• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkay

Coolio. Thanks. From what I've seen online, people seem to prefer to use the Insect Glade, the Blade and Shield or the Long Sword. I just didn't want to make the game that much more difficult for myself as it's my first time actually playing a Monster Hunter.
Then you might wanna pick a weapon that can cut tails so you don't necessarily need to learn another weapon just for cutting (not that that's really difficult, but it probably helps to focus on one weapon at first)

VandalD

Okay, just got confirmation my package will be dropped off tomorrow with my memory card, screwdriver, etc

I've never played monhun multiplayer so I may just stick to single like I usually do. Are there guilds or how does it work?
It's pretty basic. Someone goes online in their gathering hall, then they either wait for randoms to join or do stuff like post here with the gathering hall code for people to find that specific room. Four players per room. No guilds. You can see and easily join 3DS friends you see online, though you can't see what kind of room (high rank, low rank, hunting a specific monster, etc) they're in before you try to join, which is a bit disappointing.

jercruz

Finished 'all' caravan quests. But 'all' I mean, 6 star and 10 star are checked in silver.

I have mono set and upgraded Sergy GS.

I'm also surprise that i'm getting talisman that I consider G-rank types (Tenderizer+4 ooo, Evasion+4 o).

I'm only HR2 and went online.... wow, everyone's g-rank now! first room i joined to test online in MH4U.... told me to fuck off. Awesome, offline it is.

Just played MH3U online instead. First room I entered warmly welcomed me. :S

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Attack Up + Bombardier on my Artillery God rapid crag shots

RIP Seltas Queen

Gunner is either horribly underpowered or horribly overpowered depending on how necessary mobility is in the fight. From the visuals, it looks like Bombardier adds a second explosion, which would be a sensible upgrade for the usual one at a time with reload between each, but when it's 3 at a time with two shots before reload? That x2 is a huge upgrade.

wiibomb

I'm trying to finish all HR5 quests now if anyone wants to help me, no one seems to want to help online...

05-7939-8359-0269

VandalD

I'm only HR2 and went online.... wow, everyone's g-rank now! first room i joined to test online in MH4U.... told me to fuck off. Awesome, offline it is.

I'm sure you'd have a better experience if you played with folks setting up rooms in this thread. It's been fun every time I've dropped in on someone around or under my HR.

Just got pinned in the wall by my team mates.

This Yian Garuga knocked into a wall, and as I was getting up, all 3 of my team mates rushed to my side for whatever reason, so the Yian Garuga just tailed whipped all 4 of us till it got bored. Miraculously no one died.

Being comboed is not fun.

I remember Gigginox in Tri could kill you in one combo at max health.

Highwind

Just finished one of the 4 Rare Kinsects with Kinsect Attack and Stamina Up (L), Extract Efficacy Up (S) and Extract Extend & Affinity Up. The Glaive is Shagaru. :)

The bug looks ugly as sin though but what can you do I guess.

I'll probably be farming Chameleos next and getting his armour set. Saw one today with really nice skills.

Shengar

I think it is not just the fact that many people in the community rushing to G Rank, but also limited UI aspect of the online lobby in MH4U. In MH3U people can easily name their room to their intention. People who want to raise HR can easily avoid Lucent Nargacuga room by looking at the room name alone. This is not the case with MH4U that very limited in its UI. Also I think people have not realized that they can check the room detail before joining by looking at the lower screen, and pressing Y to see what kind of hunters inside. I get this feeling after seeing on more than one occasion where people beg for doing their 6 rank urgent quest in a room that set Dalamadur as it target. It's not your fault for mis-entering the room, but I can understand why they pissed seeding low HR entering their room . As once in my experience, a HR3 hunter entered our Dalamadur farm room. He doesn't do anything, nor any of us or the host to him but it kimda irk me since that mean he blocked a slot for people who actually want to farm Dalamadur.

Dice

Is there any skill that fight against this? I get tired of it.
Felyne Acrobat - Decreases the time it takes to get back up when knocked over.
Grain + Drink, Stew

Or Fry it for...
Felyne Moxie - Prevents fainting one time when damage taken exceeds your remaining Health.

Either of them can show up randomly under Daily Skills if you don't have Drink yet.

Useful: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4:_Kitchen_Skills

Cerity

Went with gamechanger for laughs, jho did actually appear and proceeded to wreck our shit.

SQCEQHe.jpg

What unlocks wystones? I've been seeing several players with them, yet I don't know what mission unlocks those.

You'll get them at a certain point in caravan quests.

Shengar

Is the issue with Dalamadur that people don't know how to fight him?
Yeah, and of course people panicked when it use its lazor beam attack. If people know how to fight it, Dalamadur quest isn't no more than Dalamadur or How I Stopped Worrying About The Lazer Beam and Love The Superman Dive.

Scher

What unlocks wystones? I've been seeing several players with them, yet I don't know what mission unlocks those.

You unlock them as part of the single player campaign. If I remember correctly, you should receive them from one of the 9* quests (Stygian Zinogre, I think).

Dice

Someone needs to explain to Genprey and all their cousins that they are the least important creatures in the world.

Kinsei

Banned
I really hate how you need to level 10 of these stupid cats up to 20 in order to complete the guild card. I've lost count of the amount of times I've dodged right into an attack because the monster was targeting one of the fleabags.

Dice

I really hate how you need to level 10 of these stupid cats up to 20 in order to complete the guild card. I've lost count of the amount of times I've dodged right into an attack because the monster was targeting one of the fleabags.
Haha, IKR? When I play LS I often miss attacks because the monster is fighting me and I think I know what the monster will do in relation to me, but then it suddenly changes it's mind and goes for a cat instead, then right after I have missed and still recovering from the swing, it hits me. I've wondered if their healing abilities only make up for how much damage I take with them making the monster unpredictable.

Kinsei

Banned
Haha, IKR? When I play LS I often miss attacks because the monster is fighting me and I think I know what the monster will do in relation to me, but then it suddenly changes it's mind and goes for a cat instead, then right after I have missed and still recovering from the swing, it hits me. I've wondered if their healing abilities only make up for how much damage I take with them making the monster unpredictable.

Uh-huh. I'm glad I'm almost done with them (I currently have 7 at 20 and 1 at 19).

Wolfe

403 Raw + 380 Element vs 620 raw against a monster weak to the element, Insect Glaive if needed, which one would o more overall damage?

Assuming you're hitting their weak points, elemental every time I believe.

Edit: anyone have a room going? I'm only HR5 but just thought I'd check before jumping in online with randoms.

Cerity

403 Raw + 380 Element vs 620 raw against a monster weak to the element, Insect Glaive if needed, which one would o more overall damage?

Elemental would give a slightly higher baseline.

Assuming you're hitting a spot with 30% elemental effectiveness (usually head or something), 50% physical effectiveness and assuming green sharpness.

Your pure raw weapon will do 15-30 damage a hit depending on what attack you use.

Your elemental will do between 21.5 - 30.9 per hit.

The raw will edge out if you're able to consistently pull off your juice gathering.

Prototype

Time to mantle up and get my first official G Rank set. 1 more to go.

What's funny, is that I don't even really want the set that bad. I'm so used to playing without earplugs at this point I feel like I'll miss AuXL more.

K, i'm pretty sure I'm dumb.

It IS possible to edit the items in your menu if you have the item shortcut things, right? Right now I have Whetstone and Paintball I want to move out of there but I can't figure out how to change them around.

EDIT: disregard me, im a dummy. There was an edit thing right in the options lel.

Then you might wanna pick a weapon that can cut tails so you don't necessarily need to learn another weapon just for cutting (not that that's really difficult, but it probably helps to focus on one weapon at first)

I can't do it with Dual Blades? I guess that explains why I didn't seem to cut the G. Jaggi's tail when I was fighting him.

OK, I've been playing this past week just trying to understand what I need to do. (MH newbie here). I've upgraded my equipment a couple of times, forged new weapons and equipment and all that. I've been doing the quests that pop up and unlocked Expeditions. Did one, killed a Velocidrome(s?) and... what do I do next? I apparently unlocked guild quests?

I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing. The next expedition? The gathering hall quests? Should I be doing those online? Focus on upgrading equipment?I haven't even tried playing online x_x

I think I have a grasp on the MH basics (saw a bunch of vids so I know what to do when weapon loses sharpness, to use paintballs and stuff...) but I'm kinda confused as to how to progress. Still HR1, of course. Read some pages of this thread and the OP but I'm still lost, lol.

I can't do it with Dual Blades? I guess that explains why I didn't seem to cut the G. Jaggi's tail when I was fighting him.

I don't think you can cut the G. Jaggi's tail. Dual Blades can cut tails off, though I have found it to be annoying on taller enemies since the only thing that really hits vertical is A A in Demon and Archdemon (those upward swipes). It's annoying since the taller enemies tails are way above you and the reach of DB is short, you usually have to try to trip them a bit or knock them down with a mount to really do some good damage on a tail with it.

Kinsei

Banned
OK, I've been playing this past week just trying to understand what I need to do. (MH newbie here). I've upgraded my equipment a couple of times, forged new weapons and equipment and all that. I've been doing the quests that pop up and unlocked Expeditions. Did one, killed a Velocidrome(s?) and... what do I do next? I apparently unlocked guild quests?

I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing. The next expedition? The gathering hall quests? Should I be doing those online? Focus on upgrading equipment?I haven't even tried playing online x_x

I think I have a grasp on the MH basics (saw a bunch of vids so I know what to do when weapon loses sharpness, to use paintballs and stuff...) but I'm kinda confused as to how to progress. Still HR1, of course. Read some pages of this thread and the OP but I'm still lost, lol.

Do another expedition to unlock the urgent to reach the 3* quests.

Dual blades can cut tails, I just meant in general, and you can't cut off g jaggi's tail

I don't think you can cut the G. Jaggi's tail. Dual Blades can cut tails off, though I have found it to be annoying on taller enemies since the only thing that really hits vertical is A A in Demon and Archdemon (those upward swipes). It's annoying since the taller enemies tails are way above you and the reach of DB is short, you usually have to try to trip them a bit or knock them down with a mount to really do some good damage on a tail with it.

Oooh. For whatever reason the tail looked like it could be cut. Like it almost had a slightly different texture than the rest of it's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom