• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get used to the hammer instead of using CB or IG. It's great fun smashing monster's faces in, especially in guild hall with others. But I still need lots of practice in solo play.

burgerdog

Is tehre a buff spreadsheet somewhere? I can never remember combos, and I hate cycling through everything till I find it. Yes, I'm lazy lol.

If you find one let me know, do bread + fish or veggies then cycle through the options to get the different elemental buffs.

Peru

Indeed. I'm burning out on solo. I'm looking at HR3 like... but I fought all those so much already... I think all my guild will be online from here on out.

If you played the gathering hall quests solo it's no wonder you found Gore more annoying since its difficulty is scaled for 2,5 players. Village will keep giving you new monsters and varieties for a long time for your solo hunting.

thefil

Any advice for Frenzy Brachydios? I'm really struggling. After he kills me once, I die in two hits with my reduced health bar. The moves that tend to get me are his horn stab with the chain explosions (generally when he has me backed into a corner) and his leap where he punches the ground, which he will chain so that he hits you again as soon as you get up from the first.

Seil

Also, saw a subquest to suppress frenzy. How do I even do that? Is it worth attempting?

You need a Wystone which you gain access to via progress in the caravan. You can equip a Wystone at the Wyceum in Dundorma after unlocking it. They act like an unlimited use item on quests that give you a temporary buff then go on cooldown. The Force wystone, for example, has a short duration and cooldown and buffs your attack against frenzied monsters. It also helps fight off the virus and, if you deal enough damage, will knock the monster out of frenzy state temporarily.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Kuhsala Caravan fight was fun; totally didn't listen to the game and fought in on the ground, mounted it and stuff.

Ken

Registering equipment sets will save the decorations right? So if I change the decorations on the armor piece it won't affect the registered equipment set?

Reknoc

Yeah I'm not marking. I think I need to see some high level videos of it or something because yesterday I was doing the Kecha Wacha arena with my friend like 10 times with the IG, trying to get S-Rank, and some rounds I just practiced the red+white the whole time, but closest we came was 5 minutes (S is 4).

The kinsect in the area is fucking garbage, good luck getting anything from that guy. When you use IG for real it gets much easier as you're going to pump your little guy full of speed steroids.

Although, I found Kecha's red to be pretty tough to get in general.

VandalD

Any advice for Frenzy Brachydios? I'm really struggling. After he kills me once, I die in two hits with my reduced health bar. The moves that tend to get me are his horn stab with the chain explosions (generally when he has me backed into a corner) and his leap where he punches the ground, which he will chain so that he hits you again as soon as you get up from the first.
Regular Brachydios is tricksy enough, but frenzy makes him ridiculous. Bring Mega Nutrients with you for post-cart action. I don't even try hitting him while he's enraged. One of the hardest ones I've faced so far.

upandaway

Getting into a groove with the Charge Blade. Still can't pull off any automatic guards (at least on purpose), but everything else is so fun. Reminds me of the Gunlance in how addicting it is to just smack the monster around.

I tried the Insect Glaive in the arena and I thought my Kinsect was drunk at first because whenever I sent it out it would just lazily fly off to the side and stay there for a while before returning.

But I found if you hold X the end of your glaive will glow and when you let go of the button it will actually fly at what you're aiming at. So there's that if you're having trouble getting extracts from big monsters.

upandaway

The kinsect in the area is fucking garbage, good luck getting anything from that guy. When you use IG for real it gets much easier as you're going to pump your little guy full of speed steroids.

Although, I found Kecha's red to be pretty tough to get in general.
Oh alright, I'll lay off that for now then.

But then I have no clue how to get S-Rank in that arena. We've been trying all day yesterday, closest we got was 4:27 with LBG+DS.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you played the gathering hall quests solo it's no wonder you found Gore more annoying since its difficulty is scaled for 2,5 players.
i5WmFgdFjOth6.gif

Reknoc

I tried the Insect Glaive in the arena and I thought my Kinsect was drunk at first because whenever I sent it out it would just lazily fly off to the side and stay there for a while before returning.

But I found if you hold X the end of your glaive will glow and when you let go of the button it will actually fly at what you're aiming at. So there's that if you're having trouble getting extracts from big monsters.

Huh...

huh

hm

Seil

Eh? Charging causes it to fly the same direction as not charging. It's just faster and stronger when charged. Either way it'll fly straight ahead of where your character is facing.*

Edit: *Or toward the location you have marked.

PKrockin

Speaking of, I'm a bit disappointed in how almost nobody seems the slightest bit interested in non-key quests. Take some time to stop and smell the roses, y'all. I'm sure you got at least 1.5 years to get to HR999 or whatever before the next Monster Hunter comes out in the West. :p

Reknoc

Oh alright, I'll lay off that for now then.

But then I have no clue how to get S-Rank in that arena. We've been trying all day yesterday, closest we got was 4:27 with LBG+DS.

It's a great weapon but sometimes I have some really "off" days with it where nothing seems to go right and I can't get any of the essences lol

Also @ me if you're on later this evening!

Seil

It's a great weapon but sometimes I have some really "off" days with it where nothing seems to go right and I can't get any of the essences lol

"Why the hell can't I get red?"

"IT JUST KEEPS MOVING ITS HEAD SLIGHTLY OUT OF THE WAY EVERY TIME!"

*mounts and gets all essence*

"Woo! Triple buff!"

*monster flies off*

VandalD

Room for 1. Going to S. Magala urgent.

Help please :)

53-2705-5309-4149
That was a lot of fun, man. Thanks for helping out!
Speaking of, I'm a bit disappointed in how almost nobody seems the slightest bit interested in non-key quests. Take some time to stop and smell the roses, y'all. I'm sure you got at least 1.5 years to get to HR999 or whatever before the next Monster Hunter comes out in the West. :p
My thinking is that I can always go back and do them with better gear if I don't need to farm their monsters for loot. Not against doing them. Just when I'm soloing stuff in particular, I only try to do the key quests. I'm sure I'll get them done at some point.

Reknoc

"Why the hell can't I get red?"

"IT JUST KEEPS MOVING ITS HEAD SLIGHTLY OUT OF THE WAY EVERY TIME!"

*mounts and gets all essence*

"Woo! Triple buff!"

*monster flies off*

The other day I tried to get an attack buff from one of the small monsters while the main one was sleeping. Took me so long to actually get the buff when I turned around it had already woken up lol

:(

Cerity

Setup a relaxed hunting lobby yesterday and managed to snag a G3 dude just going through the HR4-5 quests for completions sake. It was actually pretty chill, we got to farm a bit while he went gangbusters on everything with his gear.

Kyzon

That was a lot of fun, man. Thanks for helping out!

My thinking is that I can always go back and do them with better gear if I don't need to farm their monsters for loot. Not against doing them. Just when I'm soloing stuff in particular, I only try to do the key quests. I'm sure I'll get them done at some point.

No prob. Had fun.

Night.

Reknoc

GOTTA RAISE THAT HR!

I'll probably do a full clean out when I'm done with HR7 or whatever vanilla guild was (still only HR3 lol)

upandaway

ylnEOpO.png

Almost ready to move on, my rust is more or less off. I just did Tetsu relying on the supply items only, so my challenge run got a second wind, definitely gonna try and keep it going without mega potions.

I'm gonna be at home all day (for the next ~10 hours) ready anytime, but all I have online to do is that one arena and HR1 monsters

Reknoc

ylnEOpO.png

Almost ready to move on, my rust is more or less off. I just did Tetsu relying on the supply items only, so my challenge run got a second wind, definitely gonna try and keep it going without mega potions.

I'm gonna be at home all day (for the next ~10 hours) ready anytime, but all I have online to do is that one arena and HR1 monsters

Cool, I won't be back home until about 6pm GMT. Cool with doing HR1 stuff, good to stock up on scrub monster parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom