• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Seems the only option in the UK is ebay, out of stock everywhere else :(

£15.50 seems an okay price. Reckon its worth seeing how I get on without it before going for it?

I got mine in 2012 from GAME for £5.

Try it without, but I can honestly say I will never use lock on or the shitty touch controls because the game gets very fast.

Ken

I got mine in 2012 from GAME for £5.

Try it without, but I can honestly say I will never use lock on or the shitty touch controls because the game gets very fast.

Isn't the game being fast a good reason to use lock on?

I find it really convenient for when I lose track of the monster or Chameleos invisibility shenanigans.

PKrockin

Do buffs stack?
Like if I have Attack Up (XL), would Mega Demon Drug still help?
Or if I get a Large boost from Food, do Adrenaline and Drugs raise me up even more?

bo6FmC1.jpg

Same colors don't stack.

la_briola

I think Punishing Draw is pretty detrimental to GS play, even more so with Seregios' GS where you sheathe even more after those rolls. On the other hand those measly 2 evasion iframes seem unnecessary.
I agree that punishing draw is great, my current set has it.

BUT these apex monsters don't fuck around.
I think evasion and extender are better in that case.
It's just one of many sets. I switch accordingly.

bobohoro

Nice. been sitting here for an hour for someone to join my urgent.
Why arent urgents like keys where you do them by participatng instead of you choosing.

What annoys me even more is that I can't make a room for my urgent with the target monster as a search criteria. Especially now with the second HR7-Urgent, where every random that joins you on the 7* criteria hasn't done the first urgent and therefore can't participate, but most of the higher ranked people will just search for the monster to get their farming going.

I'll be getting on later today, hopefully some of you nice people will help me with my final push to G-Rank! I would also be interested in doing event quests or farming of the later HR monsters (Zinogre, D'Ahren, Dalamanur, Akantor and so on).

Brand new to this series and I have a quick question.

Can I not leave camp without a quest? I just wanna collect some materials. Do I always need to piggyback that onto some other business?

Ken

Brand new to this series and I have a quick question.

Can I not leave camp without a quest? I just wanna collect some materials. Do I always need to piggyback that onto some other business?

Harvest Tours! You get to go to the different maps and in two minutes a ticket to end the quest shows up in the supply box. Some might require an unlock by completing another quest. Check Kiranico or the wiki.

King_Moc

Banned
Seems the only option in the UK is ebay, out of stock everywhere else :(

£15.50 seems an okay price. Reckon its worth seeing how I get on without it before going for it?

It's a bit of a nightmare without a second stick. You might be ok early on using the touchpad, but when things get hectic it's gonna be a struggle. I bought the XL cpp specifically for MH Tri and it made it so much better.

Leezard

Thanks for the hunts Leezard :) That last Dalamadur was efficient.

Yeah, thanks for the hunts! You could really notice the group got much better at Dalamadur. Felyne Moxie at Akantor did a huge difference for poor Angelex as well.

I really wanted to do some nonkey quests with Darkviper as well, but it seemed like it was breaktime for everyone.

Amalthea

Banned
So, is the Rathian armor good for anything?

I also don't get how some people can love he Yan-Whatever species. Those things are so annoying.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The 5star coal quest gave a loot of armor sphere +s

Are the rewards similar at each replay too?

Salaadin

Took only 8 kills for me to complete Rath Soul. Very happy.
I told myself I wasn't going to make it since I used it so much in 3u but once I saw that fucker, I had to have it again..

What's the best method to get talismans melded in cathar? I seem to get shit from that guy

bobohoro

Yes - I just assumed the EX would be better. Why does the standard have better long-term value?

The Ex is more of an extra-weapon for collectors I'd guess.

The normal Arbiter upgrades further in later ranks (Ex only has one additional upgrade) and does not need the Awaken skill to do elemental damage.

There's no harm in creating the Ex Arbiter as well, collecting equipment is fun after all, but if you want to get the better weapon for now and later, craft the normal Arbiter.

Spades

Looking at the weapons tree, it seems that the regular Arbiter can continue to be upgraded in G Rank, whereas the EX Arbiter has only one upgrade and that's the end of the path.

Awesome, thank you. I've said it a few times in here, but I'm a total beginner and so things like this are really appreciated even though I know they're trivial questions! :)

PrankT

It should be possible with the isicles, you can turn around on them untill you can jump to him. That jump reaches pretty far.
Hmm, the distance has been OK, but my guy moves too far to the left or right and never lines up correctly. Guess I'll just keep at it.

I wish that I had looked up whether or not the steampunk insect glaive was upgradeable or not. Oh well, at least the tiny Tetsu was adorable.
I feel you. I got the Poogie HH, and while it's the most adorable HH ever, with one of the most adorable fights to get the mats for it....it's maxed out once you buy it. 572 attack...ugh. Useful for harvesting and to look fun for guild cards I guess..
Whoa. You can upgrade the link SnS to g-rank.
Here's hoping the same can be said for the bow!
What's the best iOS app for MH4U?
I'm constantly checking every day for this. MH3U had the awesome digital guide from Gamestop, and another one called Hunters Companion or something. I know Androids have one, and I think Windows too now...best we get is to make Kiranico & the wikia accessible from the home screen :\ At least Kiranico is mobile supported.

krossj

I really wanted to do some nonkey quests with Darkviper as well, but it seemed like it was breaktime for everyone.

Yeah, the brute tigrex and stygian was the most fun. Dalamadur and the other elder dragons can get quite boring with how their fights are structured. Especially Kushala for me, that fight just isn't fun.

Bastos

I'm back at it again with GS armor sets, again for the Seregios GS.
The fact that it doesn't need Sharpness +1 makes room for some nice skills.

Diablos Helm X
Kushala Cista X
Narga Vambraces X
Kushala Cocoon X
Kushala Crus X
-----------------
+8 Sheathing, +1 Normal Up OOO
-----------------
1x Charger Jewel 3
2x Draw Jewel 2
3x Jumping Jewel 2
1x Draw Jewel 1
2x Evasion Jewel 1
-----------------
514-736 Def, -6 Fir, 7 Wat, 12 Ice, -19 Thn, -17 Drg

The negative res will be compensated through armor skills:

Evasion +2
Evade Extender
Quick Sheath
Focus
Critical Draw

I really like this, will give it a try once I have enough gems to hone the GS.
Wow! All these skills D: Sounds great!

I'm thinking about Evasion and Evasion Extender as a GS user for a while but I never saw the difference between normal evades and skilled evades, is it that much different? What's more useful to hit and roll away safely? Extender or Evade+? I'm finding myself being hit a lot by Pink Ian e.g. after hitting its head and rolling away, there's never enough roll distance to avoid being ran over by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom