• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alric

For anyone who was a Switch Axe person in MH3U, do you find yourself using or enjoying the Charge blade as much or sticking with the SA

Korten

Banned
Also I found caliberating the c-stick on the new 3DS made it feel more responsive in game. Or at least it feels like it is.

The fact that the stars managed to align so I could get the old guard together for one day of 4 player local multiplayer so soon after release was such good fortune, probably wont happen again for a while so it was fun that we could all run up against some of the new monsters for the first time and share the mix of awe and "oh god what's it doing now?!"

Also I don't remember Khezu being this electrifying, I like it.

tuffy

I was surprised by how much faster Tetsucabra went down vs. Kecha Wacha - ~8 minutes compared to ~14 minutes. Part of it must be using the Arzuros Gun instead of the Bone Shooter+, but hunting him a bunch of times in the demo must've helped too.

Hellraider

The bug icon in the gauge will tell you if it hit something and what color it got. I use this as my tell.

The problem from the ~5 or so times I have used the insect glaive is that sometimes the bug just is too bored to attack whatever I target. I send it and it just roams around doing nothing. Does it need more pheromones? Do I have to pet it before?

Is it me or do monster have less health here compared to 3U? Most of them are going down in 5 minutes for me but it makes grinding easier so I can't complain

bobohoro

Is it me or do monster have less health here compared to 3U? Most of them are going down in 5 minutes for me but it makes grinding easier so I can't complain

They really do. I didn't even play all that well and had some trouble figuring out Kencha Wanchu (?) and when to actually hit him, but it still went by pretty fast. I can't complain, since they at least hit for decent chunks even at 2/3 stars (1/4 of health with Leather gear), so it's a pretty nice balance of reasonable completion times and the monster still being a threat. I'm sure it will change some in HR and G-Rank.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The problem from the ~5 or so times I have used the insect glaive is that sometimes the bug just is too bored to attack whatever I target. I send it and it just roams around doing nothing. Does it need more pheromones? Do I have to pet it before?

That's the issue I have with it. It seems like you have to be really close or maybe you need to upgrade your bug.

bobohoro

That's the issue I have with it. It seems like you have to be really close or maybe you need to upgrade your bug.

What I only got by accident, so excuse me if it's common knowledge already, but you actually have to hold R, charge a shot, release R and hit the target with it. Then there should be a mark on it, which your insect will automatically attach itself to.

WOW!

Met the Tetsucabra for the first time, wasn't prepared at all, still rocking armor and LS from the beginning. Already died 2 times, no potions, 1 cm health bar and 35 seconds on the clock left. And I killed this thing.

My hands are still shaking. :D

la_briola

Yeah you should go melee with it, so you can get the colors not only easier but also faster!

The best thing is that you can mount a monster like four or five times with ease.

WOW!

Met the Tetsucabra for the first time, wasn't prepared at all, still rocking armor and LS from the beginning. Already died 2 times, no potions, 1 cm health bar and 35 seconds on the clock left. And I killed this thing.

My hands are still shaking. :D

Shit like this only happens in Monster Hunter.

Mark of a Hero in MH3U was amazing, I remember completing that quest under similar circumstances, lol.

Monster Hunter solo has its moments!

You're probably better than you were.
This too.

jorgejjvr

Anybody up for some group hunting? I want to play with GAFers :)
My brother Jon also uses my account. I'm Jorge, jorgejjvr, just so you guys know and don't get confused lol. Anyways, whenever you are writing here please write - Jon at the end please. So that people can know

Me! I still haven't tried online yet in the full game so I want to see what it's like

Are you creating a gathering hall or do you want to trade FCs
Great, haven't done any quests myself. Currently busy with a quest but I'll go set up a room afterwards. My FC is in the google doc if you want to add me.

Korten

Banned
Question- does anyone know if this has the same glitch as Pokemon X? In that if you close the screen while playing, it still makes your gameplay time counter go up?

Im confuse, how do you charge the shield with the Charge Blade Weapon?

The A attack in sword mode if timed right allows you to get charge from monsters. yellow gives you 3 phials and red gives 5 phials. once you have yellow or red press R+A while in sword more to charge your sheild

Netto-kun

Hmm, after xxx hours with 4/4G the large monsters in 2/3 stars village quests seem way too easy with the Charge Blade. Or maybe it's because of the changes the weapon got in 4G/4U.

Im confuse, how do you charge the shield with the Charge Blade Weapon?
Fill up the phials with sword attacks and press R before you unleash an ultra burst in Axe mode.

Edit:

K, I'll disband this room and go add you guys back.
Edit: oh nvm, found the room id. 46-9827-1400-3636. Pw is 4321. I'll add you guys to my friend list later.
I am kind of bored from doing village quests all over again and decided to join. Hope you don't mind! :)

Kinsei

Banned
I failed my first quest earlier. I was putting the trap down in the 3* Gendrome capture quest when a genprey killed it T_T.

If you send the bug and miss too often, it will get tired.

Also, make sure to call back your bug before sending him off. It will move to whatever your chest is pointing at from wherever it is.

Protip for bug upgrades: speed all the way.

Kuntz

Out_Of_Ammo's room is already full so I made one, we're doing the very beginning so new players feel free to come.

66-0824-3357-0608
pass : 9999

Also : always share cards with not-random people!

Downloaded today and finished the first quest (the "get me a rare or well-done steak quest). I'm going to wait until next week when my n3DS comes to play more. I want that C-stick.

aka_bueno

The A attack in sword mode if timed right allows you to get charge from monsters. yellow gives you 3 phials and red gives 5 phials. once you have yellow or red press R+A while in sword more to charge your sheild

That charges your phials doesn't it? To charge your shield, I think your phials have to be loaded filled/loaded (white), then when you're charged with either yellow or red, you switch into axe mode then initiate a super (a+x) and during the first part of the super animation you cancel it by sheathing back (R) to sword mode and it will charge your shield (it'll glow red and you'll have a red shield icon next to your sharpeness meter).

That's how I'm doing it at least, but I don't know if that's the correct or easiest way to do it?

Pachimari

I'm thinking of getting this alongside a N3DS but is the multiplayer 4 player co-op?

I really felt in love with the iPhone version. Still haven't played my Wii version though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom