• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jercruz

I think it is not just the fact that many people in the community rushing to G Rank, but also limited UI aspect of the online lobby in MH4U. In MH3U people can easily name their room to their intention. People who want to raise HR can easily avoid Lucent Nargacuga room by looking at the room name alone. This is not the case with MH4U that very limited in its UI. Also I think people have not realized that they can check the room detail before joining by looking at the lower screen, and pressing Y to see what kind of hunters inside. I get this feeling after seeing on more than one occasion where people beg for doing their 6 rank urgent quest in a room that set Dalamadur as it target. It's not your fault for mis-entering the room, but I can understand why they pissed seeding low HR entering their room . As once in my experience, a HR3 hunter entered our Dalamadur farm room. He doesn't do anything, nor any of us or the host to him but it kimda irk me since that mean he blocked a slot for people who actually want to farm Dalamadur.

yes, i do find the online interface in 4U to be restrictive. To be honest, I don't know how to exit a room, I just switch to offline. I do know that Y gives you more info. I'm surprised I still find Tri's online to be better.

Also the room I joined, well, I was better equiped than them lol! Maybe they though I was G-rank and I want to 'lead' them?

But yeah, I'll sit this one out and just solo GH until I reach G-rank (like what I did in 3U). Then I'll join the fun.

Kyzon

Well since I"m finally G rank, can someone help me with these G1 Keys?
Or, if you have a quest with G Rathalos, I'd love to get to breaking those Talonwings of his.

59-1288-8749-1713

Edit: Pass is 1111
lol

Shengar

Nibelsnarf X gunner set skills looks prety cool. I might farmed it to become my first serious HBG set.
Also the room I joined, well, I was better equiped than them lol! Maybe they though I was G-rank and I want to 'lead' them?

But yeah, I'll sit this one out and just solo GH until I reach G-rank (like what I did in 3U). Then I'll join the fun.
This is other problem I found during online: people rarely paid attention to the armor low HR people, instantly assuming that they wearing LR gear, not taking the possibility that they might be deal with Caravan quests first lol

rpmurphy

OK, I've been playing this past week just trying to understand what I need to do. (MH newbie here). I've upgraded my equipment a couple of times, forged new weapons and equipment and all that. I've been doing the quests that pop up and unlocked Expeditions. Did one, killed a Velocidrome(s?) and... what do I do next? I apparently unlocked guild quests?

I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing. The next expedition? The gathering hall quests? Should I be doing those online? Focus on upgrading equipment?I haven't even tried playing online x_x

I think I have a grasp on the MH basics (saw a bunch of vids so I know what to do when weapon loses sharpness, to use paintballs and stuff...) but I'm kinda confused as to how to progress. Still HR1, of course. Read some pages of this thread and the OP but I'm still lost, lol.
Gathering Hall quests are its own thing and you can really do them any time now, but doing the caravan quests is a good way to learn the general flow (and monsters are easier).

You want to upgrade the Wyporium and kitchen, and a lot of those are from caravan quests.

Expeditions add more to the game, but it's not that important at the beginning. Just do first two they throw at you and focus on other things.

Kensuke

My guild quest Deviljho is finally level 136. Now the quest changed and he's apex. Damn, it's not only superhard... Asking randoms if they have wystones is such a chore.

Pineconn

Went online for the first time (since Tri/3U, anyway). Found a 1 star room, quest was to cap a Gypceros. Thought, okay, shouldn't be too hard.

Two minutes into the hunt my pitfall trap was stolen. What the hell? Hunted a few Gypceroses offline and this never happened, and of all items to steal, the only goddamn trap that works against him. Thank god the other guy had a pitfall trap or else we'd have been screwed. Couldn't tell him my woes because of no in-game chat (wtf Capcom).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think the hunter rank is very funny; I was dabbling in some low rank quests and I was duoing something with another guy; 2 people joined into the lobby shortly after the start and they stayed the entire time of our hunt (like 10 odd min or so), probably because of my rank, they thought they could get an easy hunt.

Shengar

I really hated it that Shagaru Magala's tail perfectly blend with the sacred ground terrain. Kiss a good bye to your tail and potential rare carve if you happened to forget or saved it later. You must risk your live carving it and I can imagine the pain when fighting against G rank Shagaru.

Numb

I think the hunter rank is very funny; I was dabbling in some low rank quests and I was duoing something with another guy; 2 people joined into the lobby shortly after the start and they stayed the entire time of our hunt (like 10 odd min or so), probably because of my rank, they thought they could get an easy hunt.

I try to help as many people as possible so that they are not selfish later.
Helped 3 guys finish Dalamadur because i was in the session and they needed it and asked.
Otherwise most people will just use you or just leave whenever they get what they wanted.
It is understandable though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It actually was originally created to be an action game according to the designers. I'm assuming that originally a lot of the things that are called problems by first time critiques were actually truly gameplay problems, but over time they evolved with the series and with fan philosophies, justified to be left untweeked. The popularity in Japan probably made it so these things would not be a major concern to reevaluate.

Really? I'd love to read about the history of this series. I've played on and off since the first PSP release, so I'm curious how they have approached changes and updates.

ohlawd

people are ridiculous with their expectations

four of us do a quest and finish at a reasonable time and there's always that one guy who leaves. I understand they might have something going on in real life or they're done farming but it happens too often for me to write it off as such. I bet they're thinking they could do better with a different lobby. what a load of shit

Is there any skill that fight against this? I get tired of it. Got thrown by Rajang in an online battle and his target lock didn't reset, just lept over and finished me off.

Felyne Riser (food skill) might help with that.

You can also lay on the ground for a while to avoid attacks. I usually do that if a monster is immediately attacking again after knocking me down.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Beat my first Urgent Quest, that freaky masked monkey dude.

Was pretty hard. Even though it's my strongest weapon ATM, the hammer wasn't a good choice. Only carted once though.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I was helping some people do their HR4 urgent when this guy walked in.

OEE4fzR.jpg

He carted twice in 3 minutes and nearly ruined the run until the 3 of us killed it. I tried to explain to him how armor skills worked but as I was typing it out the room crashed.

It's like this game doesn't want me to teach people things.

EDIT: I just looked at the image again and realized HE WAS FULLY GEMMED OH MY GOD WHYYYY

ramyeon

OEE4fzR.jpg

He carted twice in 3 minutes and nearly ruined the run until the 3 of us killed it. I tried to explain to him how armor skills worked but as I was typing it out the room crashed.

EDIT: I just looked at the image again and realized HE WAS FULLY GEMMED OH MY GOD WHYYYY
I've actually seen a LOT of people like this, odd mismatching of armour and fully gemmed but with no skills activated through it. So crazy.

Kensuke

I've actually seen a LOT of people like this, odd mismatching of armour and fully gemmed but with no skills activated through it. So crazy.

They probably don't know skills only activate once it reaches 10 points. They're thinking the skills get stronger with every point in it or something.

Monster Hunter needs to do a better job of explaining this stuff. I've seen people all the way up to G3 with no activated skills.

robox

Haha. Speaking of armour, I'd like recommends on low rank armour. Been usin starter armour up through 4 star caravan quest.

I'd hunt the velicodrome but I haven't been arsed to search through he expeditions

deim0s

Haha. Speaking of armour, I'd like recommends on low rank armour. Been usin starter armour up through 4 star caravan quest.

I'd hunt the velicodrome but I haven't been arsed to search through he expeditions

Go Jaggi or Tetsu or Gore (heh).

Complete quests from the hunter in southern Dundorma to unlock harvest quests. The first is a blue yian kut-ku, I believe.

There are four tours in 7* and four in 8*

Try doing whatever quest the Pro Hunter woman gave you at Dundorma, I want to say she unlocks them after that.

Clear Singin' the Blues and Primal Pests and Desert Delinquents

lol the one quest I haven't done. Thanks guys.

Wanderer5

OEE4fzR.jpg

LOL. Bit glad to have a friend helping me out often about many things in this game including how the armor skills points work and all heh. Don't think I am in the mood to mix match armors for now anyway.

rpmurphy

Lol I've seen those mixed armor sets fully gemmed with no active skills as well. It is a marvel to see. I hope they figure it out at least by the time they get to G rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom