• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure who Artemis is on here, but you just beat Rajang for me as a Hunter for Hire with an E+ chance of success.

BUT YOU DIDN'T BRING ME ANYTHING GOOD.

Why you won't drink your Life Powder when I'm being chain kissed by Rathian yesterday? ›__›

Haha, I was half asleep, sorry.

I kept it for myself, sorry. :p

1EPdB9S.jpg

:(

co1onel

I'm not sure who Artemis is on here, but you just beat Rajang for me as a Hunter for Hire with an E+ chance of success.

BUT YOU DIDN'T BRING ME ANYTHING GOOD.

I got my friend a sergios lens as a Hunter for Hire, and it was when I was trying to get for myself too.

Okay I figured it out and yup, had to kill Stygian Zin to finish off the hammer quest. I wish somebody had said them Black Gravios were frenzy monsters >.>

la_briola

I'm free now for the rest of the day, friend won't be on till around 11 PM CST.

I can always help him with it later though.

Cool.

Anyone else up for the G3 urgent quest "Advanced: Quagmire Quarrel" aka slay Gogmazios?!

You should probably be G3, but maybe G1-G2 is enough.

If we can find two more I will open a room.

Zornica

Banned
I've been wanting to play with a great sword for a few years now, but never really pulled through. I'd like to change this now. any advice? like should I go for raw damage? elemental damage? status effects?
Or maybe could you recommend me a good all-purpose sword?

What about skills? I know critical draw seems to be pretty popular.

I've been wanting to play with a great sword for a few years now, but never really pulled through. I'd like to change this now. any advice? like should I go for raw damage? elemental damage? status effects?
Or maybe could you recommend me a good all-purpose sword?

What about skills? I know critical draw seems to be pretty popular.

Only things important with Great Sword are raw and sharpness, so for all purpose, literally just go for the strongest thing available.

Skills are crit draw, like you said, focus, HG earplugs would be good since you'd always get a free max charge every roar, fast sheathing would be good since you'll be putting it away a lot, and as always, attack large or XL and sharpness+1 (honed blade if you can manage).

Zornica

Banned
Only things important with Great Sword are raw and sharpness, so for all purpose, literally just go for the strongest thing available.

Skills are crit draw, like you said, focus, HG earplugs would be good since you'd always get a free max charge every roar, fast sheathing would be good since you'll be putting it away a lot, and as always, attack large or XL and sharpness+1 (honed blade if you can manage).

thanks, I'll see what I can find!

Wanderer5

Got around facing Brachydios. He is quite fun to fight, and kind of reminds me of a boxer heh. I working on getting his charge blade, which is equal to blackguard, but blastblight looks more fun to use against.

DTU

Banned
This game is completely sold out everywhere. I wanted to get a copy for my brother in law. Nope! Suppose I could get an eShop card...

Bastos

How do you guys rank up so fast? Is looks like you don't even bother to farm anything and just Key quest all ranks. That's probably what you're all doing but what about survivability and damage? How do you find time to farm and rank up so fast at the same time?

I think I need to start setting up rooms and playing with y'all :p

Kinsei

Banned
How do you guys rank up so fast? Is looks like you don't even bother to farm anything and just Key quest all ranks. That's probably what you're all doing but what about survivability and damage? How do you find time to farm and rank up so fast at the same time?

I think I need to start setting up rooms and playing with y'all :p

Most things die within 5 minutes with a decent group.

any suggestions on easy to make g rank armor? how should I start out before making a real set?

Seregios armor is pretty easy to make, has good skills and resistances.

I also found Konchu Vambraces X to be good gateway armor, I stapled it to my HR set without losing too many of my armor skills and it had G rank caliber defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom