• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Cool. I'll put up a room then. I'll edit with the info.

Edit:

50-4831-2054-8980

Shengar and I are farming G rank Seregios. If anyone else would like to join, they're welcome, but do note what I said to Shengar that I'll be stepping out of the active battle every once in awhile because I'm doing my work-from-home job at the same time.
I'm keen, gonna check if there's still room left. Need to get back into the swing of MonHun, spent too much time with Oreshika these past few days.

Edit: Or not, need to do a system update but it won't start since my battery power isn't high enough. Will need to let it charge for a bit.

Got all the Furious Rajang materials I need for my Honed Blade mixed set. Hard to find a room because not only can you not search specifically for Furious Rajang, barely anyone have the Furious Rajang quest.

Rajang's Heart (it's rare drop) being carve only is hilariously morbid.

Highwind

Finally got the Immortal Reactor from Raging Brachydios via Shiny after getting YET ANOTHER PALLIUM from an earlier shiny in the same fight. :)

Honestly I was dreading the fight initially but I've never felt more alive fighting a monster since Shagaru Magala.

Best scroll fight so far imo. :)

Ken

What do you do when you run out of raw meat lol. Harvest Tours for the raw meat reward plus quick aptonoths outside?

Fandangox

I am G1. Does anyone want to help me with 2 G1 rank quests? After that I can stay for a bit and do whatever quests is needed, but I may have to be called to do something, so I may be inactive for a while.

Ancient Steppe LR harvest tour is great. OHKO aptonoths, and they are plenty too

Thanks again for the help. I just couldn't bring myself to exit the screen and do work, like I was doing when I was playing with an RL friend. Would've felt too bad.

Guess I'll play Phoenix Wright while I work instead.

Shurayuki

Got all the Furious Rajang materials I need for my Honed Blade mixed set. Hard to find a room because not only can you not search specifically for Furious Rajang, barely anyone have the Furious Rajang quest.

Rajang's Heart (it's rare drop) being carve only is hilariously morbid.

It's not, I got 5 from the village subquest rewards, most sites don't seem to list it though.

(Also Rathalos Mantle and Ruby from charm runs...the game really rewards you for cheating)

Zornica

Banned
Good hunts! Got S Zin Skymerald from that last fight. God, S Ziggy is awful. Not awful like Yian Garuga, but it just won't give hunters room to breath
Seregios GS and SA is just so damn broken at cutting tail lol

Still want to farm Steve?

y, it's not all that often that you get a group that's committed for such a long time span.
sadly I really had to step out and get something to eat -_-

btw: I need money and was thinking about farming for rusty shards to sell those 20k weapons. any advice which harvesting tour might wield the best results?
high rank volcano maybe?

Shengar

y, it's not all that often that you get a group that's committed for such a long time span.

btw: I need money and was thinking about farming for rusty shards to sell those 20k weapons. any advice which harvesting tour might wield the best results?
high rank volcano maybe?

I think beside us (i'm Claratine btw), they were randoms. It's pretty great group, as nearly everything got decimated under 10 minutes lol

If you want to farm Ancient Shard, Vulcanic Hollow and Heaven's Mount is the best place.

Thanks again for the help. I just couldn't bring myself to exit the screen and do work, like I was doing when I was playing with an RL friend. Would've felt too bad.

Guess I'll play Phoenix Wright while I work instead.

If you want something done, booting up MH isn't advisable :p

javadoze

Anyone want to get the DLC Seregios (A Bigger Boat) quest out of the way real quick?

ID: 55-8002-9009-8845

Pass: 1234

EDIT: never mind

Shurayuki

high rank volcano maybe?

Finding my post(s) on this would take too long so I'm charmeleoning this from briola:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3JjWCMOCdU

Shards are a byproduct of this method. It's hands down the best way to do this. (I have 1,5m zenny and that's probably not even a lot compared to other ppl who do this)

Getting an armor with the ranger skill and fishing in dundorma might be good too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally got enough Triforces for anything that uses it; trying to get the DLC stuff out of the way before nobody wants to do them.

Scher

Farewell Butterfly X, it's time for us to part ways. Diablo X is going to have to carry me for now.

la3dhGS.jpg

d3IzXhU.jpg

Holding out for a better charm right now, but I think these skills should get me through until I start working on mixed sets and fun stuff like that.

Farewell Butterfly X, it's time for us to part ways. Diablo X is going to have to carry me for now.

la3dhGS.jpg

d3IzXhU.jpg

Holding out for a better charm right now, but I think these skills should get me through until I start working on mixed sets and fun stuff like that.

Nice. Diablos X female actually doesn't look bulky.

onionfrog

3 Earth Dragon Gems within 2 D. Mohran quests.
I didn't even want any...
The desire sensor is real as fuck.
I'm not complaining though! :D

R0ckman

People who have fought G rank rajang what did you do for his 3 homing blanka bounce? Only move that actually gave me any trouble.

Scher

Nice. Diablos X female actually doesn't look bulky.

Yeah! I was surprised at how much I liked the look of it in 3U. I used some Black Diablos parts for a mixed set and really liked how it looked. I'm thinking of using Diablos parts for a mixed set again. Just have to see what kind of charms I have once I get around to making one.

Pics_nao

How the hell do you fight Dalamadur? I've been carted so many times due to random meteors while I'm either climbing or healing or whatever.

Astarte

That Steve fight on the boat was hilarious. I didn't even try to use healing items, anytime I was in mild trouble I leaped off the boat and slept it off. The fight lasted shorter than the normal fight too :[

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have killed 4 tetsucabras breaking both lack legs trying to get a simple two claws. I have received zero claws. How does a 65% chance fail 4 times, AND the 18% chance on all 12 body carves, and 10% chance on all the drops for both missions? This is what I mean by chores. All I want are the arms to complete the rest of the set that came with ease.

Parts trading should be far more extensive. Why can't I trade one of my chilling beaks for some claws? Surely someone in this world would be interested in such a trade.

Kard8p3

GAF, been meaning to try bows, what ones should I be on the lookout for? Alternatively, anyone have any good combination of armor that works well?

rpmurphy

How the hell do you fight Dalamadur? I've been carted so many times due to random meteors while I'm either climbing or healing or whatever.
If he wraps around the pillar, climb up after him... you can attack his back, his claws, or his head (also 2 carves), and you can use bombs. When he starts moving back, you can attack his body. Other times, attack as possible (head, claws which can be broken, tail which can be cut off) until he falls and then get his head. Superman jump his super breath. It's confusing as hell at first.

Ken

GAF, been meaning to try bows, what ones should I be on the lookout for? Alternatively, anyone have any good combination of armor that works well?

Seregios is good if you don't want to deal with elemental management, but you do need to have Load Up skill to get its level 3 charge. It also only loads power, c. Range, and paint but starting out I don't think that's a bad thing. It's a pretty straightforward bow with rapid and power shot.

Kard8p3

Seregios is good if you don't want to deal with elemental management, but you do need to have Load Up skill to get its level 3 charge. It also only loads power, c. Range, and paint but starting out I don't think that's a bad thing. It's a pretty straightforward bow with rapid and power shot.

Sadly I don't have access to Seregios yet :(

Ridley327

:sees Hunter for Hire fails an HR Rathian hunt

I swear these HR runs are rigged to fail. You never get anything

:sees Hunter managed to snag a Rathian plate for a reward

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
:sees Hunter for Hire fails an HR Rathian hunt

I swear these HR runs are rigged to fail. You never get anything

:sees Hunter managed to snag a Rathian plate for a reward

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Back in my day you had to fail quests and use a ton of resources to get a plate. Nowadays, its like people are giving them out for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom