. Additionally, you can use whichever helmet you like to help add in extra skills. It's what I'm using now. Just note that Gold Rajang is a seriously tough monster and frustrated me a lot when trying to farm him.

Yesterday Monoblos and High Rank Khezu totally destroyed my will in this game. I've beaten them both, but I'm going back to try for the Monoblos set and I'm just getting crushed. It gets really disheartening when you're stomped left and right by things you know you've beaten.

Bah I just have to pick it up and get back at it again, going to make Tetsu to focus my survivability over DPS. Can't let one day ruin it for me, especially since it's my first Monhun.

Assault

Yesterday Monoblos and High Rank Khezu totally destroyed my will in this game. I've beaten them both, but I'm going back to try for the Monoblos set and I'm just getting crushed. It gets really disheartening when you're stomped left and right by things you know you've beaten.

Bah I just have to pick it up and get back at it again, going to make Tetsu to focus my survivability over DPS. Can't let one day ruin it for me, especially since it's my first Monhun.

Don't sweat it, pal. Those are two very annoying fights and will give most people problems. It is possible that your defence is not high enough. Like you've mentioned, Tetsu is a fantastic choice for High Rank and will boost your survivability by a lot, which in turn will make fights much easier.

Beats

Made a G1 room: 00-4080-9448-5419
Pass is 1234.

Not really in a rush to get to G2, so we can do whatever. Hoping to do these Wycoon Advanced Quests though.

ohlawd

eff me, does someone here have G rank (76 or over) Basarios, normal and Ruby guild quests to share?

I got a low rank Kirin to give, that's it

PKrockin

How exactly should you dive out of the beam? Can you dive into it as long as you are supermaning it?

Are you talking about Black Gravios? The superman is invincible until you hit the ground and start getting up again. I haven't tried it without Evasion +1 but you should also be able to roll through the horizontal beam sweep with very good timing.

Gravios is so shitty, I have no idea why it needs 3 subspecies.

Made a room for G-rank Gore guild quest. I'll hang around for about 10 minutes.

13-3101-7624-6388

Pass 1234

Edit: remind me next time I'm on

R0ckman

Is urgent unlocked in the guild by doing specific quest or a certain amount? It seems unless you do a popular monster no one will join your room.

Raide

Is urgent unlocked in the guild by doing specific quest or a certain amount? It seems unless you do a popular monster no one will join your room.

There are key quests you finish to unlock the urgent in the Caravan stuff, so I assume its the same for everything. Check online for a list of the key quests you need, if you want to just progress quickly.

deoee

So as I'm playing with the lance a bit more, I'm curious into getting a Gunlance too.

What skills are a must have?
Which Gunlance type is great for beginners?

Any suggestions?

Hey Hunters!

I've heard good things about this game being the most approachable to a new player, but at the moment I don't have the funds to get a N3DS. Is this passable on the 3DSXL? If so, I'm assuming I'll need to get my hands on a circle pad pro; since the CPP for the 3DSXL was Japan only, will it work on US hardware?

Thanks!

bobohoro

Caravan ramps up signficantly later on. Never had much trouble before, but both the S. Zingore and Frenzy Brachy in 9* just totally wrecked me. Needed 35 minutes, carted twice on both and blew through more potions, powders and other stuff I care to admit. Doesn't help that the Seregios is ever present and seemingly sticks like glue to your target monster, while not really fighting it. It's the first time I really felt that I need to take a break from the game, since the the hour of fighting those two was pretty exhausting stuff.

Hey sounds like me and Seltas Queen last night.

R0ckman

That's just the High Rank version too! lol

I have to farm it for my weapon upgrade. : <

Monsters in general aren't THAT bad unless they get into spam mode. I just think the monster AI could be so much better in this. I think a lock on that keeps you locked on while sheathed would help a lot and take away some of spamming issues. It would make sense too, with your weapon sheathed you have a lot better mobility to keep an eye on the monsters movements, take the weapon out to attack and you lose that ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom