• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobohoro

I'm never going to get this S.Zinogre Umbrage.

Ever.

I've been rather lucky with drops until now, that's the only one the really eludes me. Doesn't help that S. Zinogre is one of my weakest monsters (seriously, normal Zinogre is a cakewalk, but S. wrecks me every damn time) so the farming is pretty though.

And the feels you get when carting for the third time after 30 minutes of gruesome battle against an already limping monster are pretty disheartening. Needed to beat up on some innocent Tetsus and Kecahs afterwards.

Anyone available to help farm a few zamtrios? I'm in need of 2 more frost sacs, so I'm farming the HR2 Zamtrios quest. Please join my game, which is already live. ID is 66-6021-3086-4185. no password

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So hey, question. 3U was where I kinda burned out on MH super hard. So I never got to fight Brachydios. So, um...any tips for Brachydios? This'll be my first time facing him so I don't know what I'm in for.

Kyzon

Anyone available to help farm a few zamtrios? I'm in need of 2 more frost sacs, so I'm farming the HR2 Zamtrios quest. Please join my game, which is already live. ID is 64-2012-4414-3985. no password

I'll kill a couple with you. Imma go in naked with my bow and see how this works out, lol.
I gotta remember how to use this thing.

LProtag

I've been rather lucky with drops until now, that's the only one the really eludes me. Doesn't help that S. Zinogre is one of my weakest monsters (seriously, normal Zinogre is a cakewalk, but S. wrecks me every damn time) so the farming is pretty though.

I switched to A.Rathalos and on my second attempt I got 3 Rubies. 3 of them, in one go. I feel like I used up my luck allowance on something I didn't even want, haha.

So hey, question. 3U was where I kinda burned out on MH super hard. So I never got to fight Brachydios. So, um...any tips for Brachydios? This'll be my first time facing him so I don't know what I'm in for.

Rolling 3 times gets rid of slime status (like stopping, dropping, and rolling to get rid of fire blight), which increases the damage of the next blast attack that hits you. Deodorant gets rid of it too, but I feel like rolling 3 times is faster.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Rolling 3 times gets rid of slime status (like stopping, dropping, and rolling to get rid of fire blight), which increases the damage of the next blast attack that hits you. Deodorant gets rid of it too, but I feel like rolling 3 times is faster.

Will I bounce a lot with blue sharpness? If so I'll bring my white sharpness CB instead of my hammer.

ohlawd

honing equipment question

say I hone to attack then I hone to something else. do I have to gather mats again to get attack back? the help button doesn't mention anything so I'm guessing I have to buy attack again

Veldin

Running across players with hacked +10 edgemaster charms way too often. It's extra irritating when you've put in the effort to get that skill in an armor set legitimately.

Sifl

There being no ingame chat is really annoying, especially on fights like Gogmazios. Almost everytime I do this fight 3 people just attack him and 1 uses The Dragonator, but this time everyone was by The Dragonator desperately signaling me to go to where they were to get him into position. Made me feel stupid as fuck.

bobohoro

Will I bounce a lot with blue sharpness? If so I'll bring my white sharpness CB instead of my hammer.

Nah, that should do.

Other than that, observe and be patient in the beginning. Brachy can get overwhelming, especially in Rage Mode, and the additional slime puddles all around the area don't help, so until you have its attack patterns down (or its stamina) keep your calm.

R0ckman

I just don't see how people can get carried up to G like some people talk about, my online experience with randoms is usually - Person isn't ready for higher levels, leaves the group out of humiliation of multiple carts. Person wants specific item, doesn't like that the team, though competent, isn't playing the way they want, leaves. Trolls seem to just be the other end of the extremes and a minority. Everyone in between is great, if only there were chats.

R0ckman

Has anyone had monsters that just bugged out?

Was fighting a rajang that just started walking into a wall for like 20 seconds. Too bad it was a horn hunt...

It seems I can't really stay with one weapon.

First SNS, now I'm getting bored of the Switch Axe. Might try out the Long Sword and see how the new additions to its moveset change my perception of it.

rpmurphy

How long is the maintenance going to last?
Handy thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711436

Extended maintenance (special maintenance, often happens before system updates if for the Wii U / 3DS)

Wii U and Nintendo 3DS (online play and leaderboards), on Monday, March 2nd:

– Europe: Monday, March 2 (9.30PM) to Tuesday, March 3 (2AM)
– UK: Monday, March 2 (8.30PM) to Tuesday, March 3 (1AM)
– North America (East): Monday, March 2 (3.30PM to 8PM)
– North America (West): Monday, March 2 (12.30PM to 5PM)
– Japan: Tuesday, March 3 (5.30AM to 10AM)

Beats

Oh, I guess I'll wait a little bit until it's over before trying online again.

Hoping to get some G-Rank Rathian parts to make this Nibelsnarf Vest today.

NewGame

Banned
MH4-Question_Mark_Icon.png

G3 URGENT
HR G3 OR HIGHER ONLY
ROOM ID: 60-5032-7731-2280