• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

I get the feeling everyone is in a rush to get to the top of G-rank. When I jumped in 3U something like a year after it released I only encountered a handful of people like that over ~100 hours. Everyone was very chill and would take turns posting quests. If someone randomly asked the best way to get X material a lot of people would just offer to help farm it on the spot. It was the best online community I've ever seen in terms of generosity and helpfulness. The more restricted communication and likely higher concentration of kids on 3DS might contribute too.
I played MH3U online 1 month before 4U release, and the general community sure is great. People usually stays even after their urgent done and payback the deed. Though honestly I can't understand why people not doing everyone's urgent, especially when the urgent is a elder dragons. It's easy money as I sit a top 1kk zenny from selling Akantor, Ukanlos, and Dalamadur materials.

Fandangox

UGH JHO! GO HOME MAN D<

1364520806381.jpg

Garou

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I know this is supposed to be the most accessible game in the series, but it still can be very overwhelming to new players.i appreciate the advice.

Also just to make sure: You are eating at the dining-table before every hunt, right?
4th page of Fish + Bread for max defense boost!

Ultrabum

45minutes, one cart and almost my entire item pouch later I solo'd this lvl120 Jho. Every fart of his did between 60 and 80% of my health in my full HR gear. My head hurts.

Anybody happen to need anything from him? I still need one Blackpiel because he only dropped two.

Yeah I need stuff from him, make a room!

Edit not sure if this is you or not.

Dreavus

I just obliterated a Gendrome in one of those dual hunt SP quests, holy shit that felt good.

He wandered in while I was mining and my newest hammer went to work. Stagger > Stun > Mount > Death. I was surprised how quickly he was limping.

Shengar

Trying to finish up Caravan Quests later today. I've got a feeling that many people, even G rank gaffers haven't done that too lol. So many essential stuffs there.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
65-7989-7167-1840

for some HR4 fun. Also, give me a shoutout in the game so I know you're a GAFer bro :)

Parshias7

Earlier today I was trying to find a group to do my HR4 urgent when I came into a room that was doing the High Rank Powderstone delivery quest. I wasn't sure if this unlocked anything interesting or not, but I figured we have to deliver 4 stones, and there are 4 of us here, so this quest should be easy!

Everything started out normal, I do some mining, get a couple Ancient Shards, we capture the Rathalos that spawns during the mission, now all that's left is to deliver the stones.

I'm not sure if perhaps he misread the quest description, but one of the guys drops out shortly after the Rathalos fight ends. The second guy drops as I'm delivering my second stone. I drag my self all the way back down to area 9 to pick up a third stone, figuring that the one person left has been running along the delivery path for a while, so this should be my last run, right? Nope. I guess none of the other people in the room were prepared for handling this kind of quest. So I had to spend the better part of half an hour delivering all four damn stones myself. I would have been better off doing this quest offline, at least then I'd have cats to cover me from the smaller monsters.

But the Desire Sensor looked down upon my toils, and found pity in its heart: a Rathalos Ruby in the capture rewards, and a Worn Spear from the Ancient Shard. (I main Lance) There is justice in this world.

Yrael

I decided to settle on a Great Jaggi HR armour - it'll do for now until I get a better HR set.

Fighting Emerald Congalala reminded me just how much I hate this gross, disgusting monster. It's so foul.

Well it's funny cause I usually have dung bombs but this time I totally forgot em.

That's what item sets are for!

I have two main item sets that contain EVERYTHING I could need... Hot Drink, Cold drink, dung bomb, sonic bomb, flash bomb, etc etc. The only difference between the two is that one has all the mats for BBL's that I can carry, and one doesn't. It forces me to conciously think "Will I need this?" for every quest, since there's no way I can go into a fight with that much shit and not spend 10 minutes cycling through my items, and that way I never forget anything.

LProtag

Alright, I need to get going in high rank and start making some armors.

I'm picking up SnS along with GS, but I have no idea about skills. What's a good HR armor set for SnS?

That's what item sets are for!

I have two main item sets that contain EVERYTHING I could need... Hot Drink, Cold drink, dung bomb, sonic bomb, flash bomb, etc etc. The only difference between the two is that one has all the mats for BBL's that I can carry, and one doesn't. It forces me to conciously think "Will I need this?" for every quest, since there's no way I can go into a fight with that much shit and not spend 10 minutes cycling through my items, and that way I never forget anything.

I forgot that exists. Guess I have some sets to make later.

Highwind

Ah, and so it begins.

The dreaded Mantle farming. This time with G Rank Shagaru.

Which hits like a motherfucker mind you.

Worst case scenario I'll be very rich by the end of this.

Shengar

Alright, I need to get going in high rank and start making some armors.

I'm picking up SnS along with GS, but I have no idea about skills. What's a good HR armor set for SnS?
Bnahabra is pretty good if you want to paralayze or put monster to sleep more than once in single quest. Red Khezu set IIRC have wide-range which is useful as a support set.

Just got pinned in the wall by my team mates.

This Yian Garuga knocked into a wall, and as I was getting up, all 3 of my team mates rushed to my side for whatever reason, so the Yian Garuga just tailed whipped all 4 of us till it got bored. Miraculously no one died.

Being comboed is not fun.

Wanderer5

Going through HR3. Should be just a couple more quests till urgent. I starting using Long Sword more, and I starting to have a lot of fun with it. I probably just stick to Long Sword/Charge Blade for now, maybe a ranged weapon later on.

TI82

Banned
Okay, just got confirmation my package will be dropped off tomorrow with my memory card, screwdriver, etc

I've never played monhun multiplayer so I may just stick to single like I usually do. Are there guilds or how does it work?

R0ckman

Do hammers break horns pretty easy? Need to farm rajang and we could only break one. Doesn't seem right that the horns have more endurance than the monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom