• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unit 33

So, I just unlocked 7* quests, and I decided the sensible thing to do would be to tackle the Dalamadur right away, having no prior knowledge of the thing and well...

I think one player quit when he realised us other three had no idea what we were meant to be doing, however we eventually killed it with no carting to speak of.

I suppose I'd better watch some videos...

Spades

Shiina

Soooooo, I just tried to take on a Tetsucabra and got my ass well and truly handed to me. :(

Tetsu is really one of the easiest monsters in the game. If you're behind it, it can't do anything and if you're to the side of it it can only do that side roll thing, so be mindful of it and don't overcommit.

Spades

Tetsu is really one of the easiest monsters in the game. If you're behind it, it can't do anything and if you're to the side of it it can only do that side roll thing, so be mindful of it and don't overcommit.

Thanks - I think I'm just too much of a noob at the moment to "get" the mechanics, etc.

Ridley327

I really wish this myth about capturing giving you better rewards would die out. Capping gives you DIFFERENT rewards and they're not always better.

You're actually locked out of certain parts on a cap, although it does swing both ways in some instances.

I feel like MH3U did give out a larger amount of parts on a cap, which would color some perceptions. I've felt like MH4U has done a better job of making it more clear that the wealth is spread a bit more between the two.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks - I think I'm just too much of a noob at the moment to "get" the mechanics, etc.

The biggest thing to remember about Monster Hunter is that it's not an action game. Take your time, wait for your openings, remember to dodge, and ALWAYS remember that it's perfectly acceptable to move to a new area to heal/sharpen/eat/get your head together.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I feel like I still suck at timing caigs in a team.

Maybe I should have gone with my zapping gear.

Spades

The biggest thing to remember about Monster Hunter is that it's not an action game. Take your time, wait for your openings, remember to dodge, and ALWAYS remember that it's perfectly acceptable to move to a new area to heal/sharpen/eat/get your head together.

Thanks. On my second attempt now - have been knocked out twice, have gone through 8 Mega Potions, and he shows no visible signs of weakening. He hits me once and I lose approx 70% of my health.

Blitzhex

Anyone else keep geting DC'd from MH servers just now? Everything else works fine on my internet, restarted router a few times aswell.

Airan

Why is crafting items using the 2nd screen panel so freakin' slow? I can hammer out 10 mega pots in about 4 seconds using the traditional menu, but the 2nd screen takes ages to process a craft. So annoying.

Also, Rajang can suck a dick. I need Furious Rajang mats and it's so stressful trying to avoid getting 1shotted D:

[edit] Oh, and the C-nub really can't replace a dedicated stick when it comes to menus. I really loved being able to craft items rapidly while dodging Alatreon attacks using the WiiU gamepad's right stick. Ah well.

The desire to go ham is strong but it's ok to just get one hit in then dodge.

The damage adds up and it's better than not attacking at all because you don't think you can get a full combo off.

Salaadin

This game constantly feels the need to spit out talismans that I will never ever use. I'm still rocking that auto guard one that they give you in tutorials because i literally have nothing better after 80 hours.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This game constantly feels the need to spit out talismans that I will never ever use. I'm still rocking that auto guard one that they give you in tutorials because i literally have nothing better after 80 hours.

I got a Heat Res +10 super early on that I wore for a long time. Helpful to not need to worry about Cool Drinks when you go to the volcano.

magnetic

Failed again.

Make sure to upgrade your armor first. I don't really recall how much damage he did to me the first time I fought him, but 70% of your health sounds way too much.

And remember to be patient, watch his movement and approach him from behind. I found that the great sword was the easiest weapon for him - run up to him, slash, sheate, reposition, rinse and repeat.

And remember that you have a lot of time to beat him, so don't try to rush things. Not getting hit is easily more important than hitting as fast as possible.

VandalD

I'm HR4, wanting to try and rank up. Anyone want to help/join?
ID is 01 7910 7402 4260
pass 1991
Very nice hunts! It was about time I got to HR5. Been putting it off for whatever reason. Nice S&S bombing! I need to put together a bomb set sometime. And make an ice sword. And learn how to Hunting Horn. That stuff's useful.

Very nice hunts! It was about time I got to HR5. Been putting it off for whatever reason. Nice S&S bombing! I need to put together a bomb set sometime. And make an ice sword. And learn how to Hunting Horn. That stuff's useful.

You should see my bombing when there AREN'T other people to be worried about haha. I pretty much just plant bombs continuously until all supplies are dried out.

But yeah very good hunts!

rpmurphy

You should see my bombing when there AREN'T other people to be worried about haha. I pretty much just plant bombs continuously until all supplies are dried out.

But yeah very good hunts!
Had fun, and thanks for helping with the Khezus.

OceanBlue

Is there somewhere where I can find good tips for the Hunting Horn? I'm not very far in single player but I only use the Self Improvement song. Are there certain songs people prefer over others in multiplayer? Can I stack songs on each other? Are there things I shouldn't be doing?

Anura

Is there somewhere where I can find good tips for the Hunting Horn? I'm not very far in single player but I only use the Self Improvement song. Are there certain songs people prefer over others in multiplayer? Can I stack songs on each other? Are there things I shouldn't be doing?

Most people online like the Attack up, earplugs, and especially the stamina songs. All different songs stack and the same song skills will stack slightly to get a stronger effect. I don't know how to use the HH so I can't help you with that last one lol

Spades

What weapon are you using?

Large Bone (Attack: 264).

Failed for the third time. Getting pissed off now as I'm trying to do what people have said, keep back; time my attacks; retreat; heal; sharpen; but then every time I get hit, I'm half dead.

If this is what Monster Hunter is about, then perhaps it's not the game for me. :(

I don't mind a challenge, but right now it feels like it's very unbalanced and nothing I do seems to work.

OceanBlue

Most people online like the Attack up, earplugs, and especially the stamina songs. All different songs stack and the same song skills will stack slightly to get a stronger effect. I don't know how to use the HH so I can't help you with that last one lol

Just knowing they stack helps a lot. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom