• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted yet? 4 charge blades sleep & stun locking a Molten Tigrex....it didn't stand a chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayVSQom-las&list=PLp_druqX76dgZhk_AJcMcfSSijoDF3yB4&index=2

Found it on reddit here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2ybo01/4_charge_blades_vs_a_molten_tigrex/

and a good explanation of whats happening

SlowlyHomoeroticism said:
That's what happens when four people with sleep status weapons are all constantly attacking a monster.
What is basically happening is:
  • They attack it a whole lot, it fills the invisible sleep status bar on the monster, it takes a nap.
  • They all have their shield charged, and have full phials. This means they can use Ultra Elemental Burst.
  • Since the phial type on that weapon is impact, it does KO damage. KO means it's stunned and falls over. A single person with a UEB can KO just about anything, all four of them basically means no matter the resistance this thing builds up to KO damage, it will be KO'd.
  • They're also hitting it simultaneously, while it's sleeping. Which means it's taking 3x the damage from at least ONE of those.
  • The result is the monster is KO'd directly after waking up, which knocks it over.
  • Rinse and repeat.
It's not OP, only because the amount of planning and timing put into it borders on the insane. These guys are clearly doing some pro-fucking-around.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Man, how the hell do the guild quests work? I've fought like three Basarios in an expedition, got like 3 Wyvern Tears, each time getting a notification about new information registering with the guild. So I go and end the quest, and I get a Yian Kut-Ku guild quest... I didn't even fight a god damn Yian Kut-Ku. It's really fucking annoying, because I already have like 5 Yian Kut-Ku quests, and there's no way to fight the Basarios outside of expedition without the guild quest.

Leezard

Man, how the hell do the guild quests work? I've fought like three Basarios in an expedition, got like 3 Wyvern Tears, each time getting a notification about new information registering with the guild. So I go and end the quest, and I get a Yian Kut-Ku guild quest... I didn't even fight a god damn Yian Kut-Ku. It's really fucking annoying, because I already have like 5 Yian Kut-Ku quests, and there's no way to fight the Basarios outside of expedition without the guild quest.

This is probably the best available info:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/wiki/guild_quest_monsters

In order to do things like that you need to be on vent or mumble. Nearly impossible without it.

Yeah, with me and my buddy, we've been skyping while playing. I've never seen high level monster hunter play but man its eye opening the stuff you can pull off in this game

edit: it did seem like they where pinging the map to synchronize their UEB

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So help me god I will border-cheese and capture Gore Magala every goddamn time.

ilium

zlCfzTF7kl0qtWRPaB

Started and finished my set today, was lucky with the drops!

Evasion +2
Focus
Load Up
Stamina Recovery Up
Heat Cancel
Double Poison :\

Shengar

zlCfzTF7kl0qtWRPaB

Started and finished my set today, was lucky with the drops!

Evasion +2
Focus
Load Up
Stamina Recovery Up
Heat Cancel
Double Poison :\

Finally you got the Kushala set you want for so long, and that was really quick too!
Meanwhile I haven't received even a single daora gem for my weapon upgrade ;__;

So, we're discussing it in our room and i think it's worth being noted; If you have a lower rank person doing higher rank missions in your group, they absolutely get credit towards their eventual urgent quests.

burgerdog

6 hours and im not even that far in lol love it

You know how other games have a 15 minute tutorial in which you just hold up and they tell you how to shoot and crouch? Congrats, you're almost out of the tutorial in MH. It's about to get real good soon.

^
Yup, we've had a hunter get two urgents back to back.

ilium

Finally you got the Kushala set you want for so long, and that was really quick too!
Meanwhile I haven't received even a single daora gem for my weapon upgrade ;__;

i was actually prepared to grind kushala for the next few days, but the game decided to be generous for once.

no worries tho, we will get you some daora gems tomorrow! i feel like i don't have any ambition left, now that i got my set, ha!

i got so many daora gems today...

...don't hate me pls :<

Zornica

Banned
Yay! Finished my first clown-GS set

Attack +++
Quick Sheath
Critical Draw
HG Earplugs
Razor Sharp

Good thing I got that Attack+10 2 slot charm a few days ago.
sadly no Sharpness +1 though

OmegaZero

Man people are so fast lol.
I'm not even at G rank yet, just taking my time clearing quests and playing with weapons I didn't try in MH3U.

Anyone got some tips for getting Rath Medullas?
EDIT: So far, I've been fighting HR Azurelos, breaking his back with mounts and then capping him.

EDIT: vvvvvvvv Dat set tho...

jorgejjvr

Finally! I finished my mixed set! Tell me what you guys think!

Mind's eye
Sharpness +1
Weakness Exploit
Speed sharpening
Speed gathering
Palico cheer
Tremor res

-Alternis

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks for the help with Might and Melody! It's too bad EX Ingot requires so much damn yoldspar.

Man people are so fast lol.
I'm not even at G rank yet, just taking my time clearing quests and playing with weapons I didn't try in MH3U.

Anyone got some tips for getting Rath Medullas?
EDIT: So far, I've been fighting HR Azurelos, breaking his back with mounts and then capping him.

EDIT: vvvvvvvv Dat set tho...

You're really unlucky. Try and cut the tail too for an extra chance at one.

jorgejjvr

Thanks for the help with Might and Melody! It's too bad EX Ingot requires so much damn yoldspar.

Just mine area three of the heavenly mountain, and any other places with ore. It's not that uncommon. It may be "rare" in terms of percentage, but it's easily counter by how much you're able to mine.

-Alternis

Kinsei

Banned
Just mine area three of the heavenly mountain, and any other places with ore. It's not that uncommon. It may be "rare" in terms of percentage, but it's easily counter by how much you're able to mine.

-Alternis

It took me 10 harvest tours to get 6 pieces for one of my weapons. It's been really rare for me.

Kinsei

Banned
Ouch. I suppose maybe I was just lucky then, I have like around 60 chunks of the stuff in my box.

-Alternis

Are you mining in high rank or G rank? In high rank it only comes from the golden mining points and Dalamadur's meteors which is why it's been pretty rare for me.

jorgejjvr

Are you mining in high rank or G rank? In high rank it only comes from the golden mining points and Dalamadur's meteors which is why it's been pretty rare for me.

Although I am in G rank (and can say it's much more common there), you have my word that when I used to be in high rank, I still found it decently often. I would just mine the Golden spots, and if I got nothing, I'd abandon. Although I don't remember doing as many quests as you did.

-Alternis

Edit: In retrospect this is probably because I didn't focus on getting it, I just mined whenever there was a quest in the heavenly mountains (like Zinogre or rathalos).

Kinsei

Banned
Although I am in G rank (and can say it's much more common there), you have my word that when I used to be in high rank, I still found it decently often. I would just mine the Golden spots, and if I got nothing, I'd abandon. Although I don't remember doing as many quests as you did.

-Alternis

Edit: In retrospect this is probably because I didn't focus on getting it, I just mined whenever there was a quest in the heavenly mountains (like Zinogre or rathalos).

That's probably it. I never mine unless I actually need something you get from it or I end up starting in the secret area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom