• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, GAF... I asked for help last time, and instead helped out everyone barring myself... For the Gogmazios Urgent Quest, if you would be so kind as to help me: 13-9630-1401-4021

Welp, I got disconnected. :(

But I managed to solo it!

265zteO.jpg

Kssio_Aug

Allright! Tomorrow I'll buy my New 3DS XL.
I'm still in doubt if I'll buy one or two games, and wich they're gonna be between Pokemon, Zelda ALBW or Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. This game sounds amazing as the other options though!

Squishy3

So I'm finally starting the online, doing HR1 stuff even though everyone's already way ahead of me. :p Already did Bug Burger and Kecha Konundrum, but would be willing to do again.

11-4719-3298-3534

pass 4816

OceanBlue

Had the material to make a gunlance so I just made one. It feels really weird to use lol. I feel more immobile than when I use HBG. I've never used a lance or a gunlance before.

Been playing this almost exclusively when I have time. In middle of Village 8 and Hall 4. Broke 100 plays using Great Sword, the Thrashgashblade (w/water elements) and good ol' Khezu Shock Blade dominating for now. I did divert into using S&S during a Yian Garuga S&S-biased guild quest run, but annoyingly I'm blocked from advancing past lvl 31 until HR6 (depends on monster, Velocidrome only needed HR4 to advance to 32+). Back to the game soon.

tragic

Developer
Had the material to make a gunlance so I just made one. It feels really weird to use lol. I feel more immobile than when I use HBG. I've never used a lance or a gunlance before.

It takes some getting used to, but for me, it's one of the most satisfying weapons in all of MH. I only play Wide (for Shelling / Charge Shots) and it's all about picking your spot and hitting them for massive damage when you see an opening. Not much beats upwards Charge Shotting monsters out of the air, too!

Definitely takes practice and doesn't really feel like any other weapon.

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone want to do Might and Melody to get the tickets to make EX Ingot? Keep in mind that you need to be HR4 to take the quest.

01-9714-6532-7107

jorgejjvr

I'm a little disappointed they didn't include an EX Permanence weapon as a reward for the low rank Dah'ren event quest...

-Alternis

wiibomb

I really need help, the powederstone quest from HR5* is too difficult on solo, anyone wanna help me finish it? Just that one... May be the mistentoes later, but that one is the most important for me to get out

My room is 27-6253-0499-0858

Trying to get my buddy to hr3

Anyone wanna help us capture khezu then fight Gore Magala?

45-0843-4704-5671

Passcode 1337

Thx!!!

I'll join this in a second if there's still room.

Personally, I too need some HR3 stuff, and while I could solo that shit, who wants to do that :V

tuffy

That I knew but I mean I thought guard skills didn't apply to that shield.
Though Guard +1/2 might not work, it seems Guard Up does apply to the HBG's shield. I forged a quick Gravios U set and the skill displayed as active when equipping a shielded HBG but grayed-out when equipping a non-shielded HBG or LBG. It probably works like regular Guard Up and makes things an HBG's shield doesn't block regularly (like Gravios' beam) blockable.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally made a 1k damage glaive.

If anybody wants to do the online quests to unlock the 2nd wystone slot: 24-6617-7755-7738

I really need help, the powederstone quest from HR5* is too difficult on solo, anyone wanna help me finish it? Just that one... May be the mistentoes later, but that one is the most important for me to get out

My room is 27-6253-0499-0858

I can help. Is your room still open?

Though Guard +1/2 might not work, it seems Guard Up does apply to the HBG's shield. I forged a quick Gravios U set and the skill displayed as active when equipping a shielded HBG but grayed-out when equipping a non-shielded HBG or LBG. It probably works like regular Guard Up and makes things an HBG's shield doesn't block regularly (like Gravios' beam) blockable.

Welp, I guess I should look into using a shield on my HBG's.

XaosWolf

Sorry all. Got caught in a full room with Sah and ended up helping people farm some stuff. (Everyone wants Tetsu stuff)

Will be up for some more tomorrow about 6PM GMT if anyone's around then. I'm HR3 but would be happy to get people up to and beyond that. =)

So uh... I'm at hunter rank 9 in single player and it would seem that somewhere along the way i missed the mission that lets wycoon multiply bug nectars. Anyone know which mission i'm missing?

tragic

Developer
Anyone for Grim Quartet? Only thing I have in G3 showing (cycled it a few times). Might as well get it out of the way.

Arena, 4 Monsters All Glory!

67-4654-2163-1121

tuffy

Welp, I guess I should look into using a shield on my HBG's.
In my experience, I think the shield has gotten better! I got sick of A. Rath's incessant homing claw grabs and decided to try it out; I figured the reduction in attack power might be offset by not having to sheathe and chug antidotes so often. In practice, it seems like the amount of chip damage one takes is a lot less and the knockback is smaller than it used to be.

Though I've started to roll through those grabs now on reflex, so I may not need it much longer after all.

Seil

So uh... I'm at hunter rank 9 in single player and it would seem that somewhere along the way i missed the mission that lets wycoon multiply bug nectars. Anyone know which mission i'm missing?

Snowbound Showdown in Caravan 8.

Missions that unlock Wycoon features and trades have a fang/talon tag on the left prior to completion, btw.

In my experience, I think the shield has gotten better! I got sick of A. Rath's incessant homing claw grabs and decided to try it out; I figured the reduction in attack power might be offset by not having to sheathe and chug antidotes so often. In practice, it seems like the amount of chip damage one takes is a lot less and the knockback is smaller than it used to be.

Though I've started to roll through those grabs now on reflex, so I may not need it much longer after all.

I believe that's the Black Gravios/Zinogre dual hunt.

Thanks!

Snowbound Showdown in Caravan 8.

Missions that unlock Wycoon features and trades have a fang/talon tag on the left prior to completion, btw.

I'll do both! lol

XaosWolf

Bah, sleep is for the weak and well rested!

Really wanna get to HR4 so I can do stuff on lunch break tomorrow! Who's still around?

Kard8p3

oh yea before I forget is there anywhere to get quality monster icon images at? I was wanting to use one for my steam avatar, but they're all below 100x100, and blowing them up looks like ass.

Ken

Is there any way to put specific combos on the touch screen for combining? Like I want a one button press to make power coatings etc.

Highwind

Wish people would stop fighting the monster at the fucking zone entrance/in a corner. Just putting yourself in a box and setting yourself up to get cleared out. -_-

Then that happens and the quest fails, or you can't re-enter the zone after getting knocked out of it cause everyone is fighting the monster right at the entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom