• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to join me for HR key quests? HR3

Gathering Hall ID: 19-2587-0714-7151

Agenda:
-Seltas Queen (Royal Guard)
-Tigrex (Tigrex Tough Love)
-Gravios (Temper Tantrum)
-Rathalos capture (Royal Audience)
-Zinogre (Tuff Turf)

Anyone want to join me for HR key quests? HR3

Gathering Hall ID: 19-2587-0714-7151

Agenda:
-Seltas Queen (Royal Guard)
-Tigrex (Tigrex Tough Love)
-Gravios (Temper Tantrum)
-Rathalos capture (Royal Audience)
-Zinogre (Tuff Turf)

Join our hall! We're about to do HR3 keys right now; just beat Gore.

Cheesekao, sorry about the cart!

I posted this last night:

In general I find randoms ok but they are not lasting long against pinky.

33 6597 3236 1025. If anyone wants to help.

Shortly afterwards 2 people came into the room, one was HR 40ish and another had a mixed armor set decorated to give sharpness +1 and sharpener (I might be getting these mixed up). After a steady stream of people in mish-mash LR armor with no active skills this was a pleasant surprise! Were they Gaffers or did the stars align?

Blitzhex

My ultimate lance set is complete.
+ 3 Evasion
+ Evade Extender
+ 1 Sharpness
+ Weakness Exploit
+ Sneak (random)

Now to learn how to evade lance.. coming from guard wide shot gunlancing.

Cerity

This goddamn troll iodrome, solo'ing HR6 B.Tigrex and it just constantly pops into the area to be an ass. Carted twice in the first 5 minutes because of it.

I finally get B.Tigrex down enough for a cap, lay a trap and the motherfucker comes out of nowhere again. Tiggy decides to charge at my cats and then me but in the mean time the Iodrome has been making his way over and just as tigrex starts charging the Iodrome runs into my bloody trap. Dung bombed it away and just waited for the tigrex to go to the next area before setting my next trap.

Would have hunted it's ass down as well if I hadn't carted twice before.

Reknoc

I really like Konchus. Sure their rolypoly design makes them annoying like every bug monster but it's neat when you're fighting a big monster and they're just crawling all over it.

Waikis

Stupid question, is HR8 the same as G1? If not, how do I access HR8?

Also, how come I cant see the akantor and teostra quest anymore in HR7????

Demoli

How do you get fatalis fight in single player low rank caravan? I've done everything but the caravaneer's challenge, is that what you need to complete to unlock?

Godan

Not really played much of this from when I got it. Got to the second village and done the Gypceros quest. Going to just start playing online now should I do a lot of the first batch of quests myself? When should I look to start playing with others?

Edit: Also going a long sword main. Is this a good choice as it seems like forever to upgrade any of it.

Peru

Not really played much of this from when I got it. Got to the second village and done the Gypceros quest. Going to just start playing online now should I do a lot of the first batch of quests myself? When should I look to start playing with others?

Edit: Also going a long sword main. Is this a good choice as it seems like forever to upgrade any of it.

You can try out online whenever you want, the first quests there aren't particularly hard. That said as a beginner I recommend doing a lot of solo village stuff, at the very least while you're also doing online. It teaches you how to fight well better than multiplayer and gives you memorable moments taking beasts down on your own.

Pila

Does MH4U use peer to peer for gathering halls? I have a feeling that my internet provider has blocked peer to peer, that would explain why I can not connect to any game.

I guess that's the case, my ISP blocks MH at given hours, it doesn't connect at all when they say so. It works during my lunch breaks or by night but it doesn't at 6 PM for example. I guess they just block all p2p stuff, nice.

I'm playing with a LTE hotspot so I'm covered anyway but I think I'll change ISP just for that, they're very rude at phone and they refuse to admit they block p2p, they told me "it's the game server having issues" while I was connected with my LTE router in that very moment xD gotta love outsourced call centers, plenty of nice and competent people...

Whats better for a GS, Attack XL or Attack M with Sheathing?

I'm leaning towards Attack M with Sheathing because I like my armor tailored specifically for the weapon I'm using and an Attack bonus is kind of a general purpose skill.

Kensuke

After accomplishing pretty much everything I wanted with the glaive, I finally entered the mysterious world of the HGB. Made Destiny's Arm, but still learning the ropes.

nanoblock-monster-hunaiad9.jpg

Nanoblock Seregios is up for pre-order....

Godan

You can try out online whenever you want, the first quests there aren't particularly hard. That said as a beginner I recommend doing a lot of solo village stuff, at the very least while you're also doing online. It teaches you how to fight well better than multiplayer and gives you memorable moments taking beasts down on your own.

Yeah wouldn't really say I am a beginner to the franchise played it a lot back on the PS2 and PSP so tend to know how the mechanics for the game are in regards to the big fights. Was more of just wondering when most people would play online as first quests in online most people wouldn't want to do as well they are kinda easy. Don't really mind grinding out the first few quests online myself.

PKrockin

The most important question though is does it look good?
I can't stand mismatched messes.
Most of the armor sets in Monster Hunter look bad anyway. 50%+ laughably so :p

The part that hurts most about Barioth being absent from this game is not being able to wear its armor.

Shengar

Most of the armor sets in Monster Hunter look bad anyway. 50%+ laughably so :p

The part that hurts most about Barioth being absent from this game is not being able to wear its armor.
One of the greatest armor ever grace on earth in term of design, I want to built just for the sake of the look

Kinsei's right
20150305191956.png

Slot number is really shit though, only 5. Its saving grace is Evasion+2, Constitution+2, and the look.
Wanted to try guard/countering but that would have been too similar to my gunlance. Always loved bhopping in cs1.6 as well.

Looks alright. Kinda like roman and ninja armor put together.

Actually, that's look pretty fitting

deim0s

This time I decided to do those boring and frustratingly so egg quests... But I'm glad I pushed with it as the final quest is
Black Fatalis

Then it died within 16 minutes
Thought it'll be like in F2/U that you'd have to be a bit careful around him. :/

Kinsei

Banned
This time I decided to do those boring and frustratingly so egg quests... But I'm glad I pushed with it as the final quest is
Black Fatalis

Then it died within 16 minutes
Thought it'll be like in F2/U that you'd have to be a bit careful around him. :/

That was Crimson Fatalis and Fatalis is a female monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom