• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apenheul

Charging my 3DS XL to go online with MH4U for the first time today. Strangely enough MH3U didn't stick with me as long as Freedom Unite and Tri but it looks like I won't be done with 4U any time soon.

Why are you even trying to hit the body?!

Not intentionally. All it does is run back and forth and when it does stop 70% of the time it blasts ice from its face or immediately takes off again. Doing juiced up attacks with the insect glaive perpendicular to its head will can clip the body every so often.

Would be fairly simple with a hammer I bet

upandaway

Yep, trying a starting armor/no cats challenge, this guy is my first real wall so far and it's really tempting to just pump a couple armor stones in.
Hoooly crap it's finally over. 20 minutes of pure madness. I had to use cats but it was still insane, so much damage everywhere.

Normal mode is a joke compared to what's happening when he pulls the horns out. He did it a second time near the end and my heart almost stopped working, luckily he was already close to dying.

I need a break

krossj

hi guys, was going to try my HR7 urgent if anyone wants to help?

I've got an hour or two so we could do it a couple of times if anyone else needs it.

Gathering Hall ID: 09-3974-6310-7176

ilium

hm got those skills on my current bow set

Evasion +2
StamRecovery
Focus

currently using the chameleos g-rank bow.

any experienced bow-users around? what you say?

looks good! are you using the kushala x set? how much faster is the recovery with stamina recovery?

Shengar

Sure! Was going to make Barioth my starting G armor, mostly for the looks ofcourse.

Edit: made a room: 15-6938-8512-4137. pw is 4321. We can do some wycoon quests, G1 stuff or DLC quests.
We're still hunting. Any break from khezu, lagombi, and najarala would be nice

deim0s

Not intentionally. All it does is run back and forth and when it does stop 70% of the time it blasts ice from its face or immediately takes off again. Doing juiced up attacks with the insect glaive perpendicular to its head will can clip the body every so often.

Would be fairly simple with a hammer I bet

Yup and GS. When it turns gets a draw crit to the face.

ilium

yes kushala x set. the recovery is veeeeery fast I only run out of stamina in solo if the monster is down and I can shoot w/o moving.

sweet! because i was thinking going recovery instead of marathon runner. did you have to mix and match to get the recovery in? or just lucky with a charm? ;)

We're still hunting. Any break from khezu, lagombi, and najarala would be nice

i'll be there in ~5min

Highwind

zlCfzTFeXLEV-C3w30

zlCfzTFelggE5FpuiE

Finished this yesterday. Not too shabby.

Speed Sharpening is a bonus skill as the best Evasion talisman I have (+6) comes with it at +10 towards Sharpener. Nice and free.

With a bit of grinding I can get materials that go up to Evasion +2 but I'm not sure if that's necessary.

Cerity

8 A.Rathalos' down, 7 plates and no rubies.

These cats are doing me in more than the rathalos itself is, get knocked down, cats pop up and stand right next to me. Los shoots a fireball and hits the cats which causes the explosion to process, down time can't save me there.

Highwind

If that Kaiser chest could recolored, that's cool looking actually

Yeah, I like the way it looks and is one of the best mixed sets appearance wise but if I could I'd still recolour the chest and waist to match Ukanlos chest and waist colour scheme.

I'd go full Ukanlos but it's bulky as hell. :/

Busaiku

Do buffs stack?
Like if I have Attack Up (XL), would Mega Demon Drug still help?
Or if I get a Large boost from Food, do Adrenaline and Drugs raise me up even more?

la_briola

I'm back at it again with GS armor sets, again for the Seregios GS.
The fact that it doesn't need Sharpness +1 makes room for some nice skills.

Diablos Helm X
Kushala Cista X
Narga Vambraces X
Kushala Cocoon X
Kushala Crus X
-----------------
+8 Sheathing, +1 Normal Up OOO
-----------------
1x Charger Jewel 3
2x Draw Jewel 2
3x Jumping Jewel 2
1x Draw Jewel 1
2x Evasion Jewel 1
-----------------
514-736 Def, -6 Fir, 7 Wat, 12 Ice, -19 Thn, -17 Drg

The negative res will be compensated through armor skills:

Evasion +2
Evade Extender
Quick Sheath
Focus
Critical Draw

I really like this, will give it a try once I have enough gems to hone the GS.

Hey guys, just beat Narscellya in my solo game, and want to grind him for a bit to get his set. Was gonna do it online but I only have one-star quests still available to me online. Do I have to progress in online quests seperately?

SuperSah

Banned
I just learned you can now level up quests to get even harder with new rewards.

And at Lv76, all monsters get new moves.

This game delivers every second of every day.

Enjoyed the demo, ordered it.

Bit concerned about the camera, seems a bit fast-paced to be taking your eyes and finger off the buttons to use the touchpad, hopefully that becomes second nature after a while. Not sure how much you need vertical camera movement, and if they could have put it on the shoulder buttons and just offered horizontal movement.

Are there any good in-depth Android apps for beginners, downloaded a free one but its all spreadsheets and bland lists.

upandaway

Do buffs stack?
Like if I have Attack Up (XL), would Mega Demon Drug still help?
Or if I get a Large boost from Food, do Adrenaline and Drugs raise me up even more?
Yeah they do, though there may be a handful types that don't among the countless out there, when in doubt just check your status to see what your attack stat is, you can see the boost.

SuperSah

Banned

Bit concerned about the camera, seems a bit fast-paced to be taking your eyes and finger off the buttons to use the touchpad, hopefully that becomes second nature after a while. Not sure how much you need vertical camera movement, and if they could have put it on the shoulder buttons and just offered horizontal movement.

Are there any good in-depth Android apps for beginners, downloaded a free one but its all spreadsheets and bland lists.

If possible, get a CPP. Seriously. It enhances the game so much with proper camera control.

Ken

I found the touch pad Dpad unreliable and just used the soft lock and real Dpad while waiting for my CPP. Worked well enough. I'd say you could do most fights using only the soft lock anyways.

Shiina

Diablos Helm X
Kushala Cista X
Narga Vambraces X
Kushala Cocoon X
Kushala Crus X
-----------------
-----------------
1x Charger Jewel 3
2x Draw Jewel 2
3x Jumping Jewel 2
1x Draw Jewel 1
2x Evasion Jewel 1
-----------------

Evasion +2
Evade Extender
Quick Sheath
Focus
Critical Draw

I think Punishing Draw is pretty detrimental to GS play, even more so with Seregios' GS where you sheathe even more after those rolls. On the other hand those measly 2 evasion iframes seem unnecessary.

JimPanzer

Diablos Helm X
Kushala Cista X
Narga Vambraces X
Kushala Cocoon X
Kushala Crus X
-----------------
-----------------
1x Charger Jewel 3
2x Draw Jewel 2
3x Jumping Jewel 2
1x Draw Jewel 1
2x Evasion Jewel 1
-----------------

Evasion +2
Evade Extender
Quick Sheath
Focus
Critical Draw

plus it might actually not look like complete ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom