• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Did you look at his training video too, or only the CB tutorial? Because the training video, I think, gets it across pretty well and everything else is down to you experimenting with it and getting the feel/timing right.
I watched both. I'm looking for other guard point tips besides the transition animation gp. Like stuff for A+X and other ones I may not know about.

Oh man, that high rank caravan
Rusted Kushala Daora defense
fight was FUN. Super gimmicky but I really enjoyed
having the Ace Hunters back me up. Makes me wish we could employ AI hunters ala Freedom Wars, but I can deal with cats :D

Aight, time to crack on with G-rank.

[edit]I just had a thought... should I be gearing up my meownster hunters? If so, gearing them has just become a little more expensive D:

I don't think you can gear the cats for the minigame.

How are you guys getting horrible players? I only get maybe ONE in a blue moon. Other than that, everyone is able to adapt and work together on the fly. Only time it got kind of annoying is when I was with a group trying to break Rajangs horns and they just kept killing him quickly.

In general I find randoms ok but they are not lasting long against pinky.

33 6597 3236 1025. If anyone wants to help.

Iryx

I agree with Shagaru being easier than Gore, at least in low rank. The main reason for that though for me is how you have to fight though, you go after the tail in his normal form, but he has his wings around it, acting kind of like a shield, and he keeps turning all the time, then in his Frenzy mode you have to go after his horns, or you won't get them to break, so you have to take a bigger risk going at him from the front, and his wings are now in front of him making it harder to attack his head from the side.

Shagaru is more lenient in when you need to go for specific parts, so you can take it easier, the only real bad stuff Shagaru has is the Flying Swoop into turnaround rushdown and the Virus Spouts. It also helps that the map you fight Shagaru is much better for the fight than the one you fight Gore in.

G-rank Shagaru sucks tough, he has millions of Virus Spouts and they never stop appearing.

Highwind

This is starting to get hilarious/tedious.

So many rooms getting cleared out by G Rank Akantor that I've only been able to get one successful hunt and that's when I told everyone to bring:

Flash Bombs
Combines for Flash Bombs
Lifepowders
Combines for Lifepowders

Aside from that hunt I haven't been able to get another room to do it.

#TheStruggle

I was starting to burn out on this game, the quickest ever since Portable 3rd, but then I realized I hadn't leveled up all my food. Doing that now. I need a break from trying to kill Silver Los.

bobohoro

I watched both. I'm looking for other guard point tips besides the transition animation gp. Like stuff for A+X and other ones I may not know about.

I don't even know if there are any more viable GPs outside of R+X into Axe or R into Sword. And I don't think you'd need any, since you can always chain into at least one of the two moves.

My EZ-Bake guard point tutorial: map kick to start/select, trivialize the timing for guard point

Also this. While you can accidentally fuck up your R+X into axe input, this method makes that a non-issue.

Kick, while weapon is drawn, changes into your special input. In the case of the CB, that's the R+X into axe attack.

Juraash

So do the guild quests stop leveling if you aren't a certain HR? I haven't experimented with this at all but could you level say...a velocidrome or kut Ku quest to g-rank levels before hitting g rank proper? I'm not sure it'd be feasible to do it( or worthwhile), it was more just a general thought I had about that stuff. I have to imagine there is so you don't semi-trivialize the end of high rank.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So do the guild quests stop leveling if you aren't a certain HR? I haven't experimented with this at all but could you level say...a velocidrome or kut Ku quest to g-rank levels before hitting g rank proper? I'm not sure it'd be feasible to do it( or worthwhile), it was more just a general thought I had about that stuff. I have to imagine there is so you don't semi-trivialize the end of high rank.
I thought it just locked you out of doing it until you do reach G ranks.

The minimum HR / G-rank Permit requirement goes up every time you level a guild quest past a difficulty breakpoint.

Cerity

Hunting these Gravios with this Seltas CB just feels like animal cruelty.

GP a roar -> sneak in a burst -> Knock over the gravios
GP a fart -> sneak in a burst -> Stagger the gravios
GP a beam -> sneak in a burst -> Knock out the gravios

Guess I could go take on b.gravios for the HR6 Urgent with this but I'd rather do it with a bow.

la_briola

I need some advice... finished every single low level quest I could find, but no "The Caravaneer's Challenge" for me.
Also, the check mark for 6* is blue and not red, so I'm missing something, but I can't find any speech bubbles.

Any ideas?

edit: found it, the grand guru is back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom