• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synless

Ok, help me out. I dl'd the starter pack and didn't realize I could only have 6 super mushrooms. I fucked up and created Luigi armor and a mario hat, now I have no hammer. So I started over after I realized you can't get super mushrooms and low and behold the start pack isn't there anymore, now I'm fucked. Is there no hope now?
Anyone?

ACESmkII

Are these combo books doing anything special? I have them in my inventory but I feel like they are just taking up space.

Raxus

the velociprey armor is really good for a start. gives +13 attack +10 stun and +7 vision, which you can get up to +15 attack and +10 vision.
if you want more defense get the tetsucabra armor.

i'm using the bow myself, but have no idea which ones are good. using the Hunter's Stoutbow I at the moment.

That is great but I need a rank 1 armor before I can get to something like that.

I have just been upgrading the standard bow and it seems to be working pretty well. I really need to get used to the mechanics for Bow though. It will really come in handy when I start hunting in a group.

I hope my feline companion gets his enthusiasm up. I can't figure out a way to improve that.

Hellraider

You guys got any low-rank armor suggestions? I'm really pushing it to the limits with leather (not that I don't enjoy the extra difficulty!).

bobohoro

Testu...dings...Stonejaw! Hits hard at times. Took me by surprise, one-shotted me in my Leather gear. Now upgrading to Stonejaw-armor because that seems to last me through LR with high defense and +50 health with only one gem. And Torso-Up on the legs is also nice. For everyone looking for a starter armour, I'd recommend it, easily farmed as well, only took me 4 Stonejaws and 1 additional Flying Monkey for a Jumbo Bone. I need to get used to the new names first.

And quick Charge Blade pointers:

• Charged A should be your go-to attack. Don't under/overcharge it and it does good damage, hits two times and gets you charges. Can be used at any time in the combo, infinitely loops with the X-finisher.
  • Yellow glow gives you 3 phials when charged, red 5.
  • Phials are used for bursts with each axe attack (great damage and stun) and the more phials you have when you power up your shield, the longer the buff lasts.
  • Therefore, power up your shield with (from sword mode) X -> X+A -> X+A cancel with R
  • Normal shield has the guarding ability of a GS. Red shield guards like a Lance.

There is also stuff about Super/Ultra-Charge attacks, but i haven't yet figured it out completely. Definitely a fun weapon and extremly destructive, but you can easily be caught with your pants down when overcommiting to your combos.

You guys got any low-rank armor suggestions? I'm really pushing it to the limits with leather (not that I don't enjoy the extra difficulty!).

G. Jaggi, Tetsucabra or Nersyclla armors can all carry you to high rank. any of them. just be sure to upgrade with armor spheres too

BokehKing

Banned
could this be played on regular 3ds, do I need the 'new' 3ds to play it?
If so I'll buy this right now

(same question in regards to new zelda as well)

Tetsucabra. It's got defense and health, and since the monsters have low health, you don't really need more attack.

It's carried me all the way through to Tigrex (haven't tried him yet), and I've only fainted once (Gore... You cheap bastard).

I'm new to MH and the Long Sword has really clicked for me. I'm probably going to be a predominantly solo player, but I understand LS's not good for team play. So what's a good weapon to alt for online?

I'm new to MH and the Long Sword has really clicked for me. I'm probably going to be a predominantly solo player, but I understand LS's not good for team play. So what's a good weapon to alt for online?
LS is fine, just don't swing wildly next to other players.

Hammer is great, though, for multi.

Spades

Wasn't going to bother with this game after I didn't really play 3 all that much. Just played the demo on my N3DS that I picked up yesterday and instantly ordered it online just now.

It feels like such an upgrade over 3 - and so much more accessible to new/inexperienced hunters. I hope that is a theme that continues in the full game.

Upswings though. When playing for fun in the past I found dual swords to be least obtrusive from all the stronger classes.
Super pound - triple pound - repeat. No one else should be near the head. If you hit them, is their fault.

And yeah, hammer isn't ideal for SP. Hence why I suggested it for multi.

Man, can't wait until my New 3DS arrives...

Just wanted to be sure, this game can be downloaded from the eShop, correct? How much is the install size?

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
This game is absolutely lovely. I think it's the writing and the improved tutorial bits, but it's clicking where MH3U didn't.

I also love how colorful it is even if it's kinda ugly on the 3DS original.

Super pound - triple pound - repeat. No one else should be near the head. If you hit them, is their fault.

Meh, I'm a hammer user but it's a pain to avoid sending teammates flying on some of the smaller monsters though.

Peru

I don't think there's any weapon that's not good for SP, and hammer has been my main SP weapon.

How is that Seltas bow? I'm thinking about making it since I only need 1 more Seltas wing for it. I'm still low rank btw. Going Bow and Longsword, have to create 2 different armors but oh well.

Wanderer5

Slowly but surely, I getting the hang of the Charge Blade heh. Think it feels trickier compare to say the switchaxe, cause of the more complex combo system it seems to have. It can feel so good when you pulling it off through.

I thinking of trying long sword/charge blade maybe, but I just focus on the charge blade most likely for now.

Hugstable

Banned
The game is asking me to download a patch before playing. I try to download the patch and a quarter of the way through it tells me that it failed due to user inactivity. Do I need to just press buttons randomly or something while this downloads or something. da fuq lol

Spades

The game is asking me to download a patch before playing. I try to download the patch and a quarter of the way through it tells me that it failed due to user inactivity. Do I need to just press buttons randomly or something while this downloads or something. da fuq lol

I think the eShop is down for a lot of people at the moment with a similar error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom