• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastos

Seregios just wants your attention, senpai. Him being in the Garuga quest was annoying though
mSsciOi.gif

NOOOOO

jorgejjvr

So, what do the bronze, silver, and gold crowns mean near the name of G rank players? How do you acquire them?

Also, would anyone be interested in helping me obtain my Gogmazios urgent and/or just doing G3 quests?

NOTE: I have a level 101 G rank pure (not chaos) Gore Magala guild quest if anyone is interested. So far I've only seen the chaos one in G3.

-Alternis

Juraash

Spent last night farming/practicing Stygian Zinogre offline to prep for my push through the keys in HR6. Got an umbrage and crafted the gunner set for my occasional bow play. It's amazing what some practice and being able to eat off the negative dragon resist on my armor can do. The Zinogre line was my bane in 3U and I really love fighting them now.

Put my push to G on hold to wrap up the upgrades for the Wycoon and the kitchen. Still hoping to get there by weeks end, but we'll see, solo isn't particularly hard but it is time consuming.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Gore Magala is a completely unfun monster and I hate him. He's the only one in the game so far.

Do you never have to fight him again after HR2?

Dice

Nope, you get to fight even harder versions of him.
"Get to" is different from "have to" which is what I am wondering about.

No, but you have to fight Shagaru Magala and Chaotic Gore Magala.
Shagaru wasn't bad. Gore is just game-ruining for me. I fight him and then become disgusted with the game and don't want to play it anymore.

Cerity

Gore's a HR5 key so yeah.

Dude's cute though, big dog that bounds everywhere. And spits exploding frenzy clouds all over the place.

Kinsei

Banned
"Get to" is different from "have to" which is what I am wondering about.

Shagaru wasn't bad. Gore is just game-ruining for me. I fight him and then become disgusted with the game and don't want to play it anymore.

How long has it been since you've fought Gore? It's just an easier version of Shagaru.

Dice

He's not easier. He's a massive pain in the ass. Gore is far more hectic and view-blocking and trampling and exploding than Shagaru. I just fought him again to finish HR2 and failed. Probably would have survived if I went melee and used power up items like I did the other times I fought him, but victory doesn't change the fact that fighting him is completely unfun in every way possible.

He's not easier. He's a massive pain in the ass. Gore is far more hectic and view-blocking and trampling and exploding than Shagaru. I just fought him again to finish HR2 and failed. Probably would have survived if I went melee and used power up items like I did the other times I fought him, but victory doesn't change the fact that fighting him is completely unfun in every way possible.

I personally think everybody has that 1 monster that always can get the better of them. Maybe Gore is yours for now?

Kinsei

Banned

Shagaru has all of Gore's attacks and it hits harder. That automatically makes it harder to me.

Dice

I personally think everybody has that 1 monster that always can get the better of them. Maybe Gore is yours for now?
If I play melee I just slice his balls apart till he's dead. It's simple, but that is not a fun fight. It's just endless scurrying and two-shotting before he moves again while basically just guessing you're in the right spot since the camera is so far zoomed in the entire time and he has massive wing arm things.

Playing ranged you can't really sit under his balls so it's just running away until he gives you an opening for like 2 shots once every 40 seconds, and then much more running and waiting for chances long enough to reload. It just takes fucking forever and it's nothing but annoying the whole time because he's spamming everything he has nonstop and any one hit will take 40-70% of your life.

There is no "for now" because I'm never going to bother mastering him because there is nothing fun about it to want to fight him that much, and the payoff would only be more mindlessly/instinctually fighting a still-shitty fight.

I get hating fighting Rathalos or Khezu since they supplement their limited movesets with cheese (roaring + wind pressure) but Gore is pretty fair. Just hang out behind it's hind legs. Since Shagaru moves around so much it's not as easy. Also between the deflecting orbs and the explosions. Wait, how the hell is Shagaru easier?

bobohoro

I get hating fighting Rathalos or Khezu since they supplement their limited movesets with cheese (roaring + wind pressure) but Gore is pretty fair. Just hang out behind it's hind legs. Since Shagaru moves around so much it's not as easy. Also between the deflecting orbs and the explosions. Wait, how the hell is Shagaru easier?

This I don't get. Shaggy is basically a more violent and relentless Gore with fucking random explosions everywjere at times.

I find both monsters incredibly fun, awesome looking and they make some pretty stylish equipment, and guardpointing their energy balls straight into their face is entertaining.

Volcynika

May need some assistance tonight (in central US timezone) or tomorrow (not sure when I'll be free yet) on HR3, need to beat (and farm) Brachydios, and prolly some Rathalos.

jorgejjvr

This I don't get. Shaggy is basically a more violent and relentless Gore with fucking random explosions everywjere at times.

I find both monsters incredibly fun, awesome looking and they make some pretty stylish equipment, and guardpointing their energy balls straight into their face is entertaining.

It's like saying I think the regular deviljho is harder than the savage one.

-Alternis

bobohoro

Is there another video detailing guard points besides Gaijin Hunter?

Did you look at his training video too, or only the CB tutorial? Because the training video, I think, gets it across pretty well and everything else is down to you experimenting with it and getting the feel/timing right.

Juraash

Wind pressure seems like such a bigger bitch than it used to be. But I agree with Gore, he actually is pretty fair and use the same start as you. I actually mopped him up in High Rank without even really noticing a spike in difficulty, unlike some other monsters.

tuffy

They both reminds me of mini Alatreons, in a way. Similar movesets and lots of big tells. Gore's the sort of fight I can really get in the zone with and have a nice satisfying hunt.

Okay, from release day until yesterday, I was able to play online with my Belkin router at home with WPA. My New 3DS had a small system update yesterday and now I get an error code when trying to join a gathering hall or someone tries to join one I created.

At work, I can connect online with a Netgear router with WPA. I can join gathering halls and create them with no error code. No problems at all. I hooked up a new Netgear router at home, replacing my Belkin. I can connect the 3DS just fine, access the eShop, and play other 3DS games online with no problem. Although, I still have the same error code on MH4U. New router, still the same problem.

I am truly confused by what would be wrong. It's not a game or system problem. Is there anyone here that can shed some light on this or help in any way possible? Anything would be appreciated, thank you.

R0ckman

Randoms can't handle pink ian lol.

How are you guys getting horrible players? I only get maybe ONE in a blue moon. Other than that, everyone is able to adapt and work together on the fly. Only time it got kind of annoying is when I was with a group trying to break Rajangs horns and they just kept killing him quickly.

Airan

Oh man, that high rank caravan
Rusted Kushala Daora defense
fight was FUN. Super gimmicky but I really enjoyed
having the Ace Hunters back me up. Makes me wish we could employ AI hunters ala Freedom Wars, but I can deal with cats :D

Aight, time to crack on with G-rank.

[edit]I just had a thought... should I be gearing up my meownster hunters? If so, gearing them has just become a little more expensive D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom