• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandangox

I heard Blast/Explosion got a nerf, how much of a nerf are we talking about here, I had a Brachy Gunlance as my main weapon on the previous MonHun.

Finished the first 2 captain c quests and unlocked the weapon challenges. I've so far tried SnS, Long Sword and Insect Glaive and I think I'm leaning toward the Glaive. Seems to have a bit more mobility but man there are too many options >.< and I don't know where to begin...

traveler

Not Wario
Are there any dlc/gifts I should be downloading first? I thought I saw a mention earlier in the thread, but I just now got my transfer finished and nothing is showing in the ingame dlc shop.

Santiako

I completed my first armour set yesterday (kacha wacha), and even though it's not very good, I look like a goku reject and I love it. I'll just this one until I get to HR.

I would like to be abcl to removed the "Hunter Search" from the touch screen...I'd love it if I could put my health down there. I mean, it's a perfect fit!
I would have LOVED to have a hunting horn "cheat sheet" as an option for one of my panels.
Oh man, that'd be *too* good...

Show me your hunters GAF! This is Za Warudo, the humble minion of the great Felyne warrior DIO.
mh4uhunteru4yzx.jpg

ilium

i just added myself to our FC list and will begin adding everyone on it.

edit:
or mabye i'l add people close to my timezone first and do the rest later >>

Lasdrub

I heard Blast/Explosion got a nerf, how much of a nerf are we talking about here, I had a Brachy Gunlance as my main weapon on the previous MonHun.

I heard that blast isn't as good as an alternative weapon with the right element for what you're fighting, but it's still good. If you check out Ping's MH4U Dex, you can see what monsters take high blast damage and how their resistances scale up after each blast. Some of them take a huge 300 per blast.

jorgejjvr

After the demo I feel so weak now lol. The beginning is kinda slow and my character feels so weak for now xD. Anyways what's the difference between the guild and doing quests? Plus then there's online. There's like 3 ways to hunt monsters

Renoir

i just added myself to our FC list and will begin adding everyone on it.

edit:
or mabye i'l add people close to my timezone first and do the rest later >>
where is this list you speak of.. Ive seen it mentioned in the OP but i cant find it.

KingClown

Just got my MonHun N3DS yesterday and damn it looks good! Spent time yesterday just admiring it and getting all of my data from my old 3DS transferred to it. Gonna be starting the game up now. Ooh, I'm so excited to finally get to play this! I added my info to the GAF list, so I might see you guys online sometime.

Like I did with MH3U, I'm probably gonna get through all of the single player quests before I start hunting online so I can take the time to learn the game and work off the rust. Gotta start catching up to everyone!

Sethesh

Neo Member
Is the game crashing for anyone else too?

I have the old 3DS XL and downloaded the game via European eShop. After making a new character the game freezes at the "now loading" screen and crashes to the home screen with "an error has occured".

When I load the save game the same thing happens. Already tried making new characters, re-installing the game, repairing the game, neither works with patch 1.1 or non-patched game. SD-Card is also new and never had any crashes with a game :(

Just beat my first Nerscylla. That was awesome, such a cool fight. Didn't manage to break his poison claws though, are those the long things he using during poison attacks?

Is it okay to experiment with money/materials early on? I just bought S&S but I'm a bit hesitant to spend money.. I still have the starting armor too. (I'm a few hours in)

Raxus

I am living hunting with my bow. Quick question though. What armour/stats should i look into since the game is rather obtuse about explaining that.

vareon

I'm trying to find King's Frills to complete a very beginning Jaggi set to no avail. You have to break the frills, right? How do I mount it? Never got any prompt when jumping whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom