• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrankT

Why nobody does send me their guildcard. :(
I send mine to everyone in the guild hall after greetings, is it bad form maybe? I want tons of mindless minions to send out doing quests for me, my guild hall feels so empty sigh.

I assume most people have no clue what it is or how to send the cards out. I didn't start sending them until a day or so ago, and I'm at HR 7.

Anyone else try to get every maxed version of a weapon from their preferred weapon choice? In MH2 - MH3U, thats how I was with the long sword and now am trying to do so with the Charge Blade.

Yep. I end up with huge inventories of weapons. Fairly useful though, since I tend to swap equipment to exploit elemental and status weaknesses, and it's nice to have the proper tool for every monster.

wiibomb

Why nobody does send me their guildcard. :(
I send mine to everyone in the guild hall after greetings, is it bad form maybe? I want tons of mindless minions to send out doing quests for me, my guild hall feels so empty sigh.

may be because in G those guild cards get erased since the low ranked minions won't do any good on a G quest..

or may be because there was a 100 guild card limit.. or was it for friends only..? I forget

Raide

Finally upgraded my Scylla Fist into version II. I really prefer power shot bows. They just feel damn good. Might farm some Rathalos later and get his power bow.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wish I could tell my cats to play their damn horns when a monster is down so that I can focus on doing damage instead of healing myself, only for them to play their horns while I'm full health and could use them as a distraction or right after the beast dies.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm HR6 yay (solo'd the urgent)! I don;t know how it took me this long to notice but if you break the back of Gravios and Black Gravios they can't do their explosive gas during a beam.

I suddenly can't connect to any lobby..keep getting DC'd. Anyone else?

They're doing server maintenance today.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Beat Shagaru Magala first time no carts. Highlight of the battle was crafting more pellet shots while peeking though the menus to continue running away from it/fire. Felt pretty godlike.

tuffy

You don't. G rank Dah'ren is caravan only (at least for now if there is an event quest to hunt one).
Kiranico does list a couple of unnamed 10 star event Dah'rens. I presumed one of those would be a G rank one, like how the G rank Jhen Mohran was an event quest in 3 Ultimate.

ohlawd

Fought S. Zinogre around 20 times yesterday making it's armor and at the end of it I was still having fun hunting it. One of my favorite fights in the game. Just wish Nargacuga was in this one as well.

oh I hate Stygian now. regular Zin is still cool

I wish the Nargas were back. love fighting Lucent.

wiibomb

guys just a heads up, the game servers will be in maintenance today (nobody know exactly at what hour) and you will not be able to play online meanwhile

Mupod

Beat Shagaru Magala first time no carts. Highlight of the battle was crafting more pellet shots while peeking though the menus to continue running away from it/fire. Felt pretty godlike.

I really wish I could just put a big fat 'CRAFT MORE NORMAL 2' button on my bottom screen. I know you can sort of do this with the crafting shortcut menu but you need to tab through page after page to get to it, and you lose everything else on the bottom screen when it's open. And it only makes one at a time, way faster to just duck out of the zone and quickly hold down the combine button in the regular inventory.

G3 and it feels so good.

Think it's time to stop and do a couple dozen mining runs and build up a nice variety of charms.
I've been mining constantly after getting a charmer +9 talisman. Since I can't be bothered to do arena, I'm running with Torso up x 3, leather s gloves and chest. My skills: speed gather, charmer +2, and gathering God. Then I just run the G2 s. Zinogre hunt repeatedly with felyne explorer and end via subquest. I now have 700k zenny without selling anything other than extra ancient shard weapons. Best talisman yet is a handicraft +4, which isn't great.

Only done 6 runs though.

I really wish I could just put a big fat 'CRAFT MORE NORMAL 2' button on my bottom screen. I know you can sort of do this with the crafting shortcut menu but you need to tab through page after page to get to it, and you lose everything else on the bottom screen when it's open. And it only makes one at a time, way faster to just duck out of the zone and quickly hold down the combine button in the regular inventory.
Can't you sort the list just like in 3U though? Then just hold on the touchscreen to keep making them.

Pbae

Gore Armor reminds me of Macho Man Randy Savage.

Changed the pigment to yellow but wish I could turn the entire armor yellow...

Mupod

Can't you sort the list just like in 3U though? Then just hold on the touchscreen to keep making them.

I have no idea, couldn't find anything like that. My main problem is the speed when holding it down is nowhere near as fast as the regular menu. It's fine when making potions/bombs but not when crafting 50+ ammo in one shot.

jorgejjvr

I really want sharpness +1, sorry for asking but I'm not exactly sure how you get it, is it by equipment? Decorations? Best way to get it/

Conezays

So I'm trying to jump into this game while I'm finishing Majora's, Lol. How many intro quests are there before things really get going? Have done a couple so far, making food/potions, etc.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I got it on Rathalos Soul Armor

Rathalos soul armor has razor sharp (sharpness+10) he's talking about sharpness+1 (handicraft+10)

Slightly confusing thing. You can get sharpness +1 by using decorations and a good talisman mixed with some sets, I don't think there is a single set that comes with sharp+1 as a baked in skill

Kinsei

Banned
I really want sharpness +1, sorry for asking but I'm not exactly sure how you get it, is it by equipment? Decorations? Best way to get it/

It's an armor skill. In order to make the good gems for it you need Deviljho gems and large wyvern gems so you're better off making an armor set that comes with it/very close to it. The skill is called artisan.

So I'm trying to jump into this game while I'm finishing Majora's, Lol. How many intro quests are there before things really get going? Have done a couple so far, making food/potions, etc.

You have a few quests where you fight small monsters and then you'll be on to the big stuff.

ohlawd

that's a relief. never ended by subquest before

has anyone ever been in a lobby where someone ends by SQ even when the quest is going well?

LProtag

I have fought S.Zinogre maybe 15 times trying to get an umbrage to make his armor.

I fought A.Rathalos twice, and on my second time I got 3 rubies...

Kinsei

Banned
that's a relief. never ended by subquest before

has anyone ever been in a lobby where someone ends by SQ even when the quest is going well?

Not in this game, but it happened all the time in Tri against Diablos. People always used to end via subquest without clearing it with the group first. I imagine the same thing will happen here too when people start to realize they need hardhorns.

Conezays

It's an armor skill. In order to make the good gems for it you need Deviljho gems and large wyvern gems so you're better off making an armor set that comes with it/very close to it. The skill is called artisan.

You have a few quests where you fight small monsters and then you'll be on to the big stuff.

Cheers, thanks. Am I going to be totally lost with stat stuff later on? Seems you guys are talking about it fairly in-depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom