• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when does my cat start coming out on hunts with me? I already talked to him in my house and selecting palico under the menu says I can dismiss it but there is nothing to dismiss.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks! Something tells me that I SHOULD be able to get into MH. I got into Ragnarok Odyssey a bit on Vita, so I know it's doable.

Is this MH a good intro to the series? When I played the PSP one I found it rather obtuse.

This is the perfect starting MH. There are a ton of tutorials for things that went unexplained in other MH games.

So, I don't mean to sound bitchy, but when does this game get fun?

Three hours in and all I'm doing is gathering plants and killing fodder animals. It's incredibly boring. I'm just blindly running around killing things with a packed inventory until I stimble upon what I'm supposed to kill. I just did this horn quest where I had to get three horns. I killed eight of the enemiesbefore one horn even dropped, and that took 20 minutes because I didn't even know if I was killing the right enemy. Only when I got a complete sub quest did I know.

I'm dying of boredom and getting frustrated at the archaic design of a lot of things. When does the game become fun?
Then stop picking those quests.

gogogow

So when does my cat start coming out on hunts with me? I already talked to him in my house and selecting palico under the menu says I can dismiss it but there is nothing to dismiss.

Go to the back of your house and click on that board. Set him/her to deploy instead of rest.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So you can replay missions or such? Might go tackle him some more.

Oh you will be replaying missions. You will be replaying a lot of missions.

But its important to note that 90% of the time the missions you'll be replaying are the big interesting fights, so it doesn't get old (unless you're hitting a wall trying to get one rare component). Once you get into the real swing of the game you won't mind replaying stuff over and over because its always engaging

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Insect glaive is pretty fun, but I'm afraid to upgrade the thing until a guide comes out. See like you can really mess up the kinsect.

Go to the board in your house and under his name select the option that isn't "rest"

Insect glaive is pretty fun, but I'm afraid to upgrade the thing until a guide comes out. See like you can really mess up the kinsect.
Dump speed, get money.

So uh what's the deal with expeditions? Are they just like Moga Island free hunts from Tri/3U? Are some monsters relegated to being fought in expeditions only? I've beaten a velocridrome and kut-ku there but haven't seen any means to fight them in a non-guild quest.

I don't hate it, I'm just confused by it's existence.

Also how do you recruit more felynes? the game said something about going on hunts and going to the tiny cat areas but none of them say anything. the just walk around

So uh what's the deal with expeditions? Are they just like Moga Island free hunts from Tri/3U? Are some monsters relegated to being fought in expeditions only? I've beaten a velocridrome and kut-ku there but haven't seen any means to fight them in a non-guild quest.

rare items along with the fact you kind find battered armor or weapons that can be repaired. poogie outfits as well

Kinsei

Banned
Also how do you recruit more felynes? the game said something about going on hunts and going to the tiny cat areas but none of them say anything. the just walk around

Have you completed the 4* Congalala quest in single player yet? You need to do that first. After that wild palicos can show up in the felyne villages.

Femto.

Has anyone had a hard time picking up copies at retail stores? Amazon is already out and third parties are selling them over MSRP.

Reknoc

Kecha Wacha set looks cute, especially with its little lu bu helmet, shame the skills don't interest me. Time to git gud enough to not care about skills

popyea

I love the two new weapons so much. Like, I could easily see myself being content with just those for the majority of the game. The insect glaive has got so much cool shit going on. You've got all these cool advancing and retreating attacks, and the ranged marking shot, and the pole vault, and the insect throwing and catching. And there is just so much stuff to be aware and thinking about with it. You'd expect the bug to home in on your mark, but you actually have to time your trajectory, judging the speed it moves and what the monster is doing. And I haven't even begun on the extract combination effects.
The red seems to give you more combos is all I've really discovered.

PKrockin

Holy crap the Tetsucabra is so cool.

I'm liking it. It feels dangerous and unpredictable. Four monsters showed up on my second expedition, I believe it was a Yian Kut-Ku, two Velocidrome, and a Seltas. With only unupgraded leather armor and two potions, that was a battle of endurance. I was expecting one monster or two at the most and I got double-teamed twice.

I'm kinda bugged by the mat trading system. Seems like an excuse for the devs to reuse assets from Tri/3U instead of making new weapons.

Yian Kut-ku armour still looks fugly as fuck. You can't go back to that ugly armour designs after all the nice 3rd gen armour sets.

onionfrog

Has anyone had a hard time picking up copies at retail stores? Amazon is already out and third parties are selling them over MSRP.
My target had four copies but they were all still in the back in the stockroom.
(They had 30+ copies of MM3D on the shelves, MH not getting the respect it deserves :p )

If you don't see the game on the shelf be sure to ask them to check in the back
;)

Femto.

My target had four copies but they were all still in the back in the stockroom.
(They had 30+ copies of MM3D on the shelves, MH not getting the respect it deserves :p )

If you don't see the game on the shelf be sure to ask them to check in the back
;)

Haven't tried target, just GameStop. Thanks! I betted on the wrong horse and pre ordered MM instead of MH lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom