• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wish they'd implement character appearance creation reset.
I mean, if they already allow certain changes, they might as well go all the way.
This is why I spent two hours on character creation screen alone.
I had no way of knowing which sound/yell was tied to which action. :( I was hoping that it wasn't an attack yell, but I was wrong.

I also recently learned that Samus' Power Suit is available in the game as bonus DLC, but only male characters can wear it. Female characters get the Zero Suit. What the hell? Absolute horseshit.

Shengar

I mean, if they already allow certain changes, they might as well go all the way.
I had no way of knowing which sound/yell was tied to which action. :( I was hoping that it wasn't an attack yell, but I was wrong.
I'm pretty sure you can hear almost all the voices line by testing them.

Tanis

I'm regretting the voice I chose for my character. She squeals when she performs the last attack in a combo, and it's very annoying. Guess I'll have to start over.

They already give you some many options to change your character after creation that they may as well let you change face and voice too. It's not like WoW where they make revenue from character appearance respecs.

Also really wish they would give us a hide helmet option!

Victrix

*beard*
Game desperately needs a cosmetic armor option.

They give us 832940239842 cool looking suits of armor, but the best G rank sets are all clown suits :(

Piotrek

I'm getting a bit bored with melee fighting. Where do you suggest I start with ranged weapons? Which category is the easiest for a ranged newbie?

I'm getting a bit bored with melee fighting. Where do you suggest I start with ranged weapons? Which category is the easiest for a ranged newbie?
I'm not a ranged guy either but I tried out all the weapons in the demo and bow was the easiest ranged weapon to understand

Seil

I think it depends on the user. I'd recommend watching gaijin hunter's tutorials on the three and figure out what sounds more your style.

Ugh, I don't have alot of time to play atm and everyone is so far ahead ;_ ;

6 star village and still need to do the Gore Magala urgent online. Sigh.

upandaway

Yep, trying a starting armor/no cats challenge, this guy is my first real wall so far and it's really tempting to just pump a couple armor stones in.

Really though I'm fine when he's normal, my big problem is that if he's in horns mode every single thing he does to me is an OHKO. I can break his horns by wasting 2 traps but I still end up fainting here and there from combos.

upandaway

2 Azure Los' down, 4 Rathalos plates, 0 rubies.

Come at me desire sensor, I got all night.
I needed one Najarala Shell yesterday for a lance, couldn't get a single shell after doing him twice. I was so upset.

You know that thing is gunning for you when even a shell is too much for it

Shengar

2 Azure Los' down, 4 Rathalos plates, 0 rubies.

Come at me desire sensor, I got all night.

iji4e.jpg

Welcome to Desire Sensor: Rathalos Ruby version

robox

gore magala caravan quest

he seemed really hard. harder than first encounter with tigrex because he's so big and hits really hard.
but then i realized he really doesn't have that much health.
i almost worried i have to farm for new armour. still wearing starter set + bumpkin arms for recovery speed +2

This is why I spent two hours on character creation screen alone.

yep. voice is the thing i had to absolutely get right. it will make or break the experience for me. even face and hair isn't as critical since most of the time it's under a helmet. but i've played plenty of monhun before and knew what to expect. donno how neophytes would take do it without guidance

Cerity

Found out that you can get los stuck on a ledge when he tries to zone you and you're right under it. That was awkward, it was like he was hip thrusting at my face.

How strong is the desire sensor in this version?

It was cunning in 3U.

It's desire sensor's psychotic, drugged up cousin who probably has schizophrenia at the age of 22.

JimPanzer

hm got those skills on my current bow set

Evasion +2
StamRecovery
Focus

currently using the chameleos g-rank bow.

any experienced bow-users around? what you say?

Dak'kon

Even though I said I wouldn't I caved and bought the game. I'm just about to leave Harth in SP and just got my HR1 Urgent online. I'd love to play with some other Gaffers when I get my HR up a bit.

I decided to learn HH and was so gutted when I saw that the Emperor's Speech needed 3 Giant Beaks - 5% carve rate, nah thanks :(

I'm really enjoying the game so far and can I say how awesome the Kecha Wacha/Ancestral Steppe battle music is!

In rage mode? Yeah kirin's hide becomes tough in rage mode. Focus on its head in that situation.

Its body is the length of a great sword and it doesn't stop moving. Plus with stuff with wide swings you're bound to hit a tough part of its body. It's a shitty fight. Bouncing all over the place then it kind of just died after about 10 minutes.

JimPanzer

Why not use seregios bow if no status+?

I've got that too, but I'm not too sure if it makes sense. Regios bow only supports power and close range coating, doesn't have lvl4 charge, and no sockets. Are the 30% affinity worth it to take seregios over chameleos bow?

Seil

These new plesi duel blades are the best. Sleep and water? yes please!

Note that, as far as I'm aware, dual elemental dual blades have a notable downfall.

Each blade is one element/status. You're only inflicting one or the other half the time, so the otherwise decent looking elemental/status values are essentially halved.

They're neat but usually less effective than focusing on a single element or a single status. Even in the case of a weapon with two elements strong against a monster, in most cases you're better off going in with just the element that's strongest to it.

I've got that too, but I'm not too sure if it makes sense. Regios bow only supports power and close range coating, doesn't have lvl4 charge, and no sockets. Are the 30% affinity worth it to take seregios over chameleos bow?

Close range coatings with a seregios bow get the power coating buff. So you have extra power coatings that can be used point blank.

The downside to the seregios bow is the necessity of loading to get its third charge.

Ken

I think having 50+20+20+20 power coatings is pretty strong plus the affinity bonus. Dunno if I'd give those up for para and poison loading especially without status up too.

Not too sure what level 4 charge weighs in at though.

JimPanzer

I think having 50+20+20+20 power coatings is pretty strong plus the affinity bonus. Dunno if I'd give those up for para and poison loading especially without status up too.

Not too sure what level 4 charge weighs in at though.

yea, I guess you are right. lvl 4 charge is "only" a 20% dmg plus from 150 to 170. will go with the regios bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom