• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also what i got at pax.
ljTne81.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ. Frenzied Brachydios is erratic as fuck. STOP MOVING FOR 1 SECOND PLEASE
Funny you mention that. I just fought the village one and I think when he's in frenzy it's just like fighting him already raged since the slime blows up nearly as soon anyways.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just an FYI you need a Daora gem to make a better CB. Unless you;re making them all you;re better off saving it.

I only see 3 Charge blades that use the Daora gem and the Caedus one looks like a side grade to the daora one.

It's got slightly more raw, less element, no 10% affinity and less purple.

The more raw is great but I don't think I'd flat out consider it totally superior. Also it has no slots, I needed something with slots for this goofy set I'm putting together.

jorgejjvr

I was wondering if you'll eventually see these monsters online, regardless of how long it takes to unlock them. If they're unlock able then what is the criteria?

G rank Gold/Silver Rathian/Rathalos
Savage Deviljho
Raging Brachydios
Kirin and it's subspecies (G or not)
Fatalis and it's subspecies (G or not)
Dalamadur subspecies

Thanks for helping out! Any feedback is appreciated!

-Alternis

I only see 3 Charge blades that use the Daora gem and the Caedus one looks like a side grade to the daora one.

It's got slightly more raw, less element, no 10% affinity and less purple.

The more raw is great but I don't think I'd flat out consider it totally superior. Also it has no slots, I needed something with slots for this goofy set I'm putting together.

Different element. Water gets a lot of mileage in this game

jorgejjvr

I've seen people with certain weapons I haven't unlocked. For example, the ceadeus charge blade. How do you acquire it? Do you gain it from expeditions or by trading materials with the Wycoon?

-Alternis

Has this been posted yet? 4 charge blades sleep & stun locking a Molten Tigrex....it didn't stand a chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayVSQom-las&list=PLp_druqX76dgZhk_AJcMcfSSijoDF3yB4&index=2

Found it on reddit here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2ybo01/4_charge_blades_vs_a_molten_tigrex/

and a good explanation of whats happening

I don't know which is more awesome/hilarious:
a) That perfect coordination
b) The look of four CB wielders doing that special attack
or c) The poor Moltex Tigrex

Kinsei

Banned
I was wondering if you'll eventually see these monsters online, regardless of how long it takes to unlock them. If they're unlock able then what is the criteria?

G rank Gold/Silver Rathian/Rathalos
Savage Deviljho
Raging Brachydios
Kirin and it's subspecies (G or not)
Fatalis and it's subspecies (G or not)
Dalamadur subspecies

Thanks for helping out! Any feedback is appreciated!

-Alternis

G rank Gold/Silver - DLC only
Savage Deviljho - It can randomly appear in various high rank quests
Raging Brachydios - Decipher the seventh scroll
Kirin - Out now in the "Three Virtues" quest
Oroshi Kirin - Out in a DLC quest next month
Fatalis - (High Rank) Reach HR70, (G Rank) DLC
Crimson Fatalis - Decipher the tenth scroll
G rank Dalamadur - DLC
Shah Dalamadur - Decipher the fifth scroll

I've seen people with certain weapons I haven't unlocked. For example, the ceadeus charge blade. How do you acquire it? Do you gain it from expeditions or by trading materials with the Wycoon?

-Alternis

Trading with the Wycoon. Ceadeus parts are unlocked by doing the high rank quest "Naked and Afraid" where you have to fight two Deviljho in the arena and you can;t wear any armor or charms.

Trading with the Wycoon. Ceadeus parts are unlocked by doing the high rank quest "Naked and Afraid" where you have to fight two Deviljho in the arena and you can;t wear any armor or charms.

Welp, that sounds awful. :(

I guess a G-rank weapon would help some but yeesh.

la_briola

I tweaked my armor set for high level GQ Teo.
Switched out some armor parts to get Bio Researcher.

zlCfzTF8jrYja4RbnM

I really need better boots with torso up... but there are none. :lol

This post is mostly for MuchiMuchiPink and JimPanzer.

Kinsei

Banned
Never say never! Well, ok maybe never but maybe it's like the last naked jho event where it was in G but it had the power of a high rank one. And don't forget the gate that you can use to keep em apart.

They do have lowered strength, but I don't think the gate is active in that quest.

jorgejjvr

So wait, are the high rank DLC quests that recently came out and feature G rathian and S Rathalos actually G rank in terms of damage, health, and rewards?

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Ugh, so now I got to focus on doing those Wycoon quests, huh? Well, are there any good "must have" charge blades obtainable only via the Wycoon?

-Alternis

Kinsei

Banned
So wait, are the high rank DLC quests that recently came out and feature G rathian and S Rathalos actually G rank in terms of damage, health, and rewards?

-Alternis

No. The G rank Gold DLC and Silver DLC will come later.

Ugh, so now I got to focus on doing those Wycoon quests, huh? Well, are there any good "must have" charge blades obtainable only via the Wycoon?

-Alternis

The Ceadeus CB is the only CB that requires you to trade for parts.

jorgejjvr

No. The G rank Gold DLC and Silver DLC will come later.

The Ceadeus CB is the only CB that requires you to trade for parts.

Really? That's odd.... I swear I've seen other charge blades that seem great. Like one that glows a deep red. Am I to assume it's obtained via expeditions?

-Alternis

Squishy3

I honestly that Khezu has no music. Hate.
He had a glitched mission in Freedom, there was a quest that required you to hunt three Iodrome but there was also a Khezu lurking in the same map. If you encountered the Khezu, it would play music even if there weren't any Iodrome, lol.

jorgejjvr

Deep red? That sounds like the Crimson Fatalis CB.

Ah! Thanks for all the info! Finally, I want to ask one more thing. What's with expedition armor and weapons? Are they really all that vital for the endgame in terms of defense and attack, respectively? Are you expected to do many expeditions to hopefully possibly get good gear?

-Alternis

Kinsei

Banned
Ah! Thanks for all the info! Finally, I want to ask one more thing. What's with expedition armor and weapons? Are they really all that vital for the endgame in terms of defense and attack, respectively? Are you expected to do many expeditions to hopefully possibly get good gear?

-Alternis

It's basically an infinite loop. You get a good excavated weapon from a level 140 monster to make fighting level 140 monsters easier to get more excavated weapons.

I ask thinking about honing my weapon, but seeing that all 3 paths are viable has kinda frozen me. Do I go for a 10% damage boost, a 10% armor boost that also comes with divine protection, or a free potion every couple of hits? Gah.

At least it can be changed, but I'd hate to waste 3 L Zeniths.

Kinsei

Banned
I ask thinking about honing my weapon, but seeing that all 3 paths are viable has kinda frozen me. Do I go for a 10% damage boost, a 10% armor boost that also comes with divine protection, or a free potion every couple of hits? Gah.

At least it can be changed, but I'd hate to waste 3 L Zeniths.

Damage. Always damage.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Are they fucking serious with this shit? Goddamn

tuffy

xUSB1fq.jpg

Hello Sunsear my old friend, I've come to hunt with you again.

I spent so much time farming this gun's high rank counterpart in 3 Ultimate that I just had to do it again for old time's sake. And just like last time, I got a lot faster against good old A. Rath after a bunch of hunts against him.

Kinsei

Banned
Wtf, no armor or charms on that 2x Deviljho arena quest? Hmmm.. wonder if it'll be tougher than the 2x Rajang arena from MHFU.

That quest was super simple if you used a bow or LBG. That being said, this quest is only high rank and the Jhos deal less damage so it balances out.

I'm really not sure why they bother making these no armor quests if they;re going to make the monsters deal less damage.

ohlawd

any G rank rooms open?

if not, anyone wanna farm HR Rajang for tails then horns? maybe do G version after I get all the HR mats I need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom