• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
And but a few days ago you were ready to give up on the game after getting wrung out by Gore Magala
That's because that fight was a piece of shit and I still think that it is. This Magala was waaay easier because there is so much room to run around and SEE WHAT IS GOING ON.

jorgejjvr

I love teo! Maybe I could help you?

I like him too, but I'm just saying it's hard to break the head when playing solo. He's either breaking fire or explosions or charging you. I can only get to his head when mounting.

Help me? Isn't online not working?

-Alternis

Lunar15

This is my first MH game, and while I absolutely adore it, armor sets remain a mystery to me.

I just made it into HR4, and I'm wondering what kind of builds people are using for hammer in high quests.

upandaway

For some reason I'm doing downright half the quest time with Charge Blade than I do most other weapons for the G.Jaggi training (sub 1 minute), how is this possible. charge blade you're too strong please

Mupod

Damn, teostra isn't that hard but when you're trying to get the head, it's SUCH A PAIN.

do you still need dragon element to break the horns?

I used to be really good at farming Teo with a greatsword. Looking forward to fighting him in 4U - and hey, this time I won't have heartbreaking 'out of reach of carves' moments after multiple rounds of repels.

iUm045DGNT7hf.jpg

jorgejjvr

This is my first MH game, and while I absolutely adore it, armor sets remain a mystery to me.

I just made it into HR4, and I'm wondering what kind of builds people are using for hammer in high quests.

I know fast charge is pretty good for the hammer. As the name implies, you charge it up much faster.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

do you still need dragon element to break the horns?

I used to be really good at farming Teo with a greatsword. Looking forward to fighting him in 4U - and hey, this time I won't have heartbreaking 'out of reach of carves' moments after multiple rounds of repels.

iUm045DGNT7hf.jpg

No, you no longer need dragon to break them. However, since I play solo I find it very annoying. Half the time he just runs at you >.<

-Alternis

Anura

I like him too, but I'm just saying it's hard to break the head when playing solo. He's either breaking fire or explosions or charging you. I can only get to his head when mounting.

Help me? Isn't online not working?

-Alternis

It isn't? Lol, I didn't even notice.

Yeah, there are a few good chances to GS snipe or Super Pound/Triple Pound with hammer. The wide range explosion is an obvious one, the fire breath when he is out of rage can be SP/TP and sniped (TP if the barrier isn't up and SP if it's up), you can snipe after the nova, and after the small range explosion you can do the hammer upswing charge or GS snipe (remember, the explosions always go in the same direction during this attack).

Mupod

hammer's pretty straightforward, and in low/high rank you can kinda get away with anything. In G rank you'll definitely want sharpness+1 and a purple sharpness weapon, pretty much a requirement for all blademasters.

From there I really like earplugs on hammers - it's a free super pound to the face on any roaring monser. Marathon runner and focus are great if you can get them.

The KO armor skill isn't necessary, at best it'll give you 1 extra KO in a quest, most of the time it'll do nothing. Don't bother unless it's very easy to get or free.

R0ckman

Dalamadur isn't too bad, even with the beam. I honestly was having more issue with the bite attack and meteors not giving enough warning with the radius. Its a shame that he starts spamming the beam from multiple positions when hes on the ropes though. He'll shoot the beam, quickly move to a new position and fire or bite lunge. That will wipe out people not preparred.

Anyone wants to farm brachydios with me? Need a gem but my hammer can't cut tails and I'll take every chance there is for that one to drop.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm taking my time enjoying Offline Mode. I'm now at the
Dravinian Village on the top of the mountain

Is there any armor that has really good skill combinations for a blademaster at this point in the game or do I have to wait awhile to get there?

I'd like a set with Sharpness+1, Sheathing, and Atk up for my Greatsword Build and another for my main weapon at the moment, the Long Sword.

jorgejjvr

The online is back. Since I know a few people like him, does anyone want to farm Teostra for his horns, and then do G2* key quests?

-Alternis

I'm taking my time enjoying Offline Mode. I'm now at the
Dravinian Village on the top of the mountain

Is there any armor that has really good skill combinations for a blademaster at this point in the game or do I have to wait awhile to get there?

I'd like a set with Sharpness+1, Sheathing, and Atk up for my Greatsword Build and another for my main weapon at the moment, the Long Sword.

Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to get armor with those exact skills until later in the game (if ever). I'd focus on getting just one of them until you get into High Rank - something like the Velociprey armor.

VandalD

I can't pick a weapon to focus on. They're all so good! I suppose S&S is still my fallback if else fails, but I'm having a lot of fun mixing it up. Insect Glaive and Charge Blade are really good additions, though I'm not too into the way glaives upgrade.

Beartruck

Can anyone help me with my build? I just beat Gore Magala for the first time for the first 5-star quest, but I was carted twice and barely did it, so I think it's time for an upgrade. Below is my current loadout, can anyone suggest what would be better? I was considering a set of rathian armor, but I'm having trouble severing her tail.

Current Armor:
Full set of Lagombi armor for the extra evade skill, with all slots filled with health gems so I get the "+50 health" skill.

Current Weapons:
Long Swords-Incurviscera, Unbranded Aikuchi, Blood Cry
Hunting Horns-Valkyrie Chordmaker, Kecha Whappa+

I think I'm where I need to be in my weapons, variety-wise, but I'm not sure whats best as far as armor.

burgerdog

Here comes the Kyzon :D

We can fight whatever as I wanna make some Gunner Armor finally

Hey, sorry about the disconnect last night. I'm sure you guys beat the living hell out of those seltas in 8 minutes or less. Also thanks for helping us with the urgent. I can see why that would be annoying with randoms who don't know about super man diving the beam.

Leezard

I used Athena's ASS for the first time, which allowed me to get a Atk up M, Evade +2, Evade dist+ gunner armor set. It was simple but didn't require any really rare materials, just a wyvern gem and a couple of zinogre plates.

Monoblos
Narga
Monoblos (Kutku/Velociprey also works)
Monoblos
Narga
1 slot weapon and 5 evade 1 slot charm. I didn't have a single slot left over, but it was worth it. Now I think I'm ready to use the Seregios LBG, it looks really fun to use.

The ASS is a great tool.

Kyzon

Hey, sorry about the disconnect last night. I'm sure you guys beat the living hell out of those seltas in 8 minutes or less. Also thanks for helping us with the urgent. I can see why that would be annoying with randoms who don't know about super man diving the beam.
No problem. I had a great time. I know you needed that sleep, though haha.

I'm glad to help though

Valus

Which blademaster weapons benefit the most from the Seregios weapon gimmick? And how effective is the sharpness healing exactly?

WorldStar

Banned
Only parts I need for naja armor set is two chilling beaks

Should I just move on with my ketsu armor and try to get to Gore magala?

I used Athena's ASS for the first time, which allowed me to get a Atk up M, Evade +2, Evade dist+ gunner armor set. It was simple but didn't require any really rare materials, just a wyvern gem and a couple of zinogre plates.

Monoblos
Narga
Monoblos (Kutku/Velociprey also works)
Monoblos
Narga
1 slot weapon and 5 evade 1 slot charm. I didn't have a single slot left over, but it was worth it. Now I think I'm ready to use the Seregios LBG, it looks really fun to use.

The ASS is a great tool.
Everybody needs some ASS. Greatest tool ever, and lets you find the skills you want at any tier or HR. Sooooo gooodddd.

Thanks for the quick replies. Looks like I need a 4* guild quest to unlock drinks. Any tips for an IG-user to solo the Dah'ren urgent or will anyone be able to run it later tonight (about 7pm-ish, Mountain time)?

Juraash

Which blademaster weapons benefit the most from the Seregios weapon gimmick? And how effective is the sharpness healing exactly?

Greatsword definitely and as a result...probably the hammer as well.

Basically weapons that chew through sharpness slowly work best. I can maintain white sharpness on my GS basically the entire fight. You are almost always doing at least one roll before you sheathe anyways. I rarely dip into blue sharpness for more than a hit or two. I find it extremely effective.

Only parts I need for naja armor set is two chilling beaks

... Rathian plate, Zinogre plate, Earth Dragongame in first or second fight (and sometimes get two with one hunt).... but Chilling Beak from Najarala?? Forget. I had to fight with Najarala 15 times... I hate this snake with all my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom