• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Holy fuck Silver Rathalos is a bitch to solo. Probably didn't help that I'm using the Gore mix set which has like -50 fire resist but challenger+2 is godlike so yolo. This monster really drives home just how mindnumbing fighting the Raths has become as a blademaster. They're just boring fights next to all the new species.

So it's just run around like a dick for a full minute while he rages around in the sky, where because of constant wind pressure and ridiculous heat-seeking talons and huge aoe wyvern fires it's almost never worth it to attack him. Then he finally lands and gives you an opening and...bounce, get sent flying since you can't roll out of a deflected attack, and oh cool he's in the air again.

I pretty much did most of my damage by flash bombing him literally a dozen times. Who thought it was a good idea to make half of his body bounce to even white sharpness? His head, his neck, most of his tail all have to be avoided.

I suppose if I was going to farm him I'd build a set with Mind's Eye and the wind resist skill and that would probably make the fight much easier. But I think I'll just take my one kill and never fight him again.

This is why I call monsters handicapped. They actually have a lock-on ability for some of their attacks. Ulkanos and his ice borrow is really BS with this.

Beats

This is why I call monsters handicapped. They actually have a lock-on ability for some of their attacks. Ulkanos and his ice borrow is really BS with this.

You can avoid that by running behind Ukanlos when it's burrowing towards you though.

Anura

I love G rank Golden Jang, or just Jang in general. He is so much fun. Although, it helps I can beat him in like 8 min with getting the horns. I still never get those ghoulish gore things....

NewGame

Banned

Ukans burrowing attack is really strange, it's essentially "DO YOU HAVE STAMINA?"

The way the fight dynamic works is

Ukanlos burrowed! Do you:
1. Have full stamina?
2. Are not under the effects of iceblight?
3. Are not under the effects of snowball?
4. Are not against the edge of the arena?

Congratulations! You don't have to die.

I would highly HIGHLY recommend marathon runner or dash juice for his fight. There's also a food skill called 'Escape Artist' that makes running away take less stamina. MEGA PROTIP: Running from a monster giving you the 'sprint' animation will consume more stamina than regular sprinting.

Shiina

I love G rank Golden Jang, or just Jang in general. He is so much fun. Although, it helps I can beat him in like 8 min with getting the horns. I still never get those ghoulish gore things....
You got any tips for me? This guy is on a whole other level compared to any other monster. That lvl120 Jho yesterday was child's play against this.

Salaadin

My biggest complaint with the monsters is how they can clip through the environment all over the place to attack you. Frustrating as hell when you take cover behind a rock or tower and that projectile attack still hits

Anura

You got any tips for me? This guy is on a whole other level compared to any other monster. That lvl120 Jho yesterday was child's play against this.

What weapon do you use? Without knowing that all I can say is try to stay by the tail.

Seil

My biggest complaint with the monsters is how they can clip through the environment all over the place to attack you. Frustrating as hell when you take cover behind a rock or tower and that projectile attack still hits

Fireballs clipping through cliffs were one thing, but once I was fighting a tigrex in Heaven's Mount and it ran off. So, I chase it to area 6. I enter, get the sound showing I've been spotted immediately, despite it being on the opposite side of the map with huge stone blocks in between us. Then with no time to even start moving, I eat a rock to the face that shot THROUGH A GIANT STONE BLOCK.

x.x

It shouldn't have even been able to know I existed yet. And a rock should not penetrate a large stone object you can climb x.x

Garou

Ukans burrowing attack is really strange, it's essentially "DO YOU HAVE STAMINA?"

1. Have full stamina?

I would highly HIGHLY recommend marathon runner or dash juice for his fight. There's also a food skill called 'Escape Artist' that makes running away take less stamina. MEGA PROTIP: Running from a monster giving you the 'sprint' animation will consume more stamina than regular sprinting.

You are not supposed to run away from him, you literally have to run circles around him.

Shiina

What weapon do you use? Without knowing that all I can say is try to stay by the tail.
IG. I've seen some videos of Japanese speedrunners but they all seem to know the monster's patterns 100% inside out. Feels like there's zero room for error or you get smacked for 70%.

Shurayuki

Basically you want to use a good hammer and traps. (Just make any hammer with 1xxx Atk if you can)

Start by laying down a shock trap and pound&baseball swing the head a bit.
Then use the pitfall when he's angry.
I have very limited hammer skill and no fitting armor so I just packed mats dor another trap and kept pounding his face. You can easily get times within 5-10min with a somewhat decent hammer even if you suck royally.

Here's a (bad quality) video of some guy doing it in 1m30s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAmY7p1E-T4

Can do the same with a bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-D5H1ocBbc

>Stays behind a small pillar in the Tower Summit
>Silver Rathalos uses Fireball
>Fireball goes through pillar
>Its super effective!

I can't recall how many times this happened to me when soloing him. It breaks all rules of barriers, such a shit it is

rpmurphy

Try to crawl under the crevice to get the other side of the giant rock on Heaven's Mount to heal.
Stygian Zinogre bodychecks the rock to pieces and me in it. D:

WorldStar

Banned
finally at hr2 urgen quest

anyone wanna help me kill gore magala?

i think ill prolly farm him after because he makes decent armor for low level, right?

Frenzied Black Gravios is such bullshit. Doesnt stop spamming his beams.

Best to just break its back ASAP so it farts from there instead of its belly. Makes it easier to stay under and chop it up.

Also, it is incredibly hard to break Rajang's horns here, and a pain to knock him out with my hammer even with the Knockout King skill. Dude has a high tolerance on his head.

Anura

IG. I've seen some videos of Japanese speedrunners but they all seem to know the monster's patterns 100% inside out. Feels like there's zero room for error or you get smacked for 70%.

Try to gem for evade if you haven't already. I'm sure you figured out but face and arms are red, feet are white, body is yellow, and tail is greeb. Last time I IG him was in the vanilla 4 but back then I was mostly just poking him after each attack unless I got a large opening. Speaking of large openings, he is full of them! Laser is punishable, rock through move is really punishable, pin was punishable but it's much less punishable now, and he taunts after the triple slam move.

Any move you're having issues dodging?

Shengar

1. Have full stamina?

5. Have a Lance and big ass shield?
I just shout come at me bro whenever it do that heat-seeking burrowing attack.

WorldStar

Banned
if anyone is willing to help me kill Gore Magala for my my hr2 urgent quest it will be greatly appreciated!!!

04-6601-1256-5812

passcode: 1337

thanks in advance!

Kensuke

Bring a paralysis glaive. Getting more substantial hits is risky business, but with paralysis you get to go wild for a little while.

Use a shock trap at the very start and hit him hard. He should be really close to paralysis after that, so just get a few more hits in. After the paralysis focus on getting the first mount, be patient with the vaults. All this should at least let you break the first horn and take care of about half his health. You just have to tough it out after that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Christ. Carted against a low-rank frenzied and rage'd Brachy. In Rath Soul armor. :lol Still beat it, but carting even once was surprising. I think I've been playing a little recklessly since getting Rath Soul then going back to low rank to clean up sidequests. Gotta work on that.

Goddamn the Shagaru Glaive is so fucking sweet. I love everything about this weapon, the model, the shinyness, the sounds. Might be my favorite weapon so far.

Shiina

Thanks guys. I think I just need to get more practise in against him. That hammer thing seems like a good idea if I can kill him but not break his horns. I'll do some more attempts on him to better figure out his he works and then I'll try to incorporate traps into my play. Been pretty much neglecting them entirely for some reason.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I asked earlier but didnt get a response. Is there a "best lances to make " list anywhere?

Edit: Nvm finally found one.

Tigrex line is good raw, Diablo line is good raw if you have sharpness+1 and some expert+

Fire: silver rath - immaculate soul

Water: tidal naja - caduceus

Thunder: rajang - demonray rajang

Ice: Kushala daora - daora regulus

Dragon: fatalis - true fatalis lance

Poison: yian garuga - garugas incessance

Paralysis: najarala - asclepius

Sleep: gogmazios - aether geghard

Blast: molten tigrex - ruthless grislance

R0ckman

Thanks guys. I think I just need to get more practise in against him. That hammer thing seems like a good idea if I can kill him but not break his horns. I'll do some more attempts on him to better figure out his he works and then I'll try to incorporate traps into my play. Been pretty much neglecting them entirely for some reason.

Yeah, Im making a hammer set just for him

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This fits your user name so much XD

Q_Parry.gif

Shurayuki

Most blademasters want his chest and waist for their endgame armor so I thought GAF should really know about that strat.

I soloed and GH randomed the guy for 2 days and had a terrible time and got 1 heart 0 horns (needed 2 and 3 horns).

Using that strategy I got 3 horns and 5 hearts and loads of his other mats...all in 30min.

I mean you should obviously play normally against him and get good at that yeah, but if you fight him to get mats, do that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
First one wasn't that bad.
Everything involving G.Mags, was, in fact, terrible. I don't think I ever had fun fighting him, even when I had a good handle on it in the Everwood fight, or the expedition I fought him on later hoping to get a decent guild quest only for him to wuss out and fly away. But aside from being a shitty monster to fight, the boat and the first hunt were very poorly designed and poorly timed. Also, I'm still waiting for whatever it was that was supposed to make him seem easy, because as I knew would happen, everything after those fights haven't been remotely hard in comparison, and I haven't even used the items I used against him.

ramyeon

Okay, I need to make some real G Rank progress. Anyone around that can help with my last key and urgent for G1? Rathian and Red Khezu is the key I need, had no luck with random groups so far.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna help me though the HR6 keys?

ID: 50-4659-3879-1313
pw: 6666

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom