• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

Later today, maybe in 4 hours or so. MuchiMuchiPink, JimPanzer and myself are doing a lvl127+ Teo GQ.

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to join us!

Only Requirement: special G-rank permit

Good fire res and maybe bio researcher are preferred, but not a must. It just makes it easier for you, but please bring life powder and dust of life!

We would be ready. Anyone wanna join us?

You should absolutely stick to elemental with weapons with rapid attacks but lacking in high damage output.

Unlike melee damage, Elemental damage is the same for every single hit regaurdless of what move was used, so moves that do practically no damage but hit rapidly are 'worthless' for melee damage only weapons, in comparison to the brutal damage they will be dealing when used with elemental weapons.

I will always be a switch axer/charge blade user for blademaster, because I just find the technical aspects and freedom in fluidity incredibly stimulating and fun, but high elemental SnS and dual blades shred monsters so much faster than my axes. You just have to make sure you have the right element for the right monster.

I read on Gaijin about the potential of Sleep Bombing. Since damage is 3x for the hit it wakes the monster and bombs have set damage...
It's maybe because I'm new to the sword, or maybe I'm not hitting on the right places or my element is too low, but I can rarely put them to sleep.
Yesterday I was (trying) to solo Akantor and managed to put it to sleep twice during the whole battle (I triple carted, by the way), and the same happened when farming B.Tigrex (although in one occasion I managed to kill it in under 10 minutes, Sleep Bombing with Felyne Bombardier)

la_briola

Later today, maybe in 4 hours or so. MuchiMuchiPink, JimPanzer and myself are doing a lvl127+ Teo GQ.

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to join us!

Only Requirement: special G-rank permit

Good fire res and maybe bio researcher are preferred, but not a must. It just makes it easier for you, but please bring life powder and dust of life!

We would be ready. Anyone wanna join us?

Room is open.

ID: 47-1115-7192-2290
PW: 1111

JudgeN

I don't understand this game, so i'm farming Azure Rathalos I got the rubies without to much issue. My issue is I can't get the fucking tails, ive cut 10-15 tails and only got 1 tail so far. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? This game is fucking infuriating sometimes.

I don't understand this game, so i'm farming Azure Rathalos I got the rubies without to much issue. My issue is I can't get the fucking tails, ive cut 10-15 tails and only got 1 tail so far. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? This game is fucking infuriating sometimes.

If only you could just drag the tail with you. Like a Powderstone quest or something - drag it back to your camp and it's yours.

Kyuur

You should absolutely stick to elemental with weapons with rapid attacks but lacking in high damage output.

Unlike melee damage, Elemental damage is the same for every single hit regaurdless of what move was used, so moves that do practically no damage but hit rapidly are 'worthless' for melee damage only weapons, in comparison to the brutal damage they will be dealing when used with elemental weapons.

I will always be a switch axer/charge blade user for blademaster, because I just find the technical aspects and freedom in fluidity incredibly stimulating and fun, but high elemental SnS and dual blades shred monsters so much faster than my axes. You just have to make sure you have the right element for the right monster.

Is this true for bows as well? Everywhere I've seen says to use max charge shot always with no mention of this.

Update on B. Tigrex:
After 3 Triple Carts, I changed my strategy and got Gravios armor (gemmed with AtkUp M), and got the Sword and Shield from the Rust Shard that gives 520 Dragon element.

Well, I just fought him - stomped him! Woo! 0 carts, had some Mega Potions left, and was able to capture him after 18 minutes. Was a good choice changing things up a bit.

Should've went with a high raw weapon with water element if possible. 520 dragon element / 10 = 52 is your default elemental power. Your weapon has blue sharpness and a raw value of 126, so your damage modifier is 1.06x for elemental and 1.20x for raw - this is why I always suggest going with a weapon with higher raw than higher elemental.

Just something to keep in mind if you want to take down monsters faster. Otherwise, good hunt!

ilium

Is this true for bows as well? Everywhere I've seen says to use max charge shot always with no mention of this.

bows gain 1.2 elemental damage increase with charge 3 afaik.
can't look it up right now, sorry.

edit.
got the wrong number:

Level Attack Element Poison Paralysis/Sleep

Lv.1  0.4   0.7    0.5   0.5

Lv.2  1.0  0.85   1.0   1.0

Lv.3  1.5   1.0    1.5   1.3

Lv.4  1.7   1.125   1.5   1.3

Should've went with a high raw weapon with water element if possible. 520 dragon element / 10 = 52 is your default elemental power. Your weapon has blue sharpness and a raw value of 126, so your damage modifier is 1.06x for elemental and 1.20x for raw - this is why I always suggest going with a weapon with higher raw than higher elemental.

Just something to keep in mind if you want to take down monsters faster. Otherwise, good hunt!

Well, it actually has 168 raw. I figured the thing swings really fast, and 520 is a massive number for an element that B Tigrex is somewhat weak to.

Not only that, but I had the materials for the weapon :p I didn't have enough for the main water line, and I figured I could use a good dragon weapon. Regardless, I wrecked him with this one, and did piss poor with everything else I tried.

Oh, my. I was not really expecting that reward for beating Seregios. :p

Ah, well. Got a Dissenter, so I'm happy.

ANYWAYS, good people of GAF... For the third time, I beseech thee... Could someone please help me with Gogmazios?

The Gathering Hall ID is 30-6747-3208-5926

EDIT EDIT: Why's Gog so unpopular?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Feck it all.

Reknoc

aw yiss

pmlZdBF.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
What's best for breaking Zamtrios tail? I need that bladetail

Prototype

Nope. Both the Apex Seregios and the Kushala Daora quests disappear for good.
Damn. Haha. Would have been too easy to farm them that way.

Capcom too smart.

Edit.

I've been using either Kushala X or Azure Los so far with Rouge Sedition so I haven't needed sharpness +1, but I made a few more GS last night, including Cera, and now I need a set with sharpness +1.

Once I have that I plan on unlocking the rest of the Wycoon trade mats and the online wystone quests.

Then I guess it's time to farm guild quests and get a beast GS.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What's best for breaking Zamtrios tail? I need that bladetail
Light bowgun! It's so easy to break anything on any monster once you have a handling on the controls. Zamtrios' tail lays flat and a lot of times he'll stand still or go after your palicoes, so it'd be much easier than say a Rathalos tail.

That said, for some reason I broke both back legs on 6 tetsucabras and didn't get a single claw+ so you might just get fucked by the RNG for a while even with a 65% chance.

Do you walk over to the tail and carve it?

blackflag

I killed him like 80 times no rubies. Then I got a ruby 2 quests in a row. RNGeezus is a mystery.

Kinsei

Banned
Damn. Haha. Would have been too easy to farm them that way.

Capcom too smart.

Yep, especially since the Apex Sergios quest has a 100% drop rate for zenith wyvern gems.

I killed him like 80 times no rubies. Then I got a ruby 2 quests in a row. RNGeezus is a mystery.

Don't kill Los and Ian if you;re going for their rare drops because it's impossible to carve them from their body.

I was wondering how come I couldn't break Teostras face and now I read you need dragon element to do that. That's what I get for not looking it up sooner.

blackflag

Yep, especially since the Apex Sergios quest has a 100% drop rate for zenith wyvern gems.

Don't kill Los and Ian if you;re going for their rare drops because it's impossible to carve them from their body.

Yeah I actually captured him every time. Just misworded.

Prototype

I was wondering how come I couldn't break Teostras face and now I read you need dragon element to do that. That's what I get for not looking it up sooner.
Breaking his horns?

I have the Teo Del Sol (Final Teo GS) it requires 4 horns and used Rouge sedition GS ( no element). That said I did hunt I groups but other then blast no one was using dragon as far as I remember.

Just have everyone focus on his head. Mounting repeatedly helps since traps on don't work out him.

Ridley327

I feel like that you should just give up on Akantor as soon as there's even a little bit of lag. Everything gets so fucked up that it's impossible to keep track of it properly, leading to virtually invisible deaths.

Valus

So are GS users with crit draw just ignoring the new super sweep mechanic since it doesn't benefit from crit draw at all? Do you just GS snipe everything until it gets knocked over, stunned, mounted, etc and then do a full super combo? Or do you still just crit draw, sheath, crit draw when they're vunerable?

Demoli

So then I should be going tail first then face?

That was the freedom unite way to break it's horns. You can most certainly break it's horns with any element without injuring his tail now, I have done it many times.

The horns are really tough to break tho, they soak loads of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom