• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwind

^ lol

Just finished The Caravaneer's Challenge. Intense.

The key was to let Rajang kill Zinogre then finish off Rajang.

Smokebombing might have been better but meh I'd rather let the Rajang do my dirty work for me. :D

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
^ lol

Just finished The Caravaneer's Challenge. Intense.

The key was to let Rajang kill Zinogre then finish off Rajang.

Smokebombing might have been better but meh I'd rather let the Rajang do my dirty work for me. :D
I bombed and it still killed him for me at the end. xD

tuffy

Seregios is a ton of fun to trade shots with back and forth across the room. It's like somebody slapped all the enjoyable parts of Rathalos and Lucent Narga into a single monster and left out the annoying bits. Though I don't use LBG like I used to, I'm tempted to forge the Rasasa just to try out its load-on-roll mechanic.

Anyone feel like attempting Advanced: Dragon Attack? It's an arena quest with S. Zingore and B. Tigrex that allows Wycoon to trade for more materials. Had a nice random group going and then the servers died.

ID: 51-5912-2017-4008

Shengar

Oh, I guess I'll wait a little bit until it's over before trying online again.

Hoping to get some G-Rank Rathian parts to make this Nibelsnarf Vest today.

If only I haven't a class in 1 hour and the server more stable, I would like to join the farm.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh god I almost fucked up royally during a kushala daora hunt.

He had carted me twice for lame reason but finally I got him to fly off to sleep so I followed and put a large barrel bomb down. I wanted to hit him and the bomb both with the same level 3 charge for some mega damage that would definitely kill it.

My level 3 charge totally missed his head but hit the bomb, I was standing too close to the bomb so I got flung back.

Kushy wakes up and mean mugs the shit out of me and vomits tornados at me nearly killing me out of wake up. I run over and desperately swing.

BOUNCE

swing again

BOUNCE

I had forgotten to resharpen my weapon since I had figured the level 3 swing + bomb would have killed him but since it missed he was still kicking. So I panic and swing a third time thinking this is it, luckily he moves his head into my swords path at the last second and kills it.

Then I carved a gem.

I do not deserve this.

rpmurphy

Anyone feel like attempting Advanced: Dragon Attack? It's an arena quest with S. Zingore and B. Tigrex that allows Wycoon to trade for more materials. Had a nice random group going and then the servers died.

ID: 51-5912-2017-4008
I need Brute Tigrex parts so I'll join.

EDIT: ah, you're done already :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can you "re-roll" a treasure area? Like, my expedition says No treasure area, but it's a rare. If I save and reboot, will it possibly be a "yes"?

Shiina

Capcom_Figure_Builder_Creator%27s_Model_Golden_Rajang_001.jpg

Dear diary,

today I was made a bitch.

NewGame

Banned
And then you left?

C'mon.

after we lost the second match I decided I needed to eat a sammich in celebration. And now I am enjoying an iced coffee.

I will return if theres any room though.

Edit: Looks like you have 4 anyway. I was the only one who didn't cart. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I will write up a guide though. I already have figured out most of his tells.

Love monster hunter, but after playing through the early game a million times in FU, Tri, P3rd, and 3U, 4U has been just dragging for me.

Finally beat Gore in SP. I guess its time to start playing online.

Shurayuki

after we lost the second match I decided I needed to eat a sammich in celebration. And now I am enjoying an iced coffee.

I will return if theres any room though.

Edit: Looks like you have 4 anyway. I was the only one who didn't cart. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I will write up a guide though. I already have figured out most of his tells.

We got him thanks.

And gratz.

I never carted yo.
It's also kinda important to knock him the the ground there at the end and nobody seemed to be overly concerned with that...

(I always carve when it's available to get smth. out of it if the quest goes awry, which this motherfracker always does)

H6->H7 Urgent Shagaru Magala

MH4-Question_Mark_Icon.png

Help, please.

66-9156-6350-2081
pw 1235

Thanks, Night Angel! Sorry for bombing you repeatedly, and I kept pinging the steam baths I put down that could heal..... your... virus? I guess? Anyways, thanks for the urgent!

NewGame

Banned
Here some help with the G3 urgent. Damage values can be seen here.

Step by step guide:
0. Pre-hunt you want to eat for defence even with 600+ base armor. Bread + Milk + Fry is good for Felyne Defender (Hi) and you might want to make sure your fire resistance is high enough as his explosions and oil deal fire damage. You want to bring life powders and dusts of life to help other hunters at clutch moments because it is very easy to cart and difficult to stand still and heal if a series of big attacks is unleashed. The only elements you want to arm yourself with is either dragon or fire, both are very effective. Note that elemental damage is extremely effective on the weakest points of the monster (Head, wings and chest). This monster is immune to status and traps.

1. At the start of the quest two people should run right up to his tail and try to cut it off. You want to position him in such a way so that the dragonator on the wall can be used immediately so it can start it's cooldown ASAP. The two other hunters should be at the dragonator and filling up the canon. You want to save any shiney drops you find, the 'one time binder' shots because these will be useful later.

2. As two people are on the ground they want to be either mounting the monster or knocking it over by hitting the little hind legs after the tail has been cut. You should use the restrainers that are embedded in the ground to help with any knock overs too. The canon loaders should be using ballista shots in between waiting for it to be in position for a cannon blast.

3. If the tail has been cut and the chest has been broken (Usually from successful mounts) then you want to break the spear head, this can be tricky and there's two ways to do it. Use the ballista ammo to shoot the spear or knock over the monster and hit it's spear tip while on the ground (The spear will bounce your weapon always, minds eye or non-bounce attacks recommended)

4. When the spear is dislodged you want to activate it by putting your weapon away and then pressing A next to it, it will fire a short range dragonator attack so many sure the Goggy is standing ontop of it.

5. When Goggy get really mad he will start flying up in the air, he deals massive damage and people often cart. The best thing to do is to use one of the binder shot you found near the start of the hunt to pull him down from the sky, the same can be done with the restrainers in the ground but they have a narrow firing range. You can also shoot him out of the sky with cannon balls or ballista shots but be careful about getting lasered.

6. At the late stage of the game (20% or less health) Goggy will start to destroy the cannon ball and balista deposits. He will fume a lot and generally be more difficult to deal with. An organized group of 4 should be able to down him in around 15 minutes depending on how many dragonators and cannon balls hit.

tariniel

On the caravan quest board there are some quests that have a yellow chat bubble on the right.

What does this icon mean?

For example I have a harvest tour that has it and I have no idea what it means. It's just a harvest tour.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh my god what a night it has been for elder dragons.

So I'm killing Teostra and I get carted twice, I'm thinking "ugh I should just abandon if he gets one solid hit on me I'm dead". After mulling it over I decide fuck it why not just go out like a hero, but before I go i check the supply box and I see these dumb ass 5 throwing knives in it I figure why the fuck not, it's not like I have any potions left.

So I find him in area 8, perfect. I jump and mount him which knocks him over letting me get some good hits in then he starts limping away. I figure this has to be the end so I chase it down and as it's sleeping i start going crazy with my dual blades but he wont die then he starts exploding the whole room.

Im barely dodging the explosions until eventually one clips me and I'm scared that this is going to be the end. Then he flies up to do his "I AM THE SUN" attack and that's when i remember the fucking knives so i just start throwing these little fucking knives at him and the 3rd one drops him and kills him...elder dragon, slain by throwing knives.

Kinsei

Banned
On the caravan quest board there are some quests that have a yellow chat bubble on the right.

What does this icon mean?

For example I have a harvest tour that has it and I have no idea what it means. It's just a harvest tour.

It means you spoke to someone and they gave you that quest.

Holy fuck Silver Rathalos is a bitch to solo. Probably didn't help that I'm using the Gore mix set which has like -50 fire resist but challenger+2 is godlike so yolo. This monster really drives home just how mindnumbing fighting the Raths has become as a blademaster. They're just boring fights next to all the new species.

So it's just run around like a dick for a full minute while he rages around in the sky, where because of constant wind pressure and ridiculous heat-seeking talons and huge aoe wyvern fires it's almost never worth it to attack him. Then he finally lands and gives you an opening and...bounce, get sent flying since you can't roll out of a deflected attack, and oh cool he's in the air again.

I pretty much did most of my damage by flash bombing him literally a dozen times. Who thought it was a good idea to make half of his body bounce to even white sharpness? His head, his neck, most of his tail all have to be avoided.

I suppose if I was going to farm him I'd build a set with Mind's Eye and the wind resist skill and that would probably make the fight much easier. But I think I'll just take my one kill and never fight him again.

R0ckman

Oh my god what a night it has been for elder dragons.

So I'm killing Teostra and I get carted twice, I'm thinking "ugh I should just abandon if he gets one solid hit on me I'm dead". After mulling it over I decide fuck it why not just go out like a hero, but before I go i check the supply box and I see these dumb ass 5 throwing knives in it I figure why the fuck not, it's not like I have any potions left.

So I find him in area 8, perfect. I jump and mount him which knocks him over letting me get some good hits in then he starts limping away. I figure this has to be the end so I chase it down and as it's sleeping i start going crazy with my dual blades but he wont die then he starts exploding the whole room.

Im barely dodging the explosions until eventually one clips me and I'm scared that this is going to be the end. Then he flies up to do his "I AM THE SUN" attack and that's when i remember the fucking knives so i just start throwing these little fucking knives at him and the 3rd one drops him and kills him...elder dragon, slain by throwing knives.

Lol, that "I am the sun" move scared one of the players I was with out of the hunt.

Anura

Holy fuck Silver Rathalos is a bitch to solo. Probably didn't help that I'm using the Gore mix set which has like -50 fire resist but challenger+2 is godlike so yolo. This monster really drives home just how mindnumbing fighting the Raths has become as a blademaster. They're just boring fights next to all the new species.

So it's just run around like a dick for a full minute while he rages around in the sky, where because of constant wind pressure and ridiculous heat-seeking talons and huge aoe wyvern fires it's almost never worth it to attack him. Then he finally lands and gives you an opening and...bounce, get sent flying since you can't roll out of a deflected attack, and oh cool he's in the air again.

I pretty much did most of my damage by flash bombing him literally a dozen times. Who thought it was a good idea to make half of his body bounce to even white sharpness? His head, his neck, most of his tail all have to be avoided.

I suppose if I was going to farm him I'd build a set with Mind's Eye and the wind resist skill and that would probably make the fight much easier. But I think I'll just take my one kill and never fight him again.

I still love rathain but hate los. The issue is that there is never a safe place to get in and hit him. He's usually in the air fireball spamming and approaching him on the ground from behind usually ends up with him popping up in the air and doing that super fast fireball... and Silver Los in G is even worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom