• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
I see DLC is releasing every first Friday of every month.

6th March brings Link armor and weapons and some new quest lines.

Reallllyyyy need to get this game asap.

jaosobno

not necessarily. Some of the bug evolutions require a little power and or stamina to upgrade so since you dumped some nectar into power you'll have more choices for bug evolutions later.

The wycoon sells nectar but its one type. The type changes every time you complete a quest. So one time he might be selling ice+ then after completing another quest he might be selling power+ etc etc. just wait till you see him selling speed nectar and buy a lot of it. I did that and now I have about 300 speed nectars

Later in the game you can farm nectar too but it's not until 8* and 9* iirc

Thanks!

Didn't know I can buy them from someone. I still haven't been to gathering hall, is there where I can find Wycoon?

From where can I farm nectar later? From monsters or can I just gather it from something?

Thanks!

Didn't know I can buy them from someone. I still haven't been to gathering hall, is there where I can find Wycoon?

From where can I farm nectar later? From monsters or can I just gather it from something?
The wycoon is the old traveling mechant in the group. He should always be somewhere in the main hub. He sells them for caravan points not actually money

You farm items(ex you give him one honey and he multiplies it for you) using the wycoon as well. Later in the game he gives you a quests to unlock more materials for trade(he'll do this a lot throughout the game but its not until around 8 star village quests that he lets you farm nectar) and it basically allows you to farm nectar

Raide

Thanks!

You unlock him for your Caravan and then he steadily upgrades with more things. You can buy a few items for Caravan Points, as well as swap items for other things.

I found most of the nectar bits playing Expeditions.

Anyone know where I can look up at all the kinsect trees? I see that when you upgrade a glaive you have a choice in what the bug's skills are but I can't seem to find a tree online. Glaives are pretty straight forward since they don't branch out but the bugs are another thing.

Decided to go after the Seregios guest monster in the Azure quest yeah? 1 cart and 29 seconds left but got the duo. Would have preferred to have killed Seregios but no time for that xD. Oh and I got the 2nd ruby I needed so I can make that armor.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've noticed a complete switch from how I approached single player hunts ever since I got my Rare 10 weapon. I go for complete offense in buffs and screw dungbombing; I'll just wreck it if it comes over. Hopefully this doesn't stay with me when I resume G3.

Spades

Also just to make sure: You are eating at the dining-table before every hunt, right?
4th page of Fish + Bread for max defense boost!

I'm not. I'm literally figuring this stuff out as I go along - thanks for the heads up! I think I need to do a few hunts with other people so I can see how they prepare, then attack, etc. If anyone can put up with a novice doing everything wrong, let's hunt! ;)

I'm excited about the fact that the next handheld from Nintendo should have decent tech. Which means that MH will have finally get out of ps2-wii era graphics. Mind you, I do find MH4U to be a pretty game, especially on an n3ds.

I doubt this. It's more about the amount of content holding back then the hardware it runs on. Only time will tell though.

jaosobno

The wycoon is the old traveling mechant in the group. He should always be somewhere in the main hub. He sells them for caravan points not actually money

You farm items(ex you give him one honey and he multiplies it for you) using the wycoon as well. Later in the game he gives you a quests to unlock more materials for trade(he'll do this a lot throughout the game but its not until around 8 star village quests that he lets you farm nectar) and it basically allows you to farm nectar

You unlock him for your Caravan and then he steadily upgrades with more things. You can buy a few items for Caravan Points, as well as swap items for other things.

I found most of the nectar bits playing Expeditions.

Great, thank for the info! Two more questions. If I change IG, does the bug stay the same, or do I get a different bug with every new IG I forge?

Also, what's the best upgrade path for IG?

Can't get the Stygian Zinogre + Brachydios G2 quest done. Both these dudes specialize in, "Oh, you thought you were doing good, huh? Well, NOW YOU'RE DEAD" type of shit. 2 times in a row we've taken down 1 of them and then as the fight with the second one starts they double/triple cart everyone.

I just wanna get to G3

HawthorneKitty

Can't get the Stygian Zinogre + Brachydios G2 quest done. Both these dudes specialize in, "Oh, you thought you were doing good, huh? Well, NOW YOU'RE DEAD" type of shit. 2 times in a row we've taken down 1 of them and then as the fight with the second one starts they double/triple cart everyone.

I just wanna get to G3
Tell everyone to bring both traps?

Wolfe

Yeah randoms, love those guys. Do the HR5 urgent for at least 5 others over the last few days but when I try to do it? End up having to help someone farm Gore S for 4 kills before we can attempt it and then they all die to the laser even though I told them to bring FR.

Another attempt? Heck no "oh man I can do this on single player but this one is too hard"

... really?

My other favorite part of that lobby was telling the same dude that I have full Gore S but wear a mix of LR and HR for +1 sharpness. His response? "You don't have full Gore S, I'm looking at your stats now."

Anura

Yeah randoms, love those guys. Do the HR5 urgent for at least 5 others over the last few days but when I try to do it? End up having to help someone farm Gore S for 4 kills before we can attempt it and then they all die to the laser even though I told them to bring FR.

Another attempt? Heck no "oh man I can do this on single player but this one is too hard"

... really?

My other favorite part of that lobby was telling the same dude that I have full Gore S but wear a mix of LR and HR for +1 sharpness. His response? "You don't have full Gore S, I'm looking at your stats now."

And on that note, anyone awake and up for lending me a hand with HR5 urgent? Lol I won't die to the laser I swear :(

I have time for one!

Wolfe

Lol I was gonna give up for tonight since after I asked I figured there likely wouldn't be many people around at this hour.

I appreciate the offer though, thanks :)

Bastos

Guys I have a few questions if you don't mind:
1. How is the damage, health, etc from monsters calculated when playing Guild Quests? Does the game always consider that 4 players are present?

2. Is this god damn Pink Rathian really annoying like this or is it just because I'm playing with just one friend(2 ppl in the room)?

3. What should I aim for when using Hammers? Raw damage? What skills? What's a good Hammer to create in High Rank? Should I worry about affinity when using Hammers?

Cob32

Golden rajang is easily the hardest monster in this version for me. Took me 20mins to beat the bad hair day quest.

Something has to be up. I was never this lucky in MH3U. Right after getting an S.Zin Skymerald I stuck around with the group I beat when they did Diablos. 2 freaking hard horns! Large Wyvern Gem too. Not even farming. I did the Zinogre key fucking around earlier and got a Skymerald from that too. Yesterday I got 2 Gore mantles in 3 fights and 5 Nyctgems. Shit is straight crazy mane.

These 2% drops can't be 2% anymore. I don't believe it.

Something has to be up. I was never this lucky in MH3U. Right after getting an S.Zin Skymerald I stuck around with the group I beat when they did Diablos. 2 freaking hard horns! Large Wyvern Gem too. Not even farming. I did the Zinogre key fucking around earlier and got a Skymerald from that too. Yesterday I got 2 Gore mantles in 3 fights and 5 Nyctgems. Shit is straight crazy mane.

Do you need them? If not, desire sensor.

Guys I have a few questions if you don't mind:

don't know what you mean by annoying exactlty, but P rathian is a annoying no matter who you bring with you. First learn that his bite sweeps his left (so run left to his right side) and his tail swipe sweeps his right (so run right to his left side)
Do you need them? If not, desire sensor.

now more accurate than ever thans to the n3ds improvments

Shengar

I play MH3U blind. Only looking at armory when I need a new armor, see how they looked like but never actually see the material. I never farmed a monster past twenty in number and I got Rath Soul, Lagiacrus U, and Helios X with two fully upgraded Miralis weapon.
For MH4U, I spoiled myself by looking at Kiranico armory and Ping's dex. Look where am I know, 20 Rathalos and only one ruby.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just beat Shagaru Magala

Holy shit what a fight. Soooooo much better than cedaeus.

Kensuke

Apex Deviljho is impossible. He's already very tough, but it seems like no one has wystones. I guess I'm grinding the Chameleos guild quest instead.

HawthorneKitty

I don't get why I've lost twice to Gog now; his attacks are easy to dodge (only with Reegios?) and the fight is simple; why do people keep dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom