• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know how long the server maintenance will be?

bobohoro

I'm HR6 yay (solo'd the urgent)! I don;t know how it took me this long to notice but if you break the back of Gravios and Black Gravios they can't do their explosive gas during a beam.

I always thought you were farther along than that. If you want someone to do some HR6 keys and maybe the urgent in the next 5-6 hours, I'd be in. If server maintenance is over by then, that is.

Mupod

Cheers, thanks. Am I going to be totally lost with stat stuff later on? Seems you guys are talking about it fairly in-depth.

you can get pretty in-depth with this shit but even at the most ridiculous it's as difficult as downloading a program and just making what it says to.

You can always get by just making full armor sets and putting in a few decorations to get rid of the negative skills. Making mismatched sets can result in some very powerful armor skill combinations but is never necessary.

lyrick

Anyone know how long the server maintenance will be?

Maintenance Information
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status_interim.jsp said:
From Monday, March 2, 2015 12:30 PM
- Monday, March 2, 2015 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services:
Wii U
- Online Play, Rankings, etc.
Nintendo 3DS
- Online Play, Rankings, etc.

*During the extended maintenance, parts of the affected services
may be intermittently unavailable.

Netto-kun

FINALLY broke both horns on the caravan G rank insane Golden Rajang in 4G so I could make its waist part and get Honed Blade with Bombardier, Evasion+1 and Guard+1. Now I just need grab more Strong/Divine Armor Spheres in 4G and fight that stupid SSJ2 again whenever I hit G rank in 4U. |||OTL

EDIT: I meant Artillery Novice and NOT Bombardier. I am obviously still bad at memorizing the English MH skill names.

hscd5zP.jpg
3RYkpsV.jpg
jJb9oTc.jpg

Conezays

you can get pretty in-depth with this shit but even at the most ridiculous it's as difficult as downloading a program and just making what it says to.

You can always get by just making full armor sets and putting in a few decorations to get rid of the negative skills. Making mismatched sets can result in some very powerful armor skill combinations but is never necessary.

Nice. Might have to give that a look later on. Thanks!

Beat Shagaru Magala first time no carts. Highlight of the battle was crafting more pellet shots while peeking though the menus to continue running away from it/fire. Felt pretty godlike.
And but a few days ago you were ready to give up on the game after getting wrung out by Gore Magala

Meesh

Just an off hand comment here, but I've been looking for an extra copy of Monster Hunter for my brother as a gift and can't seem to come up with any...nothing locally, nothing in province, heck probably nothing in Canada period! Either this is the most popular MH to date, or someone shit the bed with shipments!( Incidentally, can't come up with New 3DS's either.) Hoping MH is reaching new popularity heights, and good for Cappy, but I'm trying to spread a little MH love here!

Card Boy

Banned
I legit saw someone last night at HR5 with diffrent pieces of armour and 10 armour skills scatted across the board with no active skills.

How is this even possible?

Shiina

FINALLY broke both horns on the caravan G rank insane Golden Rajang in 4G so I could make its waist part and get Honed Blade with Bombardier, Evasion+1 and Guard+1. Now I just need grab more Strong/Divine Armor Spheres in 4G and fight that stupid SSJ2 again whenever I hit G rank in 4U. |||OTL

Do you have to break both of them to trigger the Break Horn condition?

tuffy

Either this is the most popular MH to date, or someone shit the bed with shipments!
Why not both?

I think a lot of folks underestimated demand, actually. There's not enough carts to go around. There's no quick Wii U up-port this time. There's not even a game guide to sell to players like 3 Ultimate got. Missed opportunities all around.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The Cavaneer Challenge.

That one with the Golden Rajang and Frenzied Zinogre at the same time.

The Caravaneer's Challenge (6* quest). In order to unlock it you need to do every single quest from 1* to 6*.

Is there an HR requirement to unlock it? Because I have every 1-6 star quest done and I've only been allowed to do the rajang urgent, which I cleared but then it didn't unlock anything else.

I'm HR7 by the way.

Valus

The Caravaneer's Challenge (6* quest). In order to unlock it you need to do every single quest from 1* to 6*.

I unlocked this quest yesterday but didn't try it out yet. Is this the Mark of the Hero version of MH4U? As in they are all G-Rank monsters?

Is there an HR requirement to unlock it? Because I have every 1-6 star quest done and I've only been allowed to do the rajang urgent, which I cleared but then it didn't unlock anything else.

I'm HR7 by the way.

Pretty sure that with HR7 you can do all 1-6 stars caravan quests. Check all the villages for people that can give quests.

In Cathar check the Guru cave since the map doesnt indicate that he has a yellow baloon.

Meesh

Why not both?

I think a lot of folks underestimated demand, actually. There's not enough carts to go around. There's no quick Wii U up-port this time. There's not even a game guide to sell to players like 3 Ultimate got. Missed opportunities all around.
...so far I've bought 4 copies and I'd still dip for a WiiU port, I'd gladly pay for a strategy guide if only fir the art/pics alone and collectibility factor. MH4 and G was tensely popular in Japan but I guess there was no way to know how NA would receive it this time around, too bad. I agree, missed opportunities abound this time.

Netto-kun

Do you have to break both of them to trigger the Break Horn condition?
According to giant MH4G guide book, yes. It shouldn't be too bad if you are doing the G3 Golden Rajang with other people though. Just put down shockwave traps or mount it and then break off its horns.

Kinsei

Banned
I unlocked this quest yesterday but didn't try it out yet. Is this the Mark of the Hero version of MH4U? As in they are all G-Rank monsters?

It's this games Final Invitation so they're all high rank. This games Mark of a Hero/Monster Hunter is a quest against Apex Seregios, Apex Diablos, and Apex Deviljho (all G rank) in the arena.

Lorcain

This is my first time playing any of the MH games and MH4U sucked me in quickly. There's just so much to do and try.

I've been enjoying bashing monsters silly with the hunting horn. The songs are easy to execute, and I love that they're incorporated into the attacks. I've f'd up monsters with a well timed recital + encore, which surprised at me first because I didn't expect my hunter to swing the horn around during the actual song.

I started with the gunlance, which was difficult for me at first because I wanted to roll around and evade instead of tank monsters. I'm feeling better about it now. I like mixing up lance attacks and shelling. It's a rewarding feeling to pull off a direct hit full blast attack, or a face full of wyvern fire.

The charged blade is badass. I figured out how to reliably transfer a full stack to the shield, and then charge up the phials again for even more fun. And that charged blade shield attack makes me feel good. All of the weapon animations I've seen have been great.

I wish I would've jumped into the MH series sooner.

upandaway

Started playing today, just finished all the tutorial quests and made me some leather armor. Like with 3U I'll try staying with level 1 armor, no companions and no mega potions for LR, so that'll be fun.

Loving every second, feels so good being back hunting

Mupod

Started playing today, just finished all the tutorial quests and made me some leather armor. Like with 3U I'll try staying with level 1 armor, no companions and no mega potions for LR, so that'll be fun.

Loving every second, feels so good being back hunting

You might be in for a surprise when Velocidrome smacks you for half your hp. This game doesn't give you the free defense you got in P3rd/3U. It's doable of course, but you're in for some hurting.

upandaway

You might be in for a surprise when Velocidrome smacks you for half your hp. This game doesn't give you the free defense you got in P3rd/3U. It's doable of course, but you're in for some hurting.
Yeah sounds good to me. I ended up keeping the challenge until the latter half of HR in 3U, so I'll at least give this a try. I did hear 4U is a lot harder.

The difficulty kind of drops to nothing when I hit multiplayer anyway (still just as fun though) so I want to make the best of it when I'm still doing solo.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah sounds good to me. I ended up keeping the challenge until the latter half of HR in 3U, so I'll at least give this a try. I did hear 4U is a lot harder.

The difficulty kind of drops to nothing when I hit multiplayer anyway (still just as fun though) so I want to make the best of it when I'm still doing solo.

If you ever get a hankering for challenge you can just solo some multiplayer quests. It doesn't have to completely die once you finish the caravan quests. There's also G rank single player quests this time around.

Vuze

Ah well, servers down here as well now. What a depressing evening in terms of progress lol. Tried to clear the required quests for the S-rank badge, fucking Kecha kept trolling a buddy and me by swinging around so we missed the top tier times by about five seconds. We gave up after 10 runs, bad luck I tell ya. Also tried to use the glaive to get him down but sharpness goes down way too fast and the Kinsect is slow as hell.

Buuuuuut, S-Rank Kut-Ku for me and S-Rank Pink and Azure for him. I'm missing Kecha, Zin Sub, Tig Sub and Zamtrios for the cheevo ugh

Did they remove the food skill that guarantees you'll start in the secret area (Felyne Explorer, I think it was called) or do you have to advance further in the game to unlock it? I just reached the 7* caravan quests.

Also, what am I doing wrong with the Gore Magala Feeler? I've been breaking his head, but I'm not getting the subquest notification. Am I hitting the wrong part?

wiibomb

Did they remove the food skill that guarantees you'll start in the secret area (Felyne Explorer, I think it was called) or do you have to advance further in the game to unlock it? I just reached the 7* caravan quests.

Also, what am I doing wrong with the Gore Magala Feeler? I've been breaking his head, but I'm not getting the subquest notification. Am I hitting the wrong part?

about the first, the skill is still in, I've gotten it a couple of times..

about the feelers, you need to break the horns, not the head, and the horns are only exposed when it is enraged, I usually advice to get a pitfall trap and hit the horns while trapped

Mupod

It's definitely still in, but you can't 'guarantee' it until you unlock drinks. Those are unlocked in the gathering hall.

You need to break his head in rage mode. Possibly twice?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

You have to make sure both horns are broken. Felyne explorer is still in the game it's Fish + Drink so you have to make sure you've unlocked the drinks which I think you unlock a bit later in the game.

Dreavus

Just an off hand comment here, but I've been looking for an extra copy of Monster Hunter for my brother as a gift and can't seem to come up with any...nothing locally, nothing in province, heck probably nothing in Canada period! Either this is the most popular MH to date, or someone shit the bed with shipments!( Incidentally, can't come up with New 3DS's either.) Hoping MH is reaching new popularity heights, and good for Cappy, but I'm trying to spread a little MH love here!

I was having trouble finding one in the Vancouver area. Everyone was seemingly out except for one lonely EBgames. The big stores said they only got around 3 copies each, which sounds more like a supply thing than a popularity one.

Mzo

It's still there, try eating Fish and Drink. Also shows up randomly. You unlock the Drink option through a quest, have you been skipping stuff?

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/gore-magala-feeler

Looks like it's guaranteed from low rank and kind of rare in high.

upandaway

If you ever get a hankering for challenge you can just solo some multiplayer quests. It doesn't have to completely die once you finish the caravan quests. There's also G rank single player quests this time around.
Oooh nice. As far as multiplayer goes I do most of them once solo at least if I manage to (gave up at 8* in 3U), but most of the time it's more fun to play with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom