• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerdog

I haven't gotten a decent handicraft charm in any MH game since charms were introduced.

I even locked myself into the 3U charm table with the highest possible chance of it.

200 something hours in 3U and I didn't get a single good charm. So far nothing in 4U as well.

tuffy

I'm feeling the urge to build an array of LBGs to supplement my HBG arsenal, and that means wanting Bonus Shot again, and that means getting some Artian S/X pieces, and apparently that means going on a lot of expeditions. So I guess I'll be busy for awhile.

Any other Bow users here?

I wanna talk Bows cuz I am absolutely wreckin shit and having a blast.

I'm a seasoned veteran and just want to indulge a bit. Just made the Vian Bowfish.... and HOLY COW

Paired it with the Ludroth Set (low rank atm) and a Water Attack +7 charm

So I have

- Water atk +3
- Marathon Runner
- Heat Cancel

My bow stats come to 100 Raw and 500 Water. Its just decimating certain monsters man!

Did High Rank Red Khezu and I swear i was damn near stunlocking the thing

Valus

Any one has an idea of what could possibly be the easiest way to get Sharpness + 1? whether it is a certain armor or decorations, I'm guessing armor is the way to go. I'm G rank 3

Plenty of armor sets have it, especially in G Rank.

I'm using high rank Akantor armor and have it.

I'm feeling the urge to build an array of LBGs to supplement my HBG arsenal, and that means wanting Bonus Shot again, and that means getting some Artian S/X pieces, and apparently that means going on a lot of expeditions. So I guess I'll be busy for awhile.

Let me know how that goes. I've tried twice to grind up Fragments, got bored, bailed.

tuffy

Still waiting for any particularly useful charms to pop up on my mining runs. A lowly 1 slot Evasion +3 charm is about the best I've come up with. But at least I'm being proactive about selling off useless/outclassed ones sooner so that I won't have to go through hundreds of them later on to clean out my box.
Let me know how that goes. I've tried twice to grind up Fragments, got bored, bailed.
It can't possibly be worse than the seemingly endless fishing fleet runs I did in 3 Ultimate. I used those Artian parts for a long time though, so it seemed worth it.

Dreavus

What's the best way to fight Bararios and Gravios? Their armor seems like it covers everywhere. I seem to bounce off their heads even at my highest available sharpness (green).

I got by and killed them with a bunch of jump attacks and mounts with the IG, but I felt like I didn't really learn anything about them.

What's the best way to fight Bararios and Gravios? Their armor seems like it covers everywhere. I seem to bounce off their heads even at my highest available sharpness (green).

I got by and killed them with a bunch of jump attacks and mounts with the IG, but I felt like I didn't really learn anything about them.

Tons of ways!

Sleep bombing, Trap Bombing, Pierce Bows, Pierce Bowguns, Dual Blades to the belly, Sword and Shield Assault (belly and wingtips).

Hammer the Belly....

POISON is pretty effective....

Gunlance and Lance dont need much help...

What are you doing attacking the head?

Kinsei

Banned

For Basarios just spam mounts (if using IG) or keep hitting the stomache. For Gravios break the back ASAP to stop it from releasing gas after every beam. Once that's done attack the stomache (You shouldn't bounce there).

Cool, Ill hit you up around then if thats alright.

No problem, I'm happy to help!

Switch to ranged for those two - they're insanely easy from a range and really weak to water. I recommend getting a basic Jaggi set and using LBG from the Ludroth line that rapid fires Water S. I downed them both in less than 10 minutes the first tries.

so after starting g rank and double carting to tetsucabra (someone else died too) failing the mission I decided to try to get some starter set to then work on a real g rank armor set.

I did a couple of b. gravios quests help people get the next HR rank and for myself as well, enough that I used b gravios to get through HR7 and up to G rank.

so with that I added the konchu vambracecs as suggested and added a slaggoth chest armor, which makes

b gravios head x, Slaggoth chest x, Konchu Arms x, b gravios waist x, b gravios feet x

gemmed and talismans give +50 health, defense up (L), guard boost, recovery speed +1, 535 defense

hopefully I can live long enough now to get parts and make something cooler

ilium

I'm a seasoned veteran and just want to indulge a bit. Just made the Vian Bowfish.... and HOLY COW

So I have

- Water atk +3
- Marathon Runner
- Heat Cancel

My bow stats come to 100 Raw and 500 Water. Its just decimating certain monsters man!

yep, couple bow users around here! currently working on my g-rank-entry-set, which will look something like this:

Nibelsnarf X -
Reload Speed +2
Quick Sheath
Pierce Up
Evasion +2
and Quartzlight Bow

i actually don't want most of those skills, but it's the best i can come up with in early g rank until i get Kushala X with Focus, Evasion 3 and Load Up.

bow is awesome. :)

yep, couple bow users around here! currently working on my g-rank-entry-set, which will look something like this:

Reload Speed +2
Quick Sheath
Pierce Up
Evasion +2
and Quartzlight Bow

i actually don't want most of those skills, but it's the best i can come up with in early g rank until i get Kushala X with Focus, Evasion 3 and Load Up.

bow is awesome. :)

Thats an excellent set.

i wont be able to comment much on G rank until i get there (taking my time and enjoying the game) but I imagine I am gonna shoot for the same stuff

I definitely want a Focus/Loading Set. Marathon Runner is hugely useful for getting the most out of the Stamina hungry Power shot bows.

Tom_Cody

So I have

- Water atk +3
- Marathon Runner
- Heat Cancel

I'm a confirmed archer, but I'm a total rookie so I don't think I have much to add.

ohlawd

k hopefully I don't get called in for work. Mau-chan stealing my night time playing yesterday damn you breh

anyone up for G2? last set of keys and the adv quests.

I'm trying to unlock the Caravan 10 Seregios quest called "1000 Shimmering Swords", according to Kiranico I just need to beat the Desert Seltas quest but it didn't unlock afterwards. Do I need to be G2 or higher for it to unlock or something, I'm G1 right now.

Raide

So I have

- Water atk +3
- Marathon Runner
- Heat Cancel

Fulltime Bow User here. At the start it can be hard to adjust to the different playstyle.

Yeah, that bow can be crazy. Most of the elemental weapons + element up attacks can be damn brutal if used on the right monster. Lightning + KO near enough locks out Rathian and Rathalos. :D Feel story for them sometimes.

I do wish there was more variety in the bows. Power is a great type but I thing having the Wide and Narrow air attack seems a little redundant. They should have come up with a 3rd type of attack to make them all unique.

Definitely gonna max out the

Bowfish (Water Scatter) - Destroys Red Khezu, Garuga, Tetsu etc...

Heartshot (Fire Scatter) - Gypceros, Conga, and others

Prominence (Fire Pierce Power) - So good for Seltas Queen and Nercylla

Daren Bow (Pierce Water) - Pretty much the Gravios/Basarios Killer

Gore Bow (Dragon Scatter) - Wish this was more powerful. Low raw and element but has power shot. Really needs help from skills like Dragon attack and Attack up.

Khezu Bow (Lightning Scatter) - It works. Slow build up and very balanced but doesnt score me fast kill times on Tigrex like I would hope. I need a good rapid thunder bow which is why I am excited for the Zelda DLC

Tigrex Bow (Rapid Raw) - The first one isn't quite as powerful as I remember it being. Needs its first upgrade badly and I need to get Expert up. Still. This thing was my go to KILL EVERYTHING bow in Unite. I think it still has that potential I just need to get the right build

Zamtrios Bow (Rapid Ice) - Solid bow. Just needs help on the element side with Ice Attack up or something. I feel like it does more Raw damage than anything else. Should be solid against Rajang at some point.

What about you guys?

Raide

Gore Bow (Dragon Scatter) - Wish this was more powerful. Low raw and element but has power shot. Really needs help from skills like Dragon attack and Attack up.

Khezu Bow (Lightning Scatter) - It works. Slow build up and very balanced but doesnt score me fast kill times on Tigrex like I would hope. I need a good rapid thunder bow which is why I am excited for the Zelda DLC

Tigrex Bow (Rapid Raw) - The first one isn't quite as powerful as I remember it being. Needs its first upgrade badly and I need to get Expert up. Still. This thing was my go to KILL EVERYTHING bow in Unite. I think it still has that potential I just need to get the right build

Zamtrios Bow (Rapid Ice) - Solid bow. Just needs help on the element side with Ice Attack up or something. I feel like it does more Raw damage than anything else. Should be solid against Rajang at some point.

What about you guys?

Everything.gif. :D

cheesekao

So tried a few online matches for the first time and for whatever bloody reason reason some people like staying at 25%~ hp. It's like they're trying to fail the quest.
They did.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm trying to unlock the Caravan 10 Seregios quest called "1000 Shimmering Swords", according to Kiranico I just need to beat the Desert Seltas quest but it didn't unlock afterwards. Do I need to be G2 or higher for it to unlock or something, I'm G1 right now.

Yeah, Seregios requires G2.

ilium

What about you guys?

looks solid i'd say. is going to be super expensive tho! ;) definitely late endgame.
so until i have the money to max out my elemental bow collection i'm going with Seregio's Bow and Quartzlight. great all-rounder for solo and group play.

armor wise probably going with:

Ukanlos Fangs X
Kushala Vise X
Kushala Embrace X
Kushala Wind Wrap X
Kushala Shank X

Load Up, Focus, Evasion 1, Marathon Runner (or Evasion 3, but no Marathon Runner)

looks solid i'd say. is going to be super expensive tho! ;) definitely late endgame.
so until i have the money to max out my elemental bow collection i'm going with Seregio's Bow and Quartzlight. great all-rounder for solo and group play.

armor wise probably going with:

Ukanlos Fangs X
Kushala Vise X
Kushala Embrace X
Kushala Wind Wrap X
Kushala Shank X

Load Up, Focus, Evasion 1, Marathon Runner (or Evasion 3, but no Marathon Runner)

If I use the Regios bow I am definitely using marathon runner. Helps so much on Power shots. Well that or Stamina recovery.

Juices almost seem like cheating but you could also go that route with Lasting Power...

Insect glaive has definitely replaced longsword as the weapon I least like to see other party members using. So many terrible people using that in co op. Just did a hunt with three glaive hunters, all of which spent the entire time vaulting to try and mount the monster. I think it was maybe 1 in 5 tries that one of them landed it, but none of them knew how to press R to hold on, and sometimes they would continue to vault at it even when one of them was mounted.

Successful topples? Zero! Number of kinsect buffs between the three? Zero! Zinogre tails cut? Zero!

I want to believe there are some ace insect glaive users out there; GAF please regale me with tales and restore my faith in the weapon!

ilium

If I use the Regios bow I am definitely using marathon runner. Helps so much on Power shots. Well that or Stamina recovery.

Juices almost seem like cheating but you could also go that route with Lasting Power...

i guess that's why they gave one of the more annoying monsters the only drop for dash extract. ;)

Insect glaive has definitely replaced longsword as the weapon I least like to see other party members using. So many terrible people using that in co op. Just did a hunt with three glaive hunters, all of which spent the entire time vaulting to try and mount the monster. I think it was maybe 1 in 5 tries that one of them landed it, but none of them knew how to press R to hold on, and sometimes they would continue to vault at it even when one of them was mounted.

Successful topples? Zero! Number of kinsect buffs between the three? Zero! Zinogre tails cut? Zero!

I want to believe there are some ace insect glaive users out there; GAF please regale me with tales and restore my faith in the weapon!

Its such a fascinating thing seeing such a technical weapon used so simply. Its a deceptive new toy lol

R0ckman

I rarely see people with it online, when I do they aren't THAT bad. I usually spend my time getting buffs, then toppling at the right times.

Kinsei

Banned

When you start fighting Teostra you'll love them. He has a one hit kill attack with absolutely no tell and the only way to stop it is to mount him every time he goes into rage mode.

Qurupeke

Long sword is the best weapon. (Or at least the most cool looking...)

R0ckman

When you start fighting Teostra you'll love them. He has a one hit kill attack with absolutely no tell and the only way to stop it is to mount him every time he goes into rage mode.

Yeah, that's the move that scared one of the hunters on my team off. He high tailed it out of the hunt and then out of the guild hall.

Mupod

i guess that's why they gave on of the more annoying monster the only drop for dash extract. ;)

I remember my early days of MHF2 when I was still struggling with the game - Gypceros was one of the only things I could farm easily. It just got demolished by a fire LS. So I farmed it because I could.

Much later on I started using hammers and DS frequently, and it was convenient to have endless mega juice by then. I don't have the kind of dedication to farm 50+ gypceros these days. And regarding DS I think it's been nerfed substantially with mega juice anyways. I'm going to try my infinite Chameleos fire DS stunlock trick anyways, for old times' sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom