• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone feel like helping me with my Ukanlos urgent? I'm having some trouble with it, which is strange considering how similar it is to Akantor.

ID: 18-1291-3215-1955

Alright, so... I joined two randoms who seemed to know each other. They were acting as though they were Monster Hunter experts, elitists, really. They were G Crowned, or something. After bragging about how their armour was better than mine after I merely said 'hi' (and my armour was Daora X), they then said something about 'Dihiphering' a scroll.

We started to do a quest with some VERY tough monsters, including a frenzied Seregios, and a Rajang, too, and something else. One carted because they couldn't realise not to roll or attack when they have bleed, and then did it again, and the other person stayed at the base camp (they were still in the game, and not AFK). Then, I died from a pin attack.

So, a bit of a disaster all around. Then, after blaming me for dying straight after the quest was done (I never knew anyone could type so quickly on the 3DS keyboard), they then went on about 'Dehipering' the scroll, again. After about 15 seconds of thinking, I went against my better judgement and corrected them with the word's actual spelling, 'Decipher'.

I got kicked.

bobohoro

Anyone feel like helping me with my Ukanlos urgent? I'm having some trouble with it, which is strange considering how similar it is to Akantor.

ID: 18-1291-3215-1955

Still on and struggling? I'd be there to help in about 20 minutes.

Btw what do I do with all those Ukanlos gems I amassed while being ditched by randoms after doing their urgent and finally finding a group yesterday where we just did it four times to level up? I have 4, will probably use one for the GS, don't know what else to use it for. The armour isn't doing much for me, seeing as I can get G-Rank armours now, there is no CB and the Longsword also doesn't look too hot. Any other Ukanlos weapon that's a must if I want to try out different weapon styles?

Tried out Raging Brachydios. Fight feels a lot more laid back than its regular form, it just hits like a monster truck. Barely even had to heal myself. I did get fucked up pretty hard on my last run though. Went for an attack and I was tripped by a DB or something, slipped, got punched fell into slime then it exploded. That sequence burned through my Moxie too

ilium

Lonely Bow Hunter looking for other like minded people to advance into G3 via urgent quest.
My interests are: Shooting things in the face, setting up traps and long walks on the beach.
No strings attached.

Cipher: 55-4695-7786-3066
Safeword: 8008

R0ckman

Alright, so... I joined two randoms who seemed to know each other. They were acting as though they were Monster Hunter experts, elitists, really. They were G Crowned, or something. After bragging about how their armour was better than mine after I merely said 'hi' (and my armour was Daora X), they then said something about 'Dihiphering' a scroll.

We started to do a quest with some VERY tough monsters, including a frenzied Seregios, and a Rajang, too, and something else. One carted because they couldn't realise not to roll or attack when they have bleed, and then did it again, and the other person stayed at the base camp (they were still in the game, and not AFK). Then, I died from a pin attack.

So, a bit of a disaster all around. Then, after blaming me for dying straight after the quest was done (I never knew anyone could type so quickly on the 3DS keyboard), they then went on about 'Dehipering' the scroll, again. After about 15 seconds of thinking, I went against my better judgement and corrected them with the word's actual spelling, 'Decipher'.

I got kicked.

Why did the other guy sit at camp?

PetrCobra

I got kicked.

If I was you and didn't get kicked I'd probably just go on my own. Terrible. Luckily the MH community is generally much nicer than that.

Qurupeke

And Teostra is fucking cool too. It's a hybrid between a lion and a dragon, with tons of awesomeness. The fight is quite easy, surprisingly for an elder dragon.

blackflag

This has never happened to me in any MH game.

I got to azure rathalos offline and decided to farm for his armor. Like 80 A. Raths later I still have no ruby. Break everything and capture Everytime.

I should just move on but for some reason I cant. My brain won't let me. I have a mix of monblos and A. Rath gear so I'm fine I could easily progress on or offline but my brain is broken it seems.

Ultrabum

I got to azure rathalos offline and decided to farm for his armor. Like 80 A. Raths later I still have no ruby. Break everything and capture Everytime.

I should just move on but for some reason I cant. My brain won't let me. I have a mix of monblos and A. Rath gear so I'm fine I could easily progress on or offline but my brain is broken it seems.

Are you sure its the correct rank? You can double check at http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u

EDIT: Desire sensor OP

upandaway

At some point I'd suspect something isn't right and just try a bunch of stuff, like restarting the game (maybe it chooses some RNG on startup like with charms, I don't know) or doing an equivalent quest even if it has a slightly lower chance of a ruby.

Why did the other guy sit at camp?

I've seen tonnes of fat bastards leeching off of the backs of people who actually play the game.

I can guarantee you that if the monster died, they would have dashed towards it as quickly as possible to carve it.

If I was you and didn't get kicked I'd probably just go on my own. Terrible. Luckily the MH community is generally much nicer than that.

Ehh. This isn't my first negative experience online. Not even close. Half of all the games I play are good, the other half... Not so much. I think I'll play with GAF more often, instead.

EDIT: On a more positive note, I absolutely LOVE how Chameleos has changed from being of average difficulty to being one of the absolute nastiest monsters in the series.

PetrCobra

far enough to have a VE Golden ticket? Apparently it fetches you a Los Ruby in A. Steppe

Ehh. This isn't my first negative experience online. Not even close. Half of all the games I play are good, the other half... Not so much. I think I'll play with GAF more often, instead.

EDIT: On a more positive note, I absolutely LOVE how Chameleos has changed from being of average difficulty to being one of the absolute nastiest monsters in the series.

Haven't played online that much yet, maybe it got worse since the days I left 3U. The game does seem to be more popular than the previous entries in the West so I imagine it's possible.

Volcynika

Dumb question, as most of them are easily figured out, but is there a list of what image corresponds to what element/status effect?

Bastos

What's the thing everyone has with Deviljho? Hunted it for the first time today and was expecting the hunt of my life, only used 2 Mega Potions and had a lot of fun =p

Everybody talks about him so much that I thought the fight would be hard as hell.

R0ckman

What's the thing everyone has with Deviljho? Hunted it for the first time today and was expecting the hunt of my life, only used 2 Mega Potions and had a lot of fun =p

Everybody talks about him so much that I thought the fight would be hard as hell.

I think its fun feeding him tainted meat lol

Kinsei

Banned

It was the hardest regular monster in Tri (That's not saying much since without including elder dragons there were only 15 boss monsters in that game) and a lot of people started with Tri. It's only natural there'd be some hype about it.

In MH3U you'd be hunting a chicken, ready to fight a chicken, then he'd show up and NEVER GO AWAY, and you just want to fight the fucking chicken.

Ultrabum

Also when playing solo his pin is usually fatal, without dung bombs.

(why didn't I bring dung bombs oh god)

jackal27

Banned
Just popping in to say that I am crazy about this game. I think the problem I had playing Monster Hunter in the past was that it wasn't portable. Now that I can play on the go, I'm obsessed.

Also, the increase in mobility and the ability to mount has added so much to the game and made fights so much quicker. Everything about this game is just great. Love it.

Anura

Feeling not as sick today, actually I'm feeling pretty good. In fact, I feel like I can take on some apex Rajang!

Anyone want to join? I'll make a room if I get any takers.

Mupod

In Tri high rank, he'd randomly crash your quests and gank you. If Qurupeco was involved, raise probability of that happening to 100%.

He was a lot faster and hit harder in that game, too. That said, there are Deviljho variants in this game that are pretty nasty.

The Crimson Fatalis Insect Glaive is hilariously easy to make. No rare items outside of the Large Elder Dragon Gem. Might just have to kill it one more time before I can max it out.

Bastos

I think its fun feeding him tainted meat lol
Bahahaha! Exactly what I did! He ate poisoned, tainted and drugged. I thought to myself: "he looks like a T-Rex, sure he'll eat everything I drop on the ground" and so he did LOL.

It was the hardest regular monster in Tri (That's not saying much since without including elder dragons there were only 15 boss monsters in that game) and a lot of people started with Tri. It's only natural there'd be some hype about it.
In MH3U you'd be hunting a chicken, ready to fight a chicken, then he'd show up and NEVER GO AWAY, and you just want to fight the fucking chicken.
Ohh got it. Then Joe is kinda like Tigrex from MHF2, you're just a newbie hunter happily doing your thing and then SHAZAM MOTHERFUCKER! a Tigrex appear out of nowhere.
Also when playing solo his pin is usually fatal, without dung bombs.

(why didn't I bring dung bombs oh god)
I brought dung bombs to the fight but I'd probably have died if it wasn't for the Wystone buff.
In Tri high rank, he'd randomly crash your quests and gank you. If Qurupeco was involved, raise probability of that happening to 100%.

He was a lot faster and hit harder in that game, too. That said, there are Deviljho variants in this game that are pretty nasty.
I wish Seregios would stop showing up over all my parties >.>

Volcynika

Anyone know how many low rank quests there are in the last set on single player? (I think it's 6*) Been working on going through them, as most are two frenzied monsters, but they keep adding new ones.

Kinsei

Banned
Is anyone else waiting until they're HR100 before starting G rank? I want to fully complete the 7* quests before moving on.

Anyone know how many low rank quests there are in the last set on single player? (I think it's 6*) Been working on going through them, as most are two frenzied monsters, but they keep adding new ones.

There are 21 6* quests (29 if you count the urgents). Of those quests 16 are low rank.

Single player goes up to 10* not 6*.

Dalamadur or I have no idea what I'm doing.

Once you know where to attack it's not so bad. Still a terrible "going through the motions" fight though.

Shiina

The Crimson Fatalis Insect Glaive is hilariously easy to make. No rare items outside of the Large Elder Dragon Gem. Might just have to kill it one more time before I can max it out.

It's damn expensive, though. Made it yesterday to complement my Anubis and it ran me about 400k +/-.

Volcynika

There are 21 6* quests (29 if you count the urgents). Of those quests 16 are low rank.

Single player goes up to 10* not 6*.

Well I meant the level 6 or whatever quests in single player, I have unlocked the high rank stuff, just finishing off the low rank ones. Forgot the quests have a star rating.

Bastos

BTW is there a list of the Caravan and Guild Quests that I have to complete to unlock more quests?

I still have a lot of *6 Caravan quests to unlock and I'm already *10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom