• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

Back in my day you had to fail quests and use a ton of resources to get a plate. Nowadays, its like people are giving them out for free.

I managed to get two Joe Gems in the same hunt. It really does seem like that this game adopts a "when it rains, it pours" philosophy to rewards.

VandalD

Killed caravan Teostra with 30 seconds left. Carted twice to its jumping into the air and exploding thing. Both times it was like it just said "I'm through with your shit" and blew up. Not sure what to do about that.
I'm about 2 quests away from HR 7. Is there a room to join?
I'd join you for a bit.

Leezard

Does anyone want to help me with my Ukanlos urgent?

48-6491-6960-2396

I'm up for hunting anything afterwards.

edit: closed the room, will try to join a pug.

Mupod

don't understand dalamadur at all. Did they design this thing assuming that everyone would just look up a guide? Went through every bomb in the chest, all my ammo, still not dead. It was staggering constantly so I assumed I was doing something right but I'm obviously not. Just a fucking stupid fight.

Wanderer5

Anyone want to help me beat that pink bitch to get to HR5?:p Kind of wish one round of urgent could count to all that has access to it heh.

22-3253-1503-9368

Edit: NM, hope this goes well like the last one heh.

HeeHo

I need some good hunters for the 3 boss event quest. I swear, more often than not, one guy single handedly fails the quest for 3 competent people. I have wasted 2 days and have only cleared the quest twice.

My NNID is Fou-Lu

Wanderer5

I am now at HR5, woo! Man was Pink Rathian's poison tail swipe kind of brutal.

Could start farming for Zinogre armor S but eh I probably wouldn't want to waste so much time on that for now heh.

Piscus

Quick random question for all you pros:

If I upgrade my low rank armor enough with armor spheres, will I eventually be able to use parts to convert that same low-rank armor into it's high-rank equivalent (like I think you could do in Tri), or does the low-rank armor eventually peak with spheres and I'll have to make the high-rank version of the armor from scratch (like in MH3U)?

Prototype

What does the abyssal Lagiacrus material make? Is Nether armor in the game?

I have some Of it but it didn't unlock any new armors to make.

tragic

Developer
Quick random question for all you pros:

If I upgrade my low rank armor enough with armor spheres, will I eventually be able to use parts to convert that same low-rank armor into it's high-rank equivalent (like I think you could do in Tri), or does the low-rank armor eventually peak with spheres and I'll have to make the high-rank version of the armor from scratch (like in MH3U)?

It doesn't convert to the HR version, but it can have the same armor (give or take a few points) with maximum upgrades.

Blitzhex

Some guy with the user name "aevanko" joined my lobby yesterday. Said he was gaijinhunter too. Is this for real or is it easy to copy others usernames in mh?
He was playing hunting horn.

Shengar

Some guy with the user name "aevanko" joined my lobby yesterday. Said he was gaijinhunter too. Is this for real or is it easy to copy others usernames in mh?
You can easily copy others name. But he likes to use hunting horn, so that might be him.

HeeHo

Me and another experienced player are grinding the Hero's Armor set. We need more people. We both rarely die on the quest but having a hard time finding people who don't.

If ya could help us out....

02 7574 4408 8532 gathering hall id

Vuze

There should be a way to easily check true identities. iirc in 3U you could easily see your comrades NNID by the press of a button.

Shengar

Cool, he was the first and only person to cart against the apex seregios we were killing though lol. But we killed it pretty fast, in 3 minutes or so.
Well everybody have their own share of bad luck everyday :p
Also, I don't think there's anyone who crazy enough to grind to G Rank just for faking their identity.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got a Tetsu S set for my gunner as high on armor rating as my Ceanataur armor was. I also somehow managed to get Health +50, Defense M, Negate Stun and Reload Speed +1 all at once, although with Gathering -1 but who cares when you're fighting.

Because of how some charms work out, if I ditch stun resistance and 30 of that extra HP (easily regained eating) I can do Wide-Range 2 and be a bro, which is actually very reasonable when switching from solo to multiplayer since I'd have less heat on me, so I'll keep that set around. Thing is, while the stun resistance option is more negotiable, because I'm using 2-slot gems for the wide-range I need to only use a gun with two slots, so I can't use my awesome Usurper's Crime+ without dropping to Wide-Range 1.

I'm also just about broke because I'm addicted to diversifying.

Leezard

Does affinity/crits on LBG/HBG affect elemental damage? I know the elemental damage is based on the raw damage for the guns, but are they affected by the affinity or is a high raw negative affinity gun simply great for elementals?

I got enough mats for a Ukanlos Flame Bow LBG, and it does have decent raw but -30% affinity. It's better than my current Ice LBG even if affinity affects the elemental at least.

Zornica

Banned
What does the abyssal Lagiacrus material make? Is Nether armor in the game?

I have some Of it but it didn't unlock any new armors to make.

I can tell you it makes for a great switch axe ;)

the armor is probably also in the game. too bad lagi isn't though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom