• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monoblos is so annoying. A worse Diablos that keeps on stabbing you.

Since Monoblos came first, it's technically like Diablos was a less aggressive Monoblos :D.

Although, I'm sure Monoblos is much different in this game than he used to be. I haven't fought him yet. I'm in G1 but I've been too lazy to progress more offline.

Qurupeke

Since Monoblos came first, it's technically like Diablos was a less aggressive Monoblos :D.

Although, I'm sure Monoblos is much different in this game than he used to be. I haven't fought him yet. I'm in G1 but I've been too lazy to progress more offline.

Oh, I thought both of them came from the same game. Nice to know that.

Oh, I thought both of them came from the same game. Nice to know that.

Oh they did, you just didn't fight Diablos until some time after Monoblos in the first MH.

Edit:

Actually, I just looked it up. I completely forgot things like this happened in the older games. You actually wouldn't unlock the offline Diablos quest ever unless you made at least one piece of Monoblos armor.

Qurupeke

Oh they did, you just didn't fight Diablos until some time after Monoblos in the first MH.

Edit:

Actually, I just looked it up. I completely forgot things like this happened in the older games. You actually wouldn't unlock the offline Diablos quest ever unless you made at least one piece of Monoblos armor.

Interesting but annoying way to unlock a quest. Just like Monoblos.

Dat tongue on pouch action.

Edit: Imagine if you could waste carves with chances to accidentally get your shit back instead of Chameleos materials. Incentive to never get tongued.

I've fought it online where the thievery gets spread around but solo it was absurd. Took my max potions, lifepowders and at least half of my antidotes.

I'd totally forgo carves if it meant not getting robbed blind

Cerity

My gunlance game has changed for the better ever since I tried spamming charged shells instead of thrusts. This weapon is a beast.

All I remember with the GL is sneaking in wyvernfire whenever I could, my GL's were pretty much on cooldown the entire time I was playing through p3rd.

I might revisit it but other weapons call.

I've fought it online where the thievery gets spread around but solo it was absurd. Took my max potions, lifepowders and at least half of my antidotes.

I'd totally forgo carves if it meant not getting robbed blind

When I fought it on psp, I don't remember if it could steal shit like Armorcharms/Powercharms. That shit would make me rage if it could.

All I remember with the GL is sneaking in wyvernfire whenever I could, my GL's were pretty much on cooldown the entire time I was playing through p3rd.

I might revisit it but other weapons call.

Oh man, you reminded me about that auto-guard exploit in P3rd. Gunlances were really OP in that game.

Started working on Sergio's armor and I haven't even got that urgent quest yet lol. Is his armor good for G rank ?

Defense-wise, yes. Skill-wise, I don't really care for it. Edge Lore (Steady Hand) is cool and all but I'd rather have straight damage boosts like Edge Master (Honed Blade).

Edit: Disregard my post, I didn't notice it had 10 slots, like toast said. That's an insane number of slots.

Any help on what I can do to get more Butterfly Beetles?

You can literally only get them from people you send out as Hunters for Hire. So just keep doing that. If you wanna rush it, send 'em out and just keep doing the Steak Your Ground 1* offline quest.

Edit: Oh, yeah, higher ranked quests will have a higher chance of them bringing you butterfly beetles, but the highest probability is only 12%.

jaosobno

You mean a harvest tour? Those also end by turning in a ticket that appears in the supply box after being in the quest for 2 minutes.

The purpose is to be a free gathering quest to just do whatever. You go do whatever, go to camp, turn in the ticket and end the quest at your leisure.

Oh wow, I had no idea ticket appears out of nowhere in the chest. Thx!

Shengar

Man, Regios X set is deadly when you have the right charm. I have a Critical+2 and Earplug set, Attack Up (XL) set, and if I have the gem, I could make a Sharpness+1 and Divine Protection set. That slot number is crazy.

Dat tongue on pouch action.

Edit: Imagine if you could waste carves with chances to accidentally get your shit back instead of Chameleos materials. Incentive to never get tongued.

You know my utmost fear farming Chameleos is that one day I will carved a gem out of it body, then just as the battle goes on it tongue hits me. You know what might be stolen.

ilium

i don't think i can ever live without evade +2/+3 anymore. whenever i'm rolling through pretty much everything i'm like

Can't touch this.

(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh)
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh)

Stop

Hammer Time

(having to listen to this in my head constantly can get annoying tho...)

Man, Regios X set is deadly when you have the right charm. I have a Critical+2 and Earplug set, Attack Up (XL) set, and if I have the gem, I could make a Sharpness+1 and Divine Protection set. That slot number is crazy.

Yep, now that I see those slots, I'm definitely building it.

I'd have Steady Hand, Constitution+2, Negate Bleeding, Critical Eye+4, and Guard Boost.

Psst. This means you're helping me farm it. Though, I won't have much time to play for the next day or two.

Pineconn

Is Blast actually balanced in this game? I finally built the Dios Axe (swax user here) and it still seems... strong. Maybe a better question is: in which instances should I be using a Blast weapon?

How is the Seregios fight in single player? For there last night before having to quit. He looked awesome

I haven't reached it in single player, but considering G rank was a pushover even in just my high rank armor (to be fair, though, it's a damn good set), I doubt he'll be much trouble in singleplayer.

Extremely obvious tells, and impressively tight hitboxes on attacks.

Kinsei

Banned
Is Blast actually balanced in this game? I finally built the Dios Axe (swax user here) and it still seems... strong. Maybe a better question is: in which instances should I be using a Blast weapon?

It's strong, but not overpowered. I generally use blast element for quests with multiple monsters that have different weaknesses.

How is the Seregios fight in single player? For there last night before having to quit. He looked awesome

It's pretty tough the first time you fight it due to it being different from every other monster in the series.

I haven't reached it in single player, but considering G rank was a pushover even in just my high rank armor (to be fair, though, it's a damn good set), I doubt he'll be much trouble in singleplayer.

Extremely obvious tells, and impressively tight hitboxes on attacks.

The thing is you have a terrain advantage in the G rank quest, you don't in the single player quest.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can literally only get them from people you send out as Hunters for Hire. So just keep doing that. If you wanna rush it, send 'em out and just keep doing the Steak Your Ground 1* offline quest.

Edit: Oh, yeah, higher ranked quests will have a higher chance of them bringing you butterfly beetles, but the highest probability is only 12%.

Yeah, I just didn't know if there were certain quests I should send my hunters on. It's the worst item. :(

It's strong, but not overpowered. I generally use blast element for quests with multiple monsters that have different weaknesses.

It's pretty tough the first time you fight it due to it being different from every other monster in the series.

The thing is you have a terrain advantage in the G rank quest, you don't in the single player quest.

What map do you fight him on in single player?

Shengar

Yep, now that I see those slots, I'm definitely building it.

I'd have Steady Hand, Constitution+2, Negate Bleeding, Critical Eye+4, and Guard Boost.

Psst. This means you're helping me farm it. Though, I won't have much time to play for the next day or two.
I hope you ready to scratch my back by farming Molten Tigrex then.

It's quite tiresome as lancer user. since it'll barrage you with attack. I think against Seregios, mobility is much better later on when you figured its pattern.And one other thing, it seems Seregios gives less feedback when attacked by weapon. It feels like.....my attacks were missing

I hope you ready to scratch my back by farming Molten Tigrex then.
It's quite tiresome as lancer user. since it'll barrage you with attack. I think against Seregios, mobility is much better later on when you figured its pattern.And one other thing, it seems Seregios gives less feedback when attacked by weapon. It feels like.....my attacks were missing

Hey, you know my guild halls are always about taking turns scratch--

Err. This metaphor is weird. WE TAKE TURNS PICKING QUESTS.

Shengar

Yeah, Ancient Steppe and all of its jumping spots make it laughably easy to mount Seregios, not even counting how weak it is to mount attack.
Hey, you know my guild halls are always about taking turns scratch--

Err. This metaphor is weird. WE TAKE TURNS PICKING QUESTS.

Not it's not weird, but feel painful somehow
We should farm with Ramyeon so we all three wear Seregios set lol

Yeah, Ancient Steppe and all of its jumping spots make it laughably easy to mount Seregios, not even counting how weak it is to mount attack.

Not it's not weird, but feel painful somehow
We should farm with Ramyeon so we all three wear Seregios set lol

Sounds like fun to me. Though both of you will probably be way beyond it before I can play again.

Edit: Also, I do agree that mounting is too easy on that first g rank regios, but me saying it was a pushover was more referring to how I was able to consistently guard point and capitalize even on our first run. I was surprised, especially since I was half asleep, if you remember.

saturnine

Is there a Basarios quest later in the game? I'm rank 3 online / caravan 5

I need to farm him for a Nibelsnarf set and he won't show up in my expeditions

Kinsei

Banned
This. I'm sure there's a nice GAFfer around that'll give you the guild quest though. Just keep reposting until someone says something. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Kinsei has one.

How did you know?

Post a room Saturnine and I'll give you one before I head to work.

How did you know?

Post a room Saturnine and I'll give you one before I head to work.

Psychic+20.

Actually, I wouldn't mind it either, just so I have every monster available to fight whenever I want. I'll post a room and edit this post with the info. I'm still doing homework but I'll leave it up so Saturn can join whenever.

Edit:

02-3880-7538-3730

Edit 2: Saturnine, I'll be in this room for another hour. I have the quest now (along with a few other expedition exclusive monsters from Elise. Come by if you want 'em. Hell, anyone who wants:

Kirin, Basarios, Garuga, or Ruby Basarios, come in. I won't be very talkative. I have less than 1.5 hours to finish this homework.

Edit 3: Lol, Kinsei, I just realized I don't even have regular Kut-ku. I'd like to get that from you some time. No rush. Not like I wanna farm the chicken for anything. I just want it for completion's sake.

It took an obscene amount of money and items that aren't even listed but I followed Gaijin Hunter's guide for getting effect extender making the same Hazy Caster Insect Glaive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQdXcphlhmc

One thing I'm not sure about is, I only have 2 Power ++ Nectars. Can I just do that last upgrade later when I get some more?
Yep. That's exactly what I did (but I have 9 ++ nectars). I'm actually stick on the lvl 12 upgrade because I need another Lrg Elder Dragonbone. The bug is awesome without it, add honestly the attack boost you will get from the upgrades won't mean much because you send it half the times now anyway.

Now I'm really not sure how I want to hone this weapon...

Grand total to make it to Hazy Caster lvl 11: >400k zenny.

You can farm up the nectars you need in G expeditions fairly quickly. Look for red/blue pine cones on the ground.

Kinsei

Banned
Psychic+20.

Actually, I wouldn't mind it either, just so I have every monster available to fight whenever I want. I'll post a room and edit this post with the info. I'm still doing homework but I'll leave it up so Saturn can join whenever.

Edit:

02-3880-7538-3730

Edit 2: Saturnine, I'll be in this room for another hour. I have the quest now (along with a few other expedition exclusive monsters from Elise. Come by if you want 'em. Hell, anyone who wants:

Kirin, Basarios, Garuga, or Ruby Basarios, come in. I won't be very talkative. I have less than 1.5 hours to finish this homework.

Edit 3: Lol, Kinsei, I just realized I don't even have regular Kut-ku. I'd like to get that from you some time. No rush. Not like I wanna farm the chicken for anything. I just want it for completion's sake.

I can give you one later today after I get home from work if you're still around.

I can give you one later today after I get home from work if you're still around.

Thank you, but I doubt I will be. I really won't have much time to play until either late tomorrow, or possibly even not until Friday.

Edit: Although, if I happen to be on GAF and see you active, I will definitely hop on for a few minutes.

Kinsei

Banned
Thank you, but I doubt I will be. I really won't have much time to play until either late tomorrow, or possibly even not until Friday.

Edit: Although, if I happen to be on GAF and see you active, I will definitely hop on for a few minutes.

I do have Friday off so if you can't make it tonight or tomorrow we'll do it then.

I do have Friday off so if you can't make it tonight or tomorrow we'll do it then.

Thanks. Also, thank you, Shengar. Sheng just gave me a Basarios+Kut-ku. I do still want a Kut-ku by itself, too, though.

Edit: Only 87 kanji and several sentences left to write. Only about 45 minutes left. I can do this.

Shengar

Sorry that my guild quest isn't pure Yian Kut-ku :(

So beside Kirin, Yian Kut-ku, and Basarios, what other monsters that exclusive to guild quest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom