• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone actually beat the last eggstraction mission without just killing the monster? She won't fucking leave me alone. Even with mega dash juice Imma need every egg-carrying perk and earplugs to do it without killing her first.

Anyone actually beat the last eggstraction mission without just killing the monster? She won't fucking leave me alone. Even with mega dash juice Imma need every egg-carrying perk and earplugs to do it without killing her first.
I did it. was lucky and took several tries.

Can you harvest Super Mushrooms on any of the maps? I'd like to try and get the hammer before this promotion runs out. Do we know how to get Sonic armor for the felyne's? Or hasn't that been released yet?

Shiina

You got a transportation set, right? You really want one, especially because
this isn't actually the last eggstraction mission.

Garou

Can you harvest Super Mushrooms on any of the maps? I'd like to try and get the hammer before this promotion runs out. Do we know how to get Sonic armor for the felyne's? Or hasn't that been released yet?

There will be a DLC-quest in the future for each promotion.

PKrockin

Now that I've hit HR5 rooms I'm finding that a lot of random people just don't have the skills to beat these quests without triple carting.

yami4ct

Now that I've hit HR5 rooms I'm finding that a lot of random people just don't have the skills to beat these quests without triple carting.

Yup. HR5 seems to be the real make or break point for newbies. Either they can figure out the game and move forward, or they quit. The quests before then are easy enough to skirt by, but the game really beats it out of you here. I honestly think it works well in the end, because everyone I've found HR6 and above knows their shit.

Seil

Egg-straction: Final Mission?

I did it with both monsters without fighting them, with no problems.

-Transportr skill(I used a talisman I happened upon, but Loc Lac would do fine).
-Steamed Fish & Dairy for Felyne Supercat and Lander

With all of those, you run faster with the egg, use less stamina(not important if using dash juice), are less likely to drop due to minor staggering and can land from any height without breaking the egg.(this doesn't apply to weird jumps like in the dunes, where you always land on your face jumping from the nest)

Get to the nest, if there's a monster there you can either try your luck grabbing an egg and jumping down, or scaring it off with a dung bomb or something.

If there's nothing at the nest, grab an egg and wait for them to arrive, jump down and enjoy your mostly free run. Repeat, but with a longer route each time.

Edit: Rathian and Rathalos will come to a nest if you take an egg, so it basically clears the path of the biggest obstacles if you grab and wait a few seconds for them to arrive. In other situations, painting and using dung bombs to clear your path and track the monsters can be helpful.

burgerdog

I want to help out the random with his Ukanlos now but I also don't want to spend 35 minutes on it. Anybody able to jump on and help real quick?

68-0881-8990-0368

oakenhild

Let's say I have Health +10 on my armor. If I gem it up another +5, is there any impact, or do I need to get it up to +20 to make a difference? Is it always in multiples of 10, or is a skill boosted by anything above 10?

Let's say I have Health +10 on my armor. If I gem it up another +5, is there any impact, or do I need to get it up to +20 to make a difference? Is it always in multiples of 10, or is a skill boosted by anything above 10?

It's usually 10 and then 15 if there's another level. Some stuff like attack go past 20 for the highest level

ohlawd

go to your skill screen and press Y

yami4ct

Varies based on the skill. Most skills with more than 2 levels go up every 5 points. Attack Up is like this for instance. Health actually only has activations at -15,-10 (Health down) and +10, +15 (Health up). Some skills with only 2 levels take another 10 points to increase and some like Evade Extender only have 1 activation level.

Juraash

Depends on the skill. Some cap out at 10 others go higher usually (possibly always) in increments of 5. Believe health is on of those that has a boost at 15. On your status page you can view skills and press y (I believe it is) and it will specify what skills do and what boosts you get after 10 (if any).

I personal try to kill the guest monster in transport quests but I actually tried just fleeing monoblos for the meteor quest and it worked *mostly got lucky that it decided to zone instead of poke me.

TheGrue

When I hit HR4, a message popped up about enabling ingredients or something. Didn't understand what they meant. Anyone know?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You got a transportation set, right? You really want one, especially because
this isn't actually the last eggstraction mission.
This reminds me. I should really get around to making a gathering set now that gathering is getting good. I have a weapon with 3 slots and a charm with +4 whim, so if I make all leather except for nerscylla pants and an iron belt, I should be able to get gathering god, speed gathering, and spirit's whim... but this would take ALL my bumblepunkpins so far...

Kazerei

Banned
95% affinity feels good

RnXmUas.jpg

So while on hunts sometimes my cat likes to steal the glory by either getting the hit in that cuts a tail or delivers the final blow and I'm like, thanks bro.

Scher

Is it me, or is G-rank Seregios kind of a chump? Just did the urgent to get to G2 for me and a friend, and Seregios was going down in about 15 minutes with just the two of us. Seregios was honestly scary in single player, but that urgent quest was incredibly easy in comparison. Is it just not tuned well for multiplayer?

PKrockin

Guys please, I need to hunt some HR Gravios. Can I get some help?

48-0908-2218-6802
Yo, I can help you wreck Gravios's life. I may have to leave soon though.

Edit: Actually it's probably better if I don't jump into an online game right now just in case. Don't wanna leave you high and dry.

sonicmj1

I helped someone beat the Black Gravios urgent to reach HR6, and then when my turn came, everyone left. Now I'm all alone in this room.

Take pity on me and help me out!

31-4521-1886-9355
No password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom