• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilium

are distorted charms guild quest only? trying to get a Loading charm..

edit: nvm, kiranico lists enduring charms avaible at harvest tours, so i assume distorted is avaible as well.

Kinsei

Banned
Sorry that my guild quest isn't pure Yian Kut-ku :(

So beside Kirin, Yian Kut-ku, and Basarios, what other monsters that exclusive to guild quest?

Low rank and G rank Velocidrome, the subspecies of the monsters mentioned above (there is a high rank Blue Kut-Ku quest and a high rank Oroshi Kirin quest in the caravan though), and low rank and G rank Garuga. I think that's all of them.

burgerdog

Since Monoblos came first, it's technically like Diablos was a less aggressive Monoblos :D.

Although, I'm sure Monoblos is much different in this game than he used to be. I haven't fought him yet. I'm in G1 but I've been too lazy to progress more offline.

I find Monoblos a ton easier than Diablos(3U) and a puppy compared to Black. The thing about Monoblos in 4U is that he's a lot less mobile and stands in place just long enough to get some good hits on it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Farmed Dalamadur for Rebellion Mail, then prepared to farm Shagaru for the Phosgem for a night. Got it on my first kill.

To be honest I might still kill Shagaru a few more time once I finish the honed blade set. Probably my favorite monster in the game.

I already have the phosgem and the rare materials from dalmadur so it's just a matter of me grinding out the easy mats which is bleh.

But I 100% agree with you about Shagaru Magala, definitely my favorite fight in the game sooo damn fun. It's like Gore Magala but better and tighter designed.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Is there a good site that goes in-depth with guides on how to go about using weapons (i.e. insect glaive) and different game mechanics like Palicos?

I know there are a ton of videos but I'd rather read something instead of watching a 15+ min video. Everything I've found so far doesn't go completely in depth and is more like reading jumbled thoughts.

I get Error Code: 006-0612 everytime I try to join any gathering hall. When someone tries to join one I create, they get the same code. I can play local with others without any problems. I have played online with no trouble since release with my Belkin router at my house. All of a sudden I am having problems. I have tried Nintendo's fix and it doesn't work. I have tried restarting my router, still nothing.

I have tried multiple 3DS games and the online play works just fine on all of them, I just have this problem with MH4U. The only other reason I can think of is that I downloaded a very small 3DS system update yesterday after work. That's the only thing that is different that would cause a problem I guess. I even went and deleted the v1.1 patch for the game and that didn't fix anything either. I'm at a loss. :(

Mzo

Is there a good site that goes in-depth with guides on how to go about using weapons (i.e. insect glaive) and different game mechanics like Palicos?

I know there are a ton of videos but I'd rather read something instead of watching a 15+ min video. Everything I've found so far doesn't go completely in depth and is more like reading jumbled thoughts.

I've been meaning to find the same, so I used google for 5 seconds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrzx3ugu3gret58/palico_guide.pdf?dl=0

lyrick

Which is the good Icon? The one that raises affinity.

Status_Effect-Frenzy_Virus_02_MH4_Icon.png

Status_Effect-Frenzy_Virus_03_MH4_Icon.png

VandalD

Thanks. Also, thank you, Shengar. Sheng just gave me a Basarios+Kut-ku. I do still want a Kut-ku by itself, too, though.

Edit: Only 87 kanji and several sentences left to write. Only about 45 minutes left. I can do this.
I've got a low rank and high rank Yian Kut-Ku quest if you still want one.

ilium

trying to get some decent g-rank equipment. anyone up for rathian, desert seltas or tigerstripe zamtrios? (all g1)

27-1915-1154-0268 no pw

Shengar

I get Error Code: 006-0612 everytime I try to join any gathering hall. When someone tries to join one I create, they get the same code. I can play local with others without any problems. I have played online with no trouble since release with my Belkin router at my house. All of a sudden I am having problems. I have tried Nintendo's fix and it doesn't work. I have tried restarting my router, still nothing.

I have tried multiple 3DS games and the online play works just fine on all of them, I just have this problem with MH4U. The only other reason I can think of is that I downloaded a very small 3DS system update yesterday after work. That's the only thing that is different that would cause a problem I guess. I even went and deleted the v1.1 patch for the game and that didn't fix anything either. I'm at a loss. :(

Maybe I shouldn't restart my 3DS, like ever. At least not while MH4U cart inserted in.

Blitzhex

I fixed my issue by going to to connection settings and deleteing>re-adding my router to the 3ds.

Anyway, I can't craft the Narga X armor for some reason. The wycoon doesn't give me an option to trade my g rank zinogre parts for g rank narga parts.

I fixed my issue by going to to connection settings and deleteing>re-adding my router to the 3ds.

Anyway, I can't craft the Narga X armor for some reason. The wycoon doesn't give me an option to trade my g rank zinogre parts for g rank narga parts.
There's probably a quest you have to do first to get the option. I know that's what happened to me at least.

tuffy

I think you need to do the 9 star advanced Guild quest "Bolt of Pink" to unlock that trade option.

Last night, I tried out high-rank Gore Magala in that
unlockable 6* Caravan.
Nope nope nope, not ready for that.

On another note, I've beaten the heck out of Monoblos 3 times now. I remember Diablos being a real threat in MH3U, but so far Monoblos has been weak-sauce. He's one of the easier monsters.

Shengar

Last night, I tried out high-rank Gore Magala in that
unlockable 6* Caravan.
Nope nope nope, not ready for that.

On another note, I've beaten the heck out of Monoblos 3 times now. I remember Diablos being a real threat in MH3U, but so far Monoblos has been weak-sauce. He's one of the easier monsters.

How do you unlocked it?

Also agree with Monoblos being easy. Diablos in MH3U even with that free 50 defense, still giving me nightmares.

Mupod

my problem with Monoblos is I've fought so many Diablos that those are trivial, so a monster that is similar but-not-quite-same throws me off more than it should.

I also kept trying to get its horn stuck and couldn't. I'm determined to see if it's possible. Haven't tried gunning it yet either, wonder if its tail is still super weak to shot type.

brau

Well.. count me impressed on how good the village quests are. I really look forward to each single cutscene upon meeting a new monster, and the fact that they have really nice close up and cinematic angles of your current character. So having an awesome armor really shows off.

I never really cared for the story in MH... but this one i am very very happy with.

Also... Shagaru Magala was awesome!

Now time to keep playing and hunting monsters.... time really flies in this game.

Shiina

my problem with Monoblos is I've fought so many Diablos that those are trivial, so a monster that is similar but-not-quite-same throws me off more than it should.

I also kept trying to get its horn stuck and couldn't. I'm determined to see if it's possible. Haven't tried gunning it yet either, wonder if its tail is still super weak to shot type.

White Monoblos are a bunch tougher than the normal version. Especially in that tiny cave that you meet them.

burgerdog

White Monoblos are a bunch tougher than the normal version. Especially in that tiny cave that you meet them.

Could you recommend me a good handicraft armor set/combo? I decided to make Cera Cymmetry like you suggested a while back. However, that thing doesn't even have white sharpness without handicraft.

I've tried doing that twice. Still nothing. Using the Netgear router at my work, there is no problem at all. So it has to be my Belkin router at home, but it only gives errors on MH4U, no other game has the problem with my home router.

R0ckman

Started a quest with a desert seltas, one guy joined. Figured we'd get it done faster. We begin the hunt, a super frenzied rajang shows up almost immediately. I move on the out sides of the area and circle around to reevaluate the situation. Team mate is still attacking Seltas while completely ignoring Rajang. He mounts and drops the Seltas, I run in get a few hits in it. Rajang crashes into team mate, one hit carts him. He flees from the battle... and flees the elder hall. I shake my head, take the battle into another area and finish the bug off. Was better off soloing it I guess.

I guess its not as bad as having a team mate flee from a move they didn't even get hit with. Just got scared from an intemmidating attack and left the battle. Online can be hilarious at times.

Shiina

Could you recommend me a good handicraft armor set/combo? I decided to make Cera Cymmetry like you suggested a while back. However, that thing doesn't even have white sharpness without handicraft.

I've always went with Honed Blade myself (but I don't play GS). Kaiser X seems popular with GS users. Here's one from GH:

Torso up
Kaiser X chest
Kaiser X arm
Kushala X waist
Torso up

Skills: Sharpness+1, Critical Draw, Punish Draw, Fast Sheath, Negate Cold, plus more! Make sure to gem in critical draw [2] on the chest and add critical draw [1] to another part.

This is the template for GS users. It has +2 in focus and the arm/waist are 3-slots so you can get focus in easily.

I've tried doing that twice. Still nothing. Using the Netgear router at my work, there is no problem at all. So it has to be my Belkin router at home, but it only gives errors on MH4U, no other game has the problem with my home router.

What's the wifi encryption setting on your router?

Also! Anybody interested in farming Rusted Kushala Daora? I don't think I have the quest, though.

Vuze

Wow, desire sensor in full force again. Need one Tigrex Blastheart, got none but got four (!) mantles in the Magma Tigrex runs I did in the past 45mins...

Question:
Shigaru Miyamala (Whatever his name is... the white Gore)- how do you unlock a fight with him after you do his urgent? I need some of his parts but can't find him anywhere.

Kinsei

Banned
Wow, desire sensor in full force again. Need one Tigrex Blastheart, got none but got four (!) mantles in the Magma Tigrex runs I did in the past 45mins...

And I ended up getting one from a head break on my second high rank Molten when I needed fang+'s.

Question:
Shigaru Miyamala (Whatever his name is... the white Gore)- how do you unlock a fight with him after you do his urgent? I need some of his parts but can't find him anywhere.

It's an advanced quest so just keep going on harvest tours and abandoning until the Shagaru quest shows up again.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So any tips for caravaneers challenge?

I can kill the zinogre no issue but by the time I finish dealing with the rajang to fight shaggy I'm basically out of juice.

R0ckman

Was looking for a good set for hammer? I'd like something with KO King and Stamina theif, or maybe marathon runner but I don't want to wear the Testucabra set because of the weaknesses.

Kinsei

Banned
So any tips for caravaneers challenge?

I can kill the zinogre no issue but by the time I finish dealing with the rajang to fight shaggy I'm basically out of juice.

Let Rajang kill Zinogre. I hit Zinogre maybe 10 times and it still went down in under 10 minutes. Furious Rajang doesn't have any new moves so just practice on regular Rajang if it gives you trouble.

Sweet. Will it be Low Rank or High Rank?

Low rank. There is no high rank Shagaru quest in the single player except for the Caravaneer's Challenge.

la_briola

I've always went with Honed Blade myself (but I don't play GS). Kaiser X seems popular with GS users. Here's one from GH:

[...]

Looks good! Heres mine (that I planned out, thank you RNGesus for that charm!):

Hinata Hachi Shin
Kaiser Mail X
Kaiser Vambraces X
Hinata Muneate Shin
Hinata Hakama Shin
-----------------
+4 Diet, +7 Handicraft OOO
-----------------
3x Draw Jewel 2
3x Satisfaction Jewel 1
3x Charger Jewel 1
1x Draw Jewel 1
-----------------
542-752 Def, 17 Fir, -9 Wat, -16 Ice, 2 Thn, -16 Drg

This gives me:

Sharpness +1
Lighteater
Sheath control (Punish draw + Fast Sheath)
Focus
Critical draw

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Let Rajang kill Zinogre. I hit Zinogre maybe 10 times and it still went down in under 10 minutes. Furious Rajang doesn't have any new moves so just practice on regular Rajang if it gives you trouble.

Oh wow awesome, so just kinda run around and force em into each other for about 10 minutes or so? Yeah that sounds like it'd make things way easier. I can totally handle a Rajang and a Shagaru no issue then.

burgerdog

This gives me:

Sharpness +1
Lighteater
Focus
Critical draw

90%(probably more, random number from my ass) of people won't be able to do this because of that talisman, my god.

wiibomb

This gives me:

Sharpness +1
Lighteater
Focus
Critical draw

even if that set is incredibly good, getting that talisman is so impossible that I would kick out of the room anyone with it because I would think it is hacked...

Mupod

I haven't gotten a decent handicraft charm in any MH game since charms were introduced.

I even locked myself into the 3U charm table with the highest possible chance of it.

jorgejjvr

Any one has an idea of what could possibly be the easiest way to get Sharpness + 1? whether it is a certain armor or decorations, I'm guessing armor is the way to go. I'm G rank 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom