• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

95% Affinity on a Great Sword is useless, since CritDraw gives 100% anyway and even with the 25% damage-boost you are lower than other GS with higher base-damage. Not to mention the non-purple sharpness.
Pretty much. I assuming your talking about the gore series.

The affinity doesn't make up for its pathetically low raw.

ohlawd

holy shit final Gore GS only has 1152 attack o.o

dang, wish I didn't leave my afternoon group earlier. pretty much took half the day to get my real life crap together. that time of day again tho; anyone wanna do some G2 shit?

Puflwiz

Banned
Just a quick question. I'm looking for Carbalite Ore in order to upgrade my Chargeblade. But when I look up the areas I can't seem to get the drops. Help?
I'm in Rank 5 in single player.

Just a quick question. I'm looking for Carbalite Ore in order to upgrade my Chargeblade. But when I look up the areas I can't seem to get the drops. Help?

not 100% sure but you have to get to 7 stars in Village or HR4 to get Carbalite Ore from pretty much any mining spot.
holy shit final Gore GS only has 1152 attack o.o

dang, wish I didn't leave my afternoon group earlier. pretty much took half the day. that time of day again tho; anyone wanna do some G2 shit?

Yeah the Gore GS sucks, I wonder if the CB is any better, also get me to G2 you idiot.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Thats high rank ore, i dont think you'd get until rank 6 in single player or high rank quest in multiplayer.

My 3DS had a small system update after I got home from work. Now when I try to enter any gathering hall, I get Error Code: 006-0612. I have tried Nintendo's offical fix for that code, but it doesn't work. I can create my own gathering hall, but no one seems to join. Does anyone else have this problem?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Guys I don't think gathering abilities work on mining. I got gathering god and went on two firestone runs and still only got 2-4 items every mining point.

deim0s

Guys I don't think gathering abilities work on mining. I got gathering god and went on two firestone runs and still only got 2-4 items every mining point.

Gathering God +20
Very often raises the number of times items can be gathered at Gathering Points.

Dice

Yes, that is what it says. But zero times is not very often.

Unless 4 is the "raised number" and I was getting that all the time without the ability. I mean I did a hell of a lot of mining for armor spheres before this so I am very familiar with what the usual is and I notice no change at all.

deim0s

Must be the Desire Sensor Gods way of saying hello.

Most of the time i get 3 without it. But i'd rather have the speed gathering skill.

Dice

I wonder if it is something stupid like activating it for the whole quest or not, like the RNG on kitchen skill activation.

Edit: Nope. Because I just activated the kitchen skill on top and it still had no affect for a 3rd run. So I'm pretty sure gathering boost doesn't work on mining, which is all I care about. So, since I intentionally didn't save before trying it out, I'm going to revert to the one that was before I blew all my bumblepunpkin on gems for that set.

Shengar

Is it me, or is G-rank Seregios kind of a chump? Just did the urgent to get to G2 for me and a friend, and Seregios was going down in about 15 minutes with just the two of us. Seregios was honestly scary in single player, but that urgent quest was incredibly easy in comparison. Is it just not tuned well for multiplayer?

Seregios is example of modern MH monster design: lots of windup, and tight hitboxes. Not too mention Seregios seems pretty weak to mounting. Combined this with Ancient Steppe where the quest take place, Seregios is easy and manageable.

Unicorn

Oh man, Hermitaur welcoming me to high rank village. So good. I've missed you, man. Hermitaur demanded respect - carted twice.

As a quick test, can anyone try to join my gathering hall? 68-1697-9430-7681. I need to see if people can join, because I can not join any gathering halls.

I just tried, it gave me an error. "Error Code: 006-0612"
Thank you. I have no idea what's wrong, I've been playing online for a week with no problems. All of sudden I get this error code when trying to join anyone and apparently the same when someone tries to join me. I tried Nintendo's fix, but to no avail. I'm at a loss. :(

Just a quick thought on the localization of mh4u:

First off, CAPCOM and 8-4 did a GREAT job with the translation stuff, the dialogues are pretty funny, and reading through the capcom blogs on localization, you can tell they really tried their best to make the game more accessible for newcomers.

But I did notice one thing: some of their word choice on translation is slightly weird, it's like they're deliberately trying to not pick the common game terms, case in point, affinity, looking at some of the Japanese gameplay, the term they used is 会心率, which I think people stateside commonly refer to it as Critical Rate, which makes much more sense in my opinion. There was another term that I picked out awhile ago, but forgot... Just an interesting lexicon in this game, that's all.

Thank you. I have no idea what's wrong, I've been playing online for a week with no problems. All of sudden I get this error code when trying to join anyone and apparently the same when someone tries to join me. I tried Nintendo's fix, but to no avail. I'm at a loss. :(

I guess you can try to delete the MH4 1.1 patch and redownload it. See what happens.

ijed

So from reading about the differences in blast weapons vs slime weapons from 3U:

- lower proc rate
- lower blast damage
- Bombadier skill boosts proc rate (like status boosts ailment proc rates)
- good for breaking parts
- weapon with elemental weakness will do better than a blast weapon

Is this about right?

Just hit HR5 and was thinking of making the Dios IG.
Would a juiced up blast IG compare to a slime DS from 3U?

Lasdrub

Is there a way to lower or reset the level of guild quests? I pushed my Kirin quest up to HR, but I want LR materials still.

popyea

I've never tested this, but I've always made sure that I've got cool/hot drinks working when doing gathering, just because I'm superstitious and think that it would cancel passive effects otherwise. Maybe it's become a real thing in 4? :p

Dice

I've never tested this, but I've always made sure that I've got cool/hot drinks working when doing gathering, just because I'm superstitious and think that it would cancel passive effects otherwise. Maybe it's become a real thing in 4? :p
I had that going from camp. Now speed is all that matters to me.

_Isaac

Look around for a hot air balloon and use the wave gesture. It will tell you where he is. At this point he's probably already gone back to 9.

Oh goodness. I didn't even know that was a thing. I ended up finding him anyway. Thanks! Fun game.

PKrockin

Yep! It only works once per quest though.
I actually really like this detail in terms of world building. In 3U the guild seemed to have basically no presence in the world at all. Here with the lookout balloons and the Ace Hunters it feels like the guild actually does have some kind of intelligence network and fellow hunters employed like they're supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom