• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garou

I have one, but I registered it (it's not in my list.) Can I still send it? I've never done this before and am not sure how it works.

Yes, you can send registered quests from your Start-menu, but they will revert back to the default Level of the rank for the receiver.

Elija2

I would say so yes, but usually it doesnt equal out like that assuming both weapons are the same rarity. Elementless weapons tend to have something else going for them whether it's more sharpness or affinity or something else.

Alright, thanks for the help. I was avoiding elemental weapons because I didn't want to worry about monsters being resistant to it but now I'll give them a try.

Liethe

Alright, thanks for the help. I was avoiding elemental weapons because I didn't want to worry about monsters being resistant to it but now I'll give them a try.
I would still say it's worth it to be mindful of monster weaknesses when considering your weapon element (hint: look at the blademaster armor in the armory for the monster in question if it's unlocked. The weakest element on the armor is almost always the monster's overall weakness too) but it's not like if you bring the wrong element you will automatically fail. The killing will just take a little bit longer. :)

Cerity

Just with elemental and damage in general, the numbers you'll see on the various wiki's is actually % in terms of effectiveness.

zjma6V6.png

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/monster/gravios

So say you hit with water damage on it's underbody, the effectiveness value is plugged into the damage formula as 0.3. Same applies to physical damage.

Pila

I've been playing mostly offline these days, I unlocked 8stars caravan and upgraded some equipment. Anyway I tried some online hunts sunday and it was terribad, everything was error code :/ yesterday they were doing some server maintenance, how about the online now? Is it more stable in your experience?

I've been playing mostly offline these days, I unlocked 8stars caravan and upgraded some equipment. Anyway I tried some online hunts sunday and it was terribad, everything was error code :/ yesterday they were doing some server maintenance, how about the online now? Is it more stable in your experience?

Since launch day I've only had one disconnect (besides during the maintenance, where everyone dropped), and it was when I was playing with someone overseas. Though, I do have friends who get disconnected constantly.

PKrockin

^ Same to you!

I've been playing online a ton since a few days after launch and have only seen one disconnect.

Pila

Since launch day I've only had one disconnect (besides during the maintenance, where everyone dropped), and it was when I was playing with someone overseas. Though, I do have friends who get disconnected constantly.

I've been playing online a ton since a few days after launch and have only seen one disconnect.

My online games have been good since launch (and even before it, I had smooth hunts with the demo) but shit hit the fan last weekend, I couldn't even connect to the server. I'll try again after this maintenance, it's always the same old story I had issues with 3U as well when it launched, it became more stable later.

Waikis

What's the general progression after finishing HR7? Should I go for Ukanlos and farm HR8?
Or should i finish Caravan and go for G?

I experienced no lag but twice and it is always the fault of someone downloading something. When the host disconnects for whatever reason the next in line becomes the host just like in 3U. If you get error codes, maybe check your router settings? I'm not forwarding anything special for my 3ds but it might help in your case.

Edit: I haven't played online today, maybe it is crap right now.

Pila

I experienced no lag but twice and it is always the fault of someone downloading something. When the host disconnects for whatever reason the next in line becomes the host just like in 3U. If you get error codes, maybe check your router settings? I'm not forwarding anything special for my 3ds but it might help in your case.

Edit: I haven't played online today, maybe it is crap right now.

Room used to die in 3U when host disconnected. ;)

My 3DS is in the router DMZ so it should be fine, it used to work fine so I don't think it's about my hardware settings. Online performances seem to be shitty right now, hopefully they're working on it.

Room used to die in 3U when host disconnected. ;)

On Wii U? I'm sure it didn't at least after a patch. Maybe I remember it wrong. Okay it might be that La_Briola told me about this new feature in MH4 (He played the japanese one) and that's why I remember it being in some earlier MH than 4U.

Pila

On Wii U? I'm sure it didn't at least after a patch. Maybe I remember it wrong. Okay it might be that La_Briola told me about this new feature in MH4 (He played the japanese one) and that's why I remember it being in some earlier MH than 4U.

Yeah it works this way since 4 Vanilla JPN IIRC. =)

probably gonna slow down on playing this. I'm so behind on alot of work and this is one of the biggest reasons for it. I have a 100 hour save file already lol

Cerity

Finally soloed that HR5 Gore, I play risky as hell with it, it caught me out in axe mode after hitting me a fair bit and just comboed me to death after that.

Also massive feels when I realised that I didn't have any tranq bombs left. I just change item sets and assume I have everything I need.

My progress through the game has slowed dramatically after I finally gave into the urge to go back to the great sword. When I main a weapon I build all the versions of it available. I'm stuck trying to upgrade the Gore GS though, I can't get S.Magala tails because the quest won't show up in single player. I have just beaten the Emerald poop machine in 7* and 2x fake Jhen in 6*. Should I be able to hunt S.Magala at this stage? I beat his urgent ages ago. Someone on here said it is an advanced quest and you just have to wait for it to come around but it's not showing up.

So I have a question about HR, how do you get the crazy high HR 140?

I'm assuming it the registered quest/expedition thing where you keep doing the same quest to level it up in HR. If that's high enough or at a certain point it'll just say HR"big #" or whatever level you have for that 1 quest and that will be your new hr number?

Okay guys, maybe this was answered before but is there a JoJo collab for MH4g/u? because... http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/mhb/features/20150226115949?redirect_stop=1
And you can see the Jotaro Palico in the 3ds theme as well.

So I have a question about HR, how do you get the crazy high HR 140?

I'm assuming it the registered quest/expedition thing where you keep doing the same quest to level it up in HR. If that's high enough or at a certain point it'll just say HR"big #" or whatever level you have for that 1 quest and that will be your new hr number?

At some point your limiter is off and your experience will make the counter go up. After HR7 I got HR35, some may have even higher numbers depending on how much quests they did prior to this. And yes guild quests and stuff like that totally helps in earning points fast. Also if you think HR140 is high... the limit is HR999.

Okay guys, maybe this was answered before but is there a JoJo collab for MH4g/u? because... http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/mhb/features/20150226115949?redirect_stop=1
And you can see the Jotaro Palico in the 3ds theme as well.

At some point your limiter is off and your experience will make the counter go up. After HR7 I got HR35, some may have even higher numbers depending on how much quests they did prior to this. And yes guild quests and stuff like that totally helps in earning points fast. Also if you think HR140 is high... the limit is HR999.

Thanks, I just got to HR6 and have like 200 total quests done according to weapon usage so now I'm curious what I'll get when I hit grank.

Seil

My progress through the game has slowed dramatically after I finally gave into the urge to go back to the great sword. When I main a weapon I build all the versions of it available. I'm stuck trying to upgrade the Gore GS though, I can't get S.Magala tails because the quest won't show up in single player. I have just beaten the Emerald poop machine in 7* and 2x fake Jhen in 6*. Should I be able to hunt S.Magala at this stage? I beat his urgent ages ago. Someone on here said it is an advanced quest and you just have to wait for it to come around but it's not showing up.

It'll appear eventually. Go grab and abandon a harvest tour or something to shuffle it. Repeat until it pops up. It's a rather annoying mechanic.

Peru

My progress through the game has slowed dramatically after I finally gave into the urge to go back to the great sword. When I main a weapon I build all the versions of it available.

Opposite of me lol. I stick to the bare necessities, one path. Until I get dissatisfied with where it's going and start on some other one.

Shengar

probably gonna slow down on playing this. I'm so behind on alot of work and this is one of the biggest reasons for it. I have a 100 hour save file already lol

Same here with 175 hours clocked lol
Lot of my other activities and works abandoned because I just keep saying "one more hunt". As of now, I turned off 3DS, I hope it worked out well.

It'll appear eventually. Go grab and abandon a harvest tour or something to shuffle it. Repeat until it pops up. It's a rather annoying mechanic.

I'll keep trying then, thanks. I have done enough quests to build ~10 GS and upgrade many of them, as well as making some progress with 7*, so this is getting beyond a joke.

PKrockin

Man. I just played with a HR5 longsword user wearing un-upgraded low rank Nerscylla armor. He triple carted to Emerald Congalala I suspect because he didn't have deoderant, then on the second quest he carted twice but I capped it, then he triple carted again. The carrying is real.

Oswen

I approve Steve.
At first I thought it was just going to be yet another boring wyvern but damn, I changed my mind.
His concept is actually very cool and its animation are great, I really like how it acts, look and sounds like a raptor bird.

Seregios is probably my new favourite after the good old Lagiacrus.
Tetsucabra is also a cool toad and deserves a honorable mention.

Same here with 175 hours clocked lol
Lot of my other activities and works abandoned because I just keep saying "one more hunt". As of now, I turned off 3DS, I hope it worked out well.

No, you turn the damn thing back on. I just started.

Edit: 146 hours here. And 27 of them were in one sitting.

magnetic

I really liked how relatively easy the game was on low rank caravan. But now that I arrived in high rank and the harder "palette swap" monsters show up, my motivation is suddenly taking a nosedive. Emerald Congalala was already incredibly annoying, I'm not looking forward to the other more aggressive variations at all.

Low rank Tigrex and Zinogre were easily my favourite moments so far. I love that the first dozen hours were so much more entertaining and varied than in the older games. I also still need to properly learn Zamtrios, he's such a cool guy.

Maybe I'll just play fashion hunter for a while, there's a ton of armor I skipped in low rank and I always wanted that adorable female bhabara armor. Or maybe try the gunner weapons for a change!

Opposite of me lol. I stick to the bare necessities, one path. Until I get dissatisfied with where it's going and start on some other one.

But you won't have one for every element, and status, and some just to look good or match your outfit and, and, and OCD.

I also need to get a HR armor set with decent GS skills (Fast charge, Crit draw, Sheathing...) but none have shown up yet. I saw people on here talking of a Lagi set, which I assume you have to trade to get parts for, when does that unlock?

I'm currently using Veloco-something with attack up XL. Is that a % damage bonus or a flat damage boost of "X" damage? Hopefully the former with a GS.

I approve Steve.
At first I thought it was just going to be yet another boring wyvern but damn, I changed my mind.
His concept is actually very cool and its animation are great, I really like how it acts, look and sounds like a raptor bird.

Seregios is probably my new favourite after the good old Lagiacrus.
Tetsucabra is also a cool toad and deserves a honorable mention.

Yeah I like Seregios the most from new ones. Molten Tigrex is my favourite new subspecies.

Shengar

No, you turn the damn thing back on. I just started.

Edit: 146 hours here. And 27 of them were in one sitting.
Amethyst, why do you do this to me? D:
Just finished my assignment, just create the room and I'll enter lol
I really liked how relatively easy the game was on low rank caravan. But now that I arrived in high rank and the harder "palette swap" monsters show up, my motivation is suddenly taking a nosedive. Emerald Congalala was already incredibly annoying, I'm not looking forward to the other more aggressive variations at all.

Low rank Tigrex and Zinogre were easily my favourite moments so far. I love that the first dozen hours were so much more entertaining and varied than in the older games.

Maybe I'll just play fashion hunter for a while, there's a ton of armor I skipped in low rank and I always wanted that adorable female bhabara armor. Or maybe try the gunner weapons for a change!
Do you play straight to Caravan *7 after finished with Shagaru Magala? In later *6 Caravan quests, there are some quest that featured monsters with high rank drop and damage, but health that similar to low rank monster. You also started from the base camp with whole supplies already delivered. The way how Capcom prepares new players moving from LR to HR is amazingly good compared to MH3U, though I agree that Emerald Congalala is pretty tough and can feel quite a jump due to its aggressive nature.

Amethyst, why do you do this to me? D:
Just finished my assignment, just create the room and I'll enter lol

You got it! Room's up.

Edit: For anyone else who wants to join:

68-6637-1534-9922

Not really sure what we're doing yet. Probably taking turns picking quests like usual. We're both only G1 though, so that'd be the upper limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom