• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juraash

Huzzah! Dalmadur down in 1 shot solo, took me 45 minutes lol, but I'm still pretty stoked. I'm sure I could improve that kill time if I watched GH's vid, but it said you should go in blind the first time, so I did.

The fight was way easier to manage than I thought, at least from a damage perspective. His shoop da wool laser was easy to avoid as were the meteors up until the end. Got a gem from a carve too, so I'll have to see if there's anything fun to craft with it. Now onto Ukanlos and G Rank!

Proc

How are og 3ds xl owners finding the game? I'm on the fence. Brad from giant bomb seemed to make the transition pretty well. Just curious how you guys find the controls after about a week with it.

Ultrabum

How are og 3ds xl owners finding the game? I'm on the fence. Brad from giant bomb seemed to make the transition pretty well. Just curious how you guys find the controls after about a week with it.

Controls just fine, esp with a circle pad pro. The framerate when playing with 4 people with lots of effects can be pretty chuggy though. This is probably my biggest complaint.

tragic

Developer
Is it a 100% drop from those quests?

I believe one is guaranteed and you have a chance for another one (I always got one, and sometimes got 2). I just capped off my Seregios SA and Honed it as well (such dmg!). Did Apex Seregios to get the seals. Not too bad!

Whats the consensus on armor skills for GP with the CB?

I'm guessing Guard +2, Razor Sharp, Honed Blade and Artillery Master (or less, depending on charms)?

I recommend this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3JjWCMOCdU

May want to read this regarding Artillery God:

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/74002794822/mh4-artillery-master-and-charge-axe

Your other skill choices are fine but I'm not sure if it's possible to get both razor sharp and honed blade on one set.

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished all low rank village quests, should I go on to high rank village or do guild low rank?

It's up to you. Low rank guild hall will be pretty boring for you at this point so you might as well get some high rank gear to power through it.

Mupod

I just finished all low rank village quests, should I go on to high rank village or do guild low rank?

I'd say guild low rank and get your food upgraded. You could probably make an entry-level high rank weapon to speed things up if you wanna just solo it, as things will have more hp.

HIR0

Oh my god!!!
I finally beat the Azure Rathalos solo.
The turning point was forging that Nersyclla charge blade and changing my other palico to a bomber.
I finally got it to limp but I carted when I engaged it when it went back to its nest and then it flew to another area.
If I carted once more it would have been all for nought.
This thing has made my blood boil so bad.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh my god!!!
The turning point was forging that Nersyclla charge blade and changing my other palico to a bomber.
I finally got it to limp but I carted when I engaged it when it went back to its nest and then it flew to another area.

You're going to love Silver Rathalos :p

Oh my god!!!

Congrats.

Kinsei

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I've spent the whole damn week trying to beat the Azure.

You probably don't want to hear that Azure is like a puppy in comparison, or that you have to fight it in a map that only has one area and no way to get back to camp other than using a farcaster huh?

You probably don;t want to hear that Azure is like a puppy in comparison, or that you have to fight it in a map that only has one area and no way to get back to camp other than using a farcaster huh?

Actually my main complaint about Rathalos is it leaves the goddamn map too much. That old 1 screen map where you fought silver/gold in the psp games was awesome.

If this map is like that, then I'm goddamn psyched (I've had silver and gold unlocked, but I haven't cared enough to fight 'em).

Sajjaja

How do I deliver Emerald Congala's Territorial Dung? I have it in my inventory but it's greyed out when I get to the delivery box.

EDIT: Oh wait nvm, I need Dung+ not regular.

krossj

Got my Regios X armour and skills are Constitution +2, Critical Eye +1, Edge Lore, Negate Bleeding. Removed slow sharpening with gems and added critical eye.

is this decent for the start of G rank? Perhaps sharpness +1 or a stamina skill would suit better. Mainly use dual blades, long sword and hammer this time round.

Kinsei

Banned
Actually my main complaint about Rathalos is it leaves the goddamn map too much. That old 1 screen map where you fought silver/gold in the psp games was awesome.

If this map is like that, then I'm goddamn psyched (I've had silver and gold unlocked, but I haven't cared enough to fight 'em).

It's the same map with a couple ledges added so everyone can mount there.

How do I deliver Emerald Congala's Territorial Dung? I have it in my inventory but it's greyed out when I get to the delivery box.

You sure the subquest isn't for territorial dung +?

HIR0

You probably don;t want to hear that Azure is like a puppy in comparison, or that you have to fight it in a map that only has one area and no way to get back to camp other than using a farcaster huh?

giphy.gif

Got my Regios X armour and skills are Constitution, Critical Eye +1, Edge Lore, Negate Bleeding. Removed slow sharpening with gems and added critical eye.

is this decent for the start of G rank? Perhaps sharpness+1 or a stamina skill would suit better. Mainly use dual blades, long sword and hammer this time round.

More than decent.

It's the same map with a couple ledges added so everyone can mount there.

Fucking awesome then. We're in business.

Kyzon

I miss the voice chat from 3 Ultimate on Wii U so much.

I miss being able to tell people that we're almost done with a quest if they join the room at the end. I miss telling them we're almost done, go gather.

Prototype

I miss the voice chat from 3 Ultimate on Wii U so much.

I miss being able to tell people that we're almost done with a quest if they join the room at the end. I miss telling them we're almost done, go gather.
So much missed opportunity due to it being on 3ds.

Juraash

Ukanlos is so fun. I've loved his design since I first saw art from it, but I've never fought him until just now. He's similar enough to Akantor that it was easy to adopt that strategy for this fight. That being said I found him way more enjoyable to fight. Grabbing some food so I can't look at the gear yet but I think I at least want to make the GS.

Good hunts! Got S Zin Skymerald from that last fight. God, S Ziggy is awful. Not awful like Yian Garuga, but it just won't give hunters room to breath
Seregios GS and SA is just so damn broken at cutting tail lol
Still want to farm Steve?

Yeah, of course. Do you mind if I'm working at the same time? I'm not dumb enough to cart by standing still while actively fighting it, but I may leave the zone for like 30 seconds and come back every once in awhile. If you do mind, we can do it another time. I have to be working for the next 8 hours.

R0ckman

Man Golden Rajang village quest was fun, we entered the last area where he sleeps, both of us beat to hell. Crappy AI programming kicks in and he just starts spamming "earth chuck" I dodge a few and then wait to see how long it will keep using the move. On the fifth chuck I get sick of it and run over to gamble a topple, fail the gamble, I lose a huge chunk of health, jaggia and jaggi trying to pick me off for scraps. Monkey decides to spam ground pound moves at random, since I have tremor res, I run over with take a swing...

Boom.gif

Ukanlos is so fun. I've loved his design since I first saw art from it, but I've never fought him until just now. He's similar enough to Akantor that it was easy to adopt that strategy for this fight. That being said I found him way more enjoyable to fight. Grabbing some food so I can't look at the gear yet but I think I at least want to make the GS.

One of the best end-game GS with the right set

Kyzon let's do some G hunting tonight!

Shiina

Man Golden Rajang village quest was fun, we entered the last area where he sleeps, both of us beat to hell. Crappy AI programming kicks in and he just starts spamming "earth chuck" I dodge a few and then wait to see how long it will keep using the move. On the fifth chuck I get sick of it and run over to gamble a topple, fail the gamble, I lose a huge chunk of health, jaggia and jaggi trying to pick me off for scraps. Monkey decides to spam ground pound moves at random, since I have tremor res, I run over with take a swing...

Boom.gif

We as in you and your cats?

Shengar

Yeah, of course. Do you mind if I'm working at the same time? I'm not dumb enough to cart by standing still while actively fighting it, but I may leave the zone for like 30 seconds and come back every once in awhile. If you do mind, we can do it another time. I have to be working for the next 8 hours.

No problem, Steve isn't that hard anyway.

No problem, Steve isn't that hard anyway.

Cool. I'll put up a room then. I'll edit with the info.

Edit:

50-4831-2054-8980

Shengar and I are farming G rank Seregios. If anyone else would like to join, they're welcome, but do note what I said to Shengar that I'll be stepping out of the active battle every once in awhile because I'm doing my work-from-home job at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom