• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

So, when I get good enough to never get hit or cart. OK. Until then I'll hone for defense I think.

don't do this to me. as fellow lancers, it's my job to steer you to the right path

go attack, always go attack. we're supposed to be sidsestep and backhopping everything. and if that fails, our shield is there. taking minimal damage is our motto, man

XaosWolf

Fantastic hunts with SpaceDrake, Bacon_Boss and Iceman829!

We were all brethren of Rathalos hatred, so much so that we accidentally killed him twice.

I'm back on from 6PM GMT if anyone's here then.

We were all brethren of Rathalos hatred, so much so that we accidentally killed him twice.

Rathalos is such a butt.

Anyway I would do more but damn I need a break :v

Iceman829

I had a lot of fun playing with you guys. We were just getting some practice in for the kill quest later on.

I started out the day stuck on 1* and between some random french group from this morning and picked up with you guys in the evening and now I'm working my way through 3*. Now I just need to figure out what weapon or armor I want to make next.

I can only play in the evenings (EST) during the week, so maybe I'll see you around one day.

I am honestly amazed at how many times i've gotten monsters to sleep with these dual blades. I wonder if it's because of the new changes to them that allows it to be more effective than before?

javadoze

10 hunts or so later...
B_oJI-2UcAAPaOm.jpg:large

...And even then, it took me 2 more to get another Brach pounder.

The Desire Sensor is very real...

Kinsei

Banned
I have 2 chilling beaks - nothing for Ceanataur armor is showing up...

Clues?

Do you have Ceanataur parts unlocked at the Wycoon?

I got monster hunter 4 what are the differences between 4 and ultimate.

G rank, A new story after the MH4 story, 26 more monsters, apex monsters, new moves for the weapons, new cat types, two new areas, G rank expeditions, and there's probably more I'm forgetting.

OmegaZero

I got monster hunter 4 what are the differences between 4 and ultimate.

For starters:
-Weapon rebalancing/changes (charge blade got a major series of changes).
-More monsters and subspecies.
-G Rank difficulty quests for both Caravan and Guild Hall.
-New armor skills.
-Cross over DLC with various nintendo/capcom franchises.

That's off the top of my head.

PKrockin

don't do this to me. as fellow lancers, it's my job to steer you to the right path

go attack, always go attack. we're supposed to be sidsestep and backhopping everything. and if that fails, our shield is there. taking minimal damage is our motto, man
I don't have evasion +3 yet. Of course marginally more damage is optimal if you're a hardcore expert who would maybe get hit once in any given hunt, but I'm at the point where I'm more interested in taking significantly less damage against some new monster I'm not good fighting yet rather than shaving seconds off clear times.

edit: wait, I was misreading how much it boosts attack.

I use the attack wystone if it makes you feel better. I don't have trouble with Frenzy so I felt fine going for that.

Disconnections suck.
yep

At least I got two plates from that shaggy, not that I need them in the slightest. Thanks, desire sensor.

Stupid Act of Gog. As if the original wasn't bad enough now it one shots clean off of the sweep attack

I just wanna trade for Miralis parts. Fuck you Wycoon

Shokio

Neo Member
Anyone wanna help me get to G3? I have like half of them done already.

27 - 1227 - 9387 - 7504

The password is 1111

Oh snaps! Killed rathalos like 6 times. Got enough mats for a new hammer, a new bow, and a full set of ranged armor!

So, being a new bow user, i went for power bows because i want the pew+pew combo you get my tapping x after a charged shot. I only have 3 slots so i can prob get +fire 1 and attack M before charms.

1) is this a bad idea

2) Should i prioritize getting poison on the monster or just work the power coat/hit it many times angle until it falls over?

3) since i'm ranged now, should i drop all this for a velocipray armor at hr 4 or hold onto it until pink rath or some other reason. I'm asking because i'm unsure how important straight defense is for bow users.

Oh snaps! Killed rathalos like 6 times. Got enough mats for a new hammer, a new bow, and a full set of ranged armor!

So, being a new bow user, i went for power bows because i want the pew+pew combo you get my tapping x after a charged shot. I only have 3 slots so i can prob get +fire 1 and attack M before charms.

1) is this a bad idea

2) Should i prioritize getting poison on the monster or just work the power coat/hit it many times angle until it falls over?

3) since i'm ranged now, should i drop all this for a velocipray armor at hr 4 or hold onto it until pink rath or some other reason. I'm asking because i'm unsure how important straight defense is for bow users.

If you're confident in not getting hit, wear whatever armor gives the skills you want. Poison is good (especially against gravios) but not a must. Power coating should be your priority, I'd think (any bow users, correct me if I'm wrong since I've yet to bow in this game; my bow knowledge is from MHFU).

Ken

If you're confident in not getting hit, wear whatever armor gives the skills you want. Poison is good (especially against gravios) but not a must. Power coating should be your priority, I'd think (any bow users, correct me if I'm wrong since I've yet to bow in this game; my bow knowledge is from MHFU).

Yeah power coating is must have.

Firehead

Alright, made it to Cheeko Sands. Did not have fun with that battle on the ship.

Now, when should I start attempting to play online with people?
Have finally got most of the tetsucabra set (Minus the boots and helmet. Gotta get three more claws for it.) and a kecha whappa horn as my weapon.
And what're those numbers everyone's posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom