• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early impressions so far:

This is the third Monster Hunter I play but I've always gave up at the beginning of the ones I played before. That said this ones feels is going to be the best by far. I've just played 2 quests but I have to say everything just clicks. The nub in the New 3DS feels great for controlling the camera, and the graphics are really great, took me by surprise since the consensus was they were ugly.

I think is a must have game so far.

popyea

This is the third Monster Hunter I play but I've always gave up at the beginning of the ones I played before. That said this ones feels is going to be the best by far. I've just played 2 quests but I have to say everything just clicks. The nub in the New 3DS feels great for controlling the camera, and the graphics are really great, took me by surprise since the consensus was they were ugly.

People get hung up on the texture quality, but the art direction in these games is never short of incredible. I thought MH3U was beautiful, while some say the game is too ugly to handle. Maybe they just didn't get to the best looking locations yet.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
WdXGVwP.jpg
Am a bit late but wanted to say Great OT Nachos!

hitmon

I'm in the same boat as far as the game clicking versus the ones in the past. The game looks great on the new 3DS and I'm surprised how good the nub is with camera control. I've been trying to play with 3D on, but there are times where the image appears distorted.

Playing on the new 3ds, is it possible to have it default to circle pad pro setting on? It seems to default to off when I exit the game and return at a later time.

Do I need to complete the tutorial before I can switch to a different weapon set? I remember it mentioning going into the house, but I haven't had success entering the house.

Krogan

Man this game is so much fun online, I had played MH3U on 3ds solo up to about the first main water boss (and I couldn't get past him when he was at the swamp area). Although since I just have been joining random group kills all my gear is from different sets.

JimPanzer

Playing on the new 3ds, is it possible to have it default to circle pad pro setting on? It seems to default to off when I exit the game and return at a later time.

Do I need to complete the tutorial before I can switch to a different weapon set? I remember it mentioning going into the house, but I haven't had success entering the house.

change your settings when asked at the beginning of the game before the menu (changing it in the main menu should also work)

you don't need to complete the tutorials, all of the weapons are in you stash. remember you can't access the house when you've accepted a quest.

JimPanzer

Any good site to easily view all the armor models?

As the first MH I'm playing from launch, I am very much missing the existence of a wiki. Hahaha oh lord, this might get rough.

not a site, but far better: Ping's MH4G Dex was just released in english https://sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex/en_us

might be something worth putting into the first post

edit: seems as if the wrong file is linked, can't download version 003

hitmon

change your settings when asked at the beginning of the game before the menu (changing it in the main menu should also work)

you don't need to complete the tutorials, all of the weapons are in you stash. remember you can't access the house when you've accepted a quest.

Maybe I accepted a quest before attempting to enter the house, I'll try again. Thanks for the quick response.

Just completed the 2nd area's last quest. How do I get scraps to level up my Palicoe's weapon and armor? And I'm guessing the second palicoe is later in the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom