• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay so I'm on high rank caravan now, but a lot of upgrades require parts from upgraded old monsters like G.Jaggi Claw+ so do those only show up in HR guild or does anything I fight now on expeditions count as HR or what?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Okay so I'm on high rank caravan now, but a lot of upgrades require parts from upgraded old monsters like G.Jaggi Claw+ so do those only show up in HR guild or does anything I fight now on expeditions count as HR or what?
You need HR; they appear in Caravan 7 or Guild 4.

Alric

Yeah the + version of parts comes from HR monsters. You'll basically fight tougher versions of the same monster and get newer/upgraded materials.

bobohoro

You will unlock HR expeditions when you reach HR4 as well, they will show up as an extra option on the world map.

HR G.Jaggi don't have a quest in the caravan I believe, but there is one with two to hunt in HR4.

Seil

You will unlock HR expeditions when you reach HR4 as well, they will show up as an extra option on the world map.

HR G.Jaggi don't have a quest in the caravan I believe, but there is one with two to hunt in HR4.

He appears in the HR A. Steppes harvest tour in caravan I believe. One of the harvest tours if nothing else.

Question. I'm trying to farm ruby basarios but I'm kinda worried I'll do it too much and get locked out of the quest too soon so my question is when will I be given the boot?

Juraash

Just finished the HR6 Brachidyos key. That dude almost broke me. He was like my second triple cart in 120 hours but holy shit he almost took me out. If it weren't for a felyne defender proc I'd have been toast. He's definitely one of my weaker hunts and I had a hard time feeling safe enough to attack, especially towards the end of the fight.

Got my S. Magala urgent to move on to HR7. I'll probably crack at it solo to see if I can, but I have my reservations. I feel like I'm a decent player, but I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to do solo.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I dont have a new 3ds so obviously I've been using the digital dpad but oh my god I never realized you could resize the digital dpad to a size where it was actually usable!!

HvaNNSd.jpg

This is so much better.

R0ckman

During quests, I notice people leaving if a person gets one shotted. Are these people rage quitting due to loss of a perfect run or getting scared away? Sometimes it triggers a dropout chain.

During quests, I notice people leaving if a person gets one shotted. Are these people rage quitting due to loss of a perfect run or getting scared away? Sometimes it triggers a dropout chain.

Those players probably concluded that that under-geared player will probably get triple carted before they finish the quest so they'll cut their losses instead.

R0ckman

Just finished the HR6 Brachidyos key. That dude almost broke me. He was like my second triple cart in 120 hours but holy shit he almost took me out. If it weren't for a felyne defender proc I'd have been toast. He's definitely one of my weaker hunts and I had a hard time feeling safe enough to attack, especially towards the end of the fight.

Got my S. Magala urgent to move on to HR7. I'll probably crack at it solo to see if I can, but I have my reservations. I feel like I'm a decent player, but I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to do solo.

Soloing in some cases is easier, because you have more control of the monsters. I don't reccomend it though. Boring as hell.

Dice

I dont have a new 3ds so obviously I've been using the digital dpad but oh my god I never realized you could resize the digital dpad to a size where it was actually usable!!

This is so much better.
This makes a huuuuuge difference. My LBG game just got twice as good.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Getting one-shot? I'd probably leave, too. Undergeared to that extreme is a liability.

This is so much better.

Not having too much an issue with the default size on my XL but I still went ahead and ordered an LL CPP last week.

Dice

Soloing in some cases is easier, because you have more control of the monsters. I don't reccomend it though. Boring as hell.
Indeed. I'm burning out on solo. I'm looking at HR3 like... but I fought all those so much already... I think all my guild will be online from here on out.

Overall though I'm also kind of burning out on playing on shitty 3DS. I made the mistake of watching Wii U videos and I'm like oh man it would be so nice using a real controller and having a decent resolution.

Cerity

Came in overprepared for the HR6 B.Gravios, made tetsu armour and the speartuna bow ( 96 raw/360 water!), gemmed in Reload speed and Evade dist+ thanks to a charm I had. Cleared it in 12 mins.

This is so much better.

I actually made mine as big as I could when I was using it hah.

Juraash

Yeah, I'm guilty of playing 100s of hours of this series and never playing with anyone. Really hoping to change that this time though.

That being said I smoked S. Magala pretty hard and managed to hit HR7. I'm so close to G I can taste it.

Mupod

finally unlocked caravan Daora and beat him twice, he's still an asshole. Never knew his wind could bat your bullets back at you.

Sped up my clear times significantly on the second run but I got a plan for the third - it gives you throwing knives when you complete the subquest, so I can combine for sleep knives and sleep bomb his head. Once it's broken the wind isn't as strong and it should knock a nice chunk of his hp off. This would be a lot easier if my gun had poison shots, but the whole reason I'm fighting him is to make a more versatile weapon.

I can't complain because I already got a daora gem on my second kill. Only need a couple carapaces and elder dragon bloods and I'll have my Daora Grande. That should be more than enough to deal with HR7.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any tips on soloing Gore Magala? He's been enraged for the past 10 minutes. I can't get close to him and it's starting to get un-fun.

Mupod

Any tips on soloing Gore Magala? He's been enraged for the past 10 minutes. I can't get close to him and it's starting to get un-fun.

enraged as in his feelers are out and he's in that different stance? You need to damage his head to knock him out of that. Mounting or a trap is how I usually do it.

Cerity

If he's got his feelers out, smash his head a couple times, even if you can't manage it straight away it gets easier to knock him out of that mode the longer it gets.

If he's enraged out of that, try mounting.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
enraged as in his feelers are out and he's in that different stance? You need to damage his head to knock him out of that. Mounting or a trap is how I usually do it.

Feelers are out. I keep trying to get close, but he shot that fire blast 3 times in a row. Other times, he just insta-jump slams me. Online, it wasn't nearly this bad. But solo is just blah.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That monster is the goddamn devil, Shugaru is even worse though. Use a trap to get him in one place then wail away until he leaves rage mode. Sadly that won't work on his upgraded form because fuck you, that's why.

Juraash

Breaking his feelers (the horns on his head) will bring him out of enrage. Not sure what weapon you're using but you might consider trapping him and wailing on his head. Also trying to get him near ledges so you can mount/topple him is good too. He'll come to you if you aren't chasing him all over the place.

General tips would be to stay near his ass once you have his movement down more. It's reasonably safe and you can get some good hits on him. Also punish when he usues his breath attacks. If you aren't directly in front of him the time should at least let you close the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom