• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colombo

Bought it and won't play on my 3DS as I just bought the N3DSXL but can't transfer all my stuff until I get a 32 gb micro SD card. So sad and jeaous.

Demoli

Najarala is so much fnu to fight, favourite new monster by far.

Zamtrios is also pretty good.

Using the charge Blade, curently with velocidrome armour, what is the next natural evolution? Rathalos? Gore, Diablos?

Kinsei

Banned
Najarala is so much fnu to fight, favourite new monster by far.

Zamtrios is also pretty good.

Using the charge Blade, curently with velocidrome armour, what is the next natural evolution? Rathalos? Gore, Diablos?

Rathalos has attack up so that's what I'm going for. I'm currently in the 4* quests still using level 1 Derring armor.

Kazerei

Banned
Anyone for quick HR1 just the key quests, got high rank gear so shouldnt take me long regardless

I'm down.

What's the best way to go about farming Velocidrome? I made the Tetsucabra armor but its pretty lame

Menu > Guild Quests > Manage List

From there you should see a list of monsters you've researched in Expedition. Check Velocidrome and register the quest.

Then go to the Gathering Hall, go to the quest counter and it should be listed under Guild Quests.

Card Boy

Banned
I am torn between the Long Sword and Insect Glaive. The Great Sword and Switch Axe is decent aswell. Hunting Horn just confuses me.

Mupod

oh god why do they make the capture tutorial monster out of paper. Gendrome is even worse than Arzuros, I killed it in one mount + greatsword combo the first time. I'd hit it maybe twice before that.

Granted I got that upgraded jaggi GS and attack up medium from velociprey armor. I didn't bother farming up any armor sets in P3rd and MH3U until fairly late, but it seems you don't get the passive +50 defense in this game so it was well worth the trouble.

OmegaFax

This is my first MH game ... so eh, what am I supposed to do? There's a town (Val something) ... and do I do the quests there or at the gathering hall ... or after the two starter quests, do I jump online?

deim0s

This is my first MH game ... so eh, what am I supposed to do? There's a town (Val something) ... and do I do the quests there or at the gathering hall ... or after the two starter quests, do I jump online?

Talk with the NPCs, get your first quests from the Guildmarm.

Korten

Banned
I get a Wyvern egg... I bring it to the red box in a gathering quest and I can't do anything? Are eggs pointless unless you have a mission for it?

gembel

Noob question. How do i lock on to monsters? The button on the touchpad shows a "?" and doesnt show the monster to press at all...

popyea

I get a Wyvern egg... I bring it to the red box in a gathering quest and I can't do anything? Are eggs pointless unless you have a mission for it?

Yes, haha. Otherwise if you break them they're useful for luring whatever monster it might belong to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom