• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onionfrog

Stupid question:

How do I complete an expedition?

I killed the velocidrome, but the option to return to the village is greyed out in the paysr menu.

Stupid question:

I killed the velocidrome, but the option to return to the village is greyed out in the paysr menu.

I just finished this part. Keep following the arrows, I think the expedition only ends when you reach the end and find the wagon

Stupid question:

You have to keep going to the end of the area you're exploring. There will be a wagon to use to go back to the village.
Edit:beaten

Korten

Banned
Do people join rooms online often? Cause like If I want to hunt a monster, and willing to let others join. Will it be a long time before anyone joins?

Fandangox

Do people join rooms online often? Cause like If I want to hunt a monster, and willing to let others join. Will it be a long time before anyone joins?

Before anyone at all joins? I don't think so, some rooms take time to get completely full though, depends on what its being hunted.

MrPanic

Nice, can finally have two cats with me, I really like the hire mechanic.

Gotta say though, this game is crazy easy on low rank caravan, monster die so quick compared to mh3u. I won't complain though since I'm still having a blast, but you can really tell they tried to make this game's early game more assessable for casuals. I heared the late game might even be harder than mh3u's so I won't mind them trying to make early game more 'profitable'.

ohlawd

so help me clear this up with mounting

if I hit a monster enough times with a jumping attack, I'll mount

shit man I've tried mounting a Great Jaggi (just practice since it doesn't hit hard) a buncha times and nothing. I've come from all directions trying to land on this thing. its face, its neck, its back, its tail... lol

shit man I've tried mounting a Great Jaggi (just practice since it doesn't hit hard) a buncha times and nothing. I've come from all directions trying to land on this thing. its face, its neck, its back, its tail... lol

Do you get the knockdown animation at all? Sometimes the monster falls a bit too far away from you and you have to run up to him to trigger the mounting. Otherwise idk, if you're actually hitting shit in the air it should trigger.

PKrockin

I seem to have an easier time knocking over monsters with jump attacks when they're tired or right after they do a powerful attack. I mounted a ton of times on my first jump attack so it seems like a percentage chance based on some factors rather than "jump attack a certain number of times to mount"

I still can't get jumping down and it makes me a sad panda and I got carted to gypceros. Didn't know it was a poison monster and it caught me off guard when it faked being dead. I feel like a rookie all over again xD

BokehKing

Banned
Just bought a 3ds to play this game, love it, but realizing I should just return the 3ds to best buy, be patient and order the new 3ds, I need to control the camera with that c-stick, I can't mess with the D-day on screen or the console itself to do this for me

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So people playing on an old 3ds like I am: What's the best camera technique you've found? I mean both in terms of the options in the option menu, as well as what you use to control the camera. Worth keeping that digital d pad on the touch screen? Should I really only be focusing on the L button? What's the best setting for that?

Neku054

Neo Member
Just met the "Ace hunters" and so far its definitely a much better "Beginning" than all other monsters hunters theres no doubt about that. instead of 3-5 hours of meaningless quests it only takes about an hour to get to the large monsters (and not just Great Jaggi)

I think i might go ahead and hope online soon if anyone else is up to it. So far i've been sticking to the Charge Blade to get a handle on it but also have SnS and LS as back up mains. oh and i think someone mentioned it earlier today but the starting armors are.... kinda disappointing ability wise so far but im sure that will go away once late low rank or high rank starts

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
So people playing on an old 3ds like I am: What's the best camera technique you've found? I mean both in terms of the options in the option menu, as well as what you use to control the camera. Worth keeping that digital d pad on the touch screen? Should I really only be focusing on the L button? What's the best setting for that?

I have an old 3DS. I also own the CPP, so I chose that. :p

Renewed

So I'm jumping into this game blind since I like learning about my choices for armours and skills. Got to HR2 and got the Nerscylla set with accompanying IG and I'm about to take it for a spin. I'm gonna have to get some Decorations to offset the Hunger.

I'm still adamant about sticking to my GS for the game so I'll focus it on singleplayer as I continue learning.

Just met the "Ace hunters" and so far its definitely a much better "Beginning" than all other monsters hunters theres no doubt about that. instead of 3-5 hours of meaningless quests it only takes about an hour to get to the large monsters (and not just Great Jaggi)

I think i might go ahead and hope online soon if anyone else is up to it. So far i've been sticking to the Charge Blade to get a handle on it but also have SnS and LS as back up mains. oh and i think someone mentioned it earlier today but the starting armors are.... kinda disappointing ability wise so far but im sure that will go away once late low rank or high rank starts

I'm up for some low level hunting, haven't been online yet either. Been messing around with the Dual Blades, Hammer and Gunlance and I like them all.

deim0s

I dont use a circle pad so I basically use the default. I use both the dpad, the virtual dpad and the L button. The virtual dpad pushed a bit to the right.

I use the L button when I overshoot or need a quick glance to the back.

ys45

Man I can't wait to play this on Monday.
Reading all your reply make me want to play even more.

And the worst thing is I have the game sitting on my desk waiting for my new 3ds -_-

AriEX2

i'm using a new 3ds and even then i barely touch the second stick. L targetting is wayyy faster and better for keeping track of large monsters.

second stick probably helps a bit for lining up with smaller ones, but you won't be bothering with them after the first few ranks anyway.

I don't want to make a ton of armor sets while slogging through low-high rank quests but i do wanna have something. Such tough choices xP

wiibomb

I don't want to make a ton of armor sets while slogging through low-high rank quests but i do wanna have something. Such tough choices xP

I always recommend to only do one good armor for the low rank since that rank goes pretty fast and those armors are gonna be outdated by high rank, on high rank you can dedicate more time on armors, and even then on G they will be also outdated

PKrockin

I made the virtal d-pad tiny so I don't have to stretch my thumb so far across the screen to use look left. Generally when I'm using the circle pad I turn the camera with the virtual d-pad and when I'm pressing the buttons I turn the camera with the d-pad. It's nowhere near perfect but I'm starting to get used to it. Setting the target lock to mode 2 so it only seings the camera left and right, not up and down, also helps.

I always recommend to only do one good armor for the low rank since that rank goes pretty fast and those armors are gonna be outdated by high rank, on high rank you can dedicate more time on armors, and even then on G they will be also outdated

Oh yeah i'm well aware. I have a ton of armors I made in 3U that I never wore after i figured out how it all worked xD.

Neku054

Neo Member
I'm up for some low level hunting, haven't been online yet either. Been messing around with the Dual Blades, Hammer and Gunlance and I like them all.

Sure thing, ill send you a PM in like 10 minutes or so (gotta take care of somethings real quick). ill post the room code here too incase anyone else wants in at the time

Sure thing, ill send you a PM in like 10 minutes or so (gotta take care of somethings real quick). ill post the room code here too incase anyone else wants in at the time

Cool, gives me some time to finish trying not to faint beat the crap out of this Velocidrome.

Edit: I failed, shoulda brought more items. Maybe take another weapon as well, monster jumps around too much for the Hammer.

Neku054

Neo Member
Cool, gives me some time to finish trying not to faint beat the crap out of this Velocidrome.

Edit: I failed, shoulda brought more items. Maybe take another weapon as well, monster jumps around too much for the Hammer.

Message Sent, as for anyone else who might wants in Gathering Hall ID is 41-7943-9365-4717

Pass Code is 1640

ramyeon

This game is hard but so good. I wanted to use charge blade but I really suck with it so im going sa instead.
Let me know if you wanna play online, since we're both in Korea we should get a pretty good connection.

As long as you don't throw me around with your Swaxe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom